The Bigfooty NBA Week 17 Thread - "Insane" trade sees Aussie NBA Star Kyrie Irving headed to the Mavericks

Remove this Banner Ad

You'll have to remind me how Harden-Durant-Kyrie worked out - I think I missed that few weeks of the NBA
Injuries were the only thing that stopped them, they have two shot creators on this roster and you think there isn’t enough ball to go around?

Kyrie will be fine with Luka.

Its a repeat of Kyrie and Harden, and Kyrie was surprisingly great as an off-ball player.

Feel bad for Luka though.

It might be you, mate :p

Kyrie would hate the Los Angeles sheep and probably sit out the season out of disgust so the Lakers not trading everything they have for him is a W

Kyrie will be fine with Luka.

Its a repeat of Kyrie and Harden, and Kyrie was surprisingly great as an off-ball player.

Feel bad for Luka though.

Since when did Kyrie/Harden work?

I actually think it will work though as I think Doncic will be happy enough to take fewer shots and pass it off more. It wont be enough to compete come finals time however. Jokic will go for 50/20/10 against a boob like Christian Wood

You need 3 stars, not 2 when its all said and done

I wonder if Markieff will wear a cowboy hat?

nba_draft_fashion_walker.jpg

wont be well received in Texas but

Mark Cuban is like a gambler putting his last 10 bucks on number 33 at the roulette table

Kind of wanted Kyrie Lakers to happen. If only for the quality storyline of Russ landing back in KD’s lap then the Brooklyn dream of KD/Kyrie/Harden ultimately ending as Simmons and Westbrook

Perfect fit. One doesnt shoot, the other doesnt stop shooting

I have always loved the NBA but never been able to settle on a team I always gravitated towards the Knicks for some reason. All the kids same as age as me were all Bulls and Jordan fans I didn't want to be one of the sheep. I enjoyed Barkley and the mailman but one bloke stood out for me more than any and it was Ewing. To say its been a grind to try and support the Knicks is an understatement, one of the most iconic cities in the world and MSG it just has so much appeal but then on court its been a shit show.

Over that period of time been some signings you think here we go, Rose, Stoudemire, Mello that come to mind.... When I saw Brunson was onboard and they wouldn't move Barrett on to get Donovan I was flat, started trying to have more interest in the Nets to keep that New York area but I keep gravitating back towards the Knicks they might not have the superstar power the Nets did but they just have a bloody crack that group. Don't get me wrong some shocking results and some great ones this year, have not got a championship line up but I am enjoying the roller coaster ride that it is. That was a great comeback win today.

I actually think it will work though as I think Doncic will be happy enough to take fewer shots and pass it off more. It wont be enough to compete come finals time however. Jokic will go for 50/20/10 against a boob like Christian Wood

Fit wise it did, on the court they looked amazing

But the nuggets on have 1 star? maybe 2 if you are being very generous.

But the nuggets on have 1 star? maybe 2 if you are being very generous.

Think they have 2 for sure in Murray/Jokic . Murray at 20/5/5 with similar efficiency as Kyrie and only doesnt match him due to lower usage. After that they are just 10 times more rounded outside of those 2 then a team like Dallas, when you got Gordon in career best form and miles better then Wood, KCP as a defensive stopper above what Reggie Bullock provides, Porter Jnr who is having a crappy year but above Hardaway Jnr and then just a much stronger bench with Bruce Brown in particular who is maybe 6th man of the year this year

Losing Hyland wont be ideal for them but think they get something good back to help on the wings more and just go with Smith/Braun/Brown as your guard backups

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Think they have 2 for sure in Murray/Jokic . Murray at 20/5/5 with similar efficiency as Kyrie and only doesnt match him due to lower usage. After that they are just 10 times more rounded outside of those 2 then a team like Dallas, when you got Gordon in career best form and miles better then Wood, KCP as a defensive stopper above what Reggie Bullock provides, Porter Jnr who is having a crappy year but above Hardaway Jnr and then just a much stronger bench with Bruce Brown in particular who is maybe 6th man of the year this year

Losing Hyland wont be ideal for them but think they get something good back to help on the wings more and just go with Smith/Braun/Brown as your guard backups
I agree with a lot of that, also agree the Nuggets are favourites. But the gap between Murray and Kyrie as players is significant and not just a usage thing.

The nuggets deserve to be favourites but the gap between all the contending west teams is not very large at all

I agree with a lot of that, also agree the Nuggets are favourites. But the gap between Murray and Kyrie as players is significant and not just a usage thing.

The nuggets deserve to be favourites but the gap between all the contending west teams is not very large at all

Giving Kyrie too much credit. He is not the ball handler he once was.

Memphis need to uprade from Dillon Brooks. Until they do that they are a non threat.

Brooks is legit worst starter in the league thats playing for a contending team

They should be all in for OG Anuoby.

or KD now

I wonder if GSW enter the conversation again with Stephs injury and the underwhelming performance by the youngsters so far

Think a Wiseman, Kuminga, Draymond and picks for Durant would work. Imagine KD would be happy to join as long as Green goes

Why would the nets want green and simmons on the same team? they also have claxton so wiseman might be a bad fit. it would probs work better if you send klay thompson

Whenever KD gets traded they'll get a massive haul for him imo. Soo many teams could use him, especially the upcoming teams like grizz, thunder, pels etc who also have good assets.

Why would the nets want green and simmons on the same team? they also have claxton so wiseman might be a bad fit. it would probs work better if you send klay thompson

To move them on for assets I mean. So a 3/4 team trade but thats what GSW send

Think Green could go to a side like Dallas. Kuminga to a side like Toronto too

To move them on for assets I mean. So a 3/4 team trade but thats what GSW send

Think Green could go to a side like Dallas. Kuminga to a side like Toronto too

Yea, that would make more sense. Nets are hamstrung by simmons too. They can't really trade for a big like a Green/Mobley with Simmons & Claxton in the team. One of them has to go too. Klay + Kuminga for Durant could work depending on how desperate the warriors are to win now or like a Jaylen Brown for Durant (again on celtics win now).

Imo Pels could be a smokey for Durant in the off-season. McCollum, plus a youngster and picks for Durant.

Yea, that would make more sense. Nets are hamstrung by simmons too. They can't really trade for a big like a Green/Mobley with Simmons & Claxton in the team. One of them has to go too. Klay + Kuminga for Durant could work depending on how desperate the warriors are to win now or like a Jaylen Brown for Durant (again on celtics win now).

Imo Pels could be a smokey for Durant in the off-season. McCollum, plus a youngster and picks for Durant.

They need to move Simmons to the bench as a 6th man. He cant start anymore. I think he can have success as a 6th man getting on the court when Claxton and O'Neale are off and instead he just has Dinwiddie, Thomas, Curry, Warren around him ie. scorers galore

A waste of big money but he is unmoveable at this stage .

Dont like it for Pels. Just dont think Ingram and Durant co-exist.

I think Klays value is pretty low atm. No point trading him especially when he wont leave, unlike Green who likely will

Last edited:

Remove this Banner Ad

The Bigfooty NBA Week 17 Thread - "Insane" trade sees Aussie NBA Star Kyrie Irving headed to the Mavericks

Remove this Banner Ad

Back