FTA-TV The BigFooty Top 100 TV Shows Countdown (Top 10 Counting Down)

Remove this Banner Ad

Just read the list! Few thoughts

Shattered with #1, always found it predictable and unfunny. I know I'm in the minority.
A few better shows were just above the likes of Dexter and Entourage but I agree they are entertaining.
Scrubs over Community all day long.
Lost way too high and wtf is Survivor even doing here.
Think my top 5 all made it in the Top 13 or so happy there.
Need to obtain some of the old comedies - Goodies!

Thanks to the guys who put this together!

How on EARTH is Breaking Bad not even in the Top 100???

???????

2. Breaking Bad (2008 - 2013)
View attachment 17481
Created by: Vince Gilligan
Starring:Bryan Cranston, Anna Gunn, Aaron Paul
Channel: AMC
IMDB Rating: 9.4
Bigfooty
Votes: 932
Highest Position: 1st
Appeared on: 56 Lists
Informed he has terminal cancer, an underachieving chemistry genius turned high school teacher uses his expertise to secretly provide for his family by producing the world's highest quality crystal meth.

Ahhh, I herp-derped! I just looked at the list in the first post and it finishes at number 4 - Game of Thrones. I didn't even look at the numbers!

Ahhh, I herp-derped! I just looked at the list in the first post and it finishes at number 4 - Game of Thrones. I didn't even look at the numbers!

Ah yes - sorry about that. You'll also find that the list in the OP doesn't match the actual countdown in a few places.

Kyptastic was the OP so only he could update it, I sent him my re-assembled list after he lost his, then realised I'd made a couple of errors with the tiebreakers, and missed a few votes for The Walking Dead due to a missing "The". Too late I realised he was putting the old list in the OP before he went away - so go with the actual countdown everybody. My bad :oops:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Lost was pretty damn good. S1 was superb, S2 was pretty great and the rest of the seasons, while often hit and miss, had some of my favourite episodes of TV.

Season 1 was awesome, after that it seemed like they had no direction. The awesomeness of season 1 kept me watching until season 4 until I gave up on it. Popularity doesn't equal quality.

Season 1 was awesome, after that it seemed like they had no direction. The awesomeness of season 1 kept me watching until season 4 until I gave up on it. Popularity doesn't equal quality.
Agree to disagree then.

As I said, Lost has produced some of the best moments in TV history, hence why it holds a special place in peoples hearts and therefore why it always ranks decently in 'best TV' polls/lists.

30 Rock ahead of Curb? WTF!?
Boardwalk Empire and Louie in the 90s behind so much other garbage.

double-facepalm.jpg

Exactly the same way Prison Break treated me. Season one was a really good piece or work but got worse and worse and then horrible, stopped watching about 5 episodes into season 3.

Have just watched the first season of Homeland, I can see why everybody is all over this show, absolutely hooked!

Can't wait to get stuck into Season 2 tonight and into next week.:thumbsu:

I gave up around season 3, the show just lost me (didn't even realise the pun until I finished this post haha). As you said, the plot felt all over the place, I couldn't keep up!

Exactly the same way Prison Break treated me. Season one was a really good piece or work but got worse and worse and then horrible, stopped watching about 5 episodes into season 3.
I reckon season 4 (final season) was nearly the best season of Prison Break, you missed out!

Have just watched the first season of Homeland, I can see why everybody is all over this show, absolutely hooked!

Can't wait to get stuck into Season 2 tonight and into next week.:thumbsu:
Homelands good. I actually liked season 2 better, altho I think I'm in the minority - most people I talk to liked the first one better. Regardless it's a great show - and (like most) flows better not having to wait a week in between. :thumbsu:

Nice list, when I get time definitely gonna watch a few shows I have missed over years that seem to rate highly, particularly;

Oz, The West Wing, Parks and Recreation, It’s Always Sunny in Philadelphia and Arrested Development
Start with always Sunny, is hilarious and about to go into its 9th seasons so you have got a lot of catching up to do, season 3 is where it really kicks off for me, the first two seasons feel a little low budget for my liking.

Remove this Banner Ad

FTA-TV The BigFooty Top 100 TV Shows Countdown (Top 10 Counting Down)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back