The Bigfooty NBA Week 17 Thread - "Insane" trade sees Aussie NBA Star Kyrie Irving headed to the Mavericks

Remove this Banner Ad

Best available star attainable with the limited resources the Mavs had.

I like it for Dallas
Hard to argue that but it’s an all in move, I haven’t bought in to the Luka leaving hype but if Kyrie goes full Kyrie they can kiss Luka good bye.

Pushing all your chips in to the middle and gambling on… Kyrie is certainly a move

Sigh… happy for Luka getting help but why does it have to be from Kyrie 😑
I can see why they did it, but it’s a big hit defensively.

He’ll also want a 4 year max, so this period will definitely be interesting.

Really is win now for the Mavs - don't mind it for the Nets as Dinwiddie is a discount but still serviceable. Nets though will be mired into first or second round of the playoffs but nothing beyond that - key question is what does KD do from here.

Trade KD to the Suns, Suns will come to the party now. Trade around Bridges, Johnson, Crowder and 3 or 4 1st rounders to get it done.

Hard to argue that but it’s an all in move, I haven’t bought in to the Luka leaving hype but if Kyrie goes full Kyrie they can kiss Luka good bye.

Pushing all your chips in to the middle and gambling on… Kyrie is certainly a move
I don't like it for Dallas just purely because of team chem. You're bringing in a guy that has 3 months to get around the team and build some kind of relationships with the teammates and coaches etc, not only that hes a FA after this season.

Mavs lost this one imo.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I REALLY like this trade for the Lakers. No loss of draft picks. Looking at the future, unlike Terry Wallaces 5 year plan which yielded success.

Dinwiddie cant wear 8 cause of Aussie Patty Mills.

0x0.jpg

Look2Me4Guidance

Cuban is gone at the game

Trade reeks of complete desperation

Could of kept Brunson at a discounted price than what Kyrie will want long term and didn’t need to offload assets
Completely agree with this.

Bruson was the best 2nd player to luka that dallas could've asked for.

I don't like it for Dallas just purely because of team chem. You're bringing in a guy that has 3 months to get around the team and build some kind of relationships with the teammates and coaches etc, not only that hes a FA after this season.

Mavs lost this one imo.
I think we can’t judge it yet, as they were they were at absolute best a 2nd round exit. Now they are potentially a lot better. Obviously we know what the risks are but this is a wait and see more than most trades

Completely agree with this.

Bruson was the best 2nd player to luka that dallas could've asked for.
This is true but no one thought that when he was cooked in the play offs two years ago. They messed up not extending him before the end of last season but by that point I think he was always going to the Knicks.

Let’s also not pretend a huge % of people weren’t mocking the Knicks for overpaying for him at the time of the signing

Ultimately at the start of the day the Mavericks weren’t contenders, now they might be if they can make another small move before the deadline. They have a chance now and they didn’t before the trade, that’s something.

Ultimately at the start of the day the Mavericks weren’t contenders, now they might be if they can make another small move before the deadline. They have a chance now and they didn’t before the trade, that’s something.

Yeah this is how we have to look at it put aside all the Kyrie off court bullshit and he by far was the best player available and still only 30.

Mavs now need to make a couple strong moves.

Mavs need to sign Wood aswell.

I REALLY like this trade for the Lakers. No loss of draft picks. Looking at the future, unlike Terry Wallaces 5 year plan which yielded success.

Dinwiddie cant wear 8 cause of Aussie Patty Mills.

0x0.jpg

Look2Me4Guidance

I believe in true BigFooty parlance, KD supported the Suns as a kid.

This is true but no one thought that when he was cooked in the play offs two years ago. They messed up not extending him before the end of last season but by that point I think he was always going to the Knicks.

Let’s also not pretend a huge % of people weren’t mocking the Knicks for overpaying for him at the time of the signing
Definitely, I think though more people said they overpaid for Brunson rather than give up assets for Mitchell which is what people mocked the knicks about which will forever remain a mock as to why the knicks didn’t go harder after Mitchell.

Remove this Banner Ad

The Bigfooty NBA Week 17 Thread - "Insane" trade sees Aussie NBA Star Kyrie Irving headed to the Mavericks

Remove this Banner Ad

Back