FTA-TV The BigFooty Top 100 TV Shows Countdown (Top 10 Counting Down)

Remove this Banner Ad

Band of Brothers only 31st....no way

I think that suffered from being a mini series, I know I left it off my initial list because I didn't think it would qualify as a TV series but it would definitely have been top 10, was a great series and The Pacific was pretty good too.

I think that suffered from being a mini series, I know I left it off my initial list because I didn't think it would qualify as a TV series but it would definitely have been top 10, was a great series and The Pacific was pretty good too.

Yeah if it doesn't qualify don't include it but if it does then surely top 10.

Seeing the that there were only 5 Australian shows in the Top 100, was wondering what a Top 100 Australian TV show countdown would look like. Too soon after this overall one to do it now, but a bit down the track?

Definitely not saying Australian shows are any better than the shows that were in this 100, nor that the shows that were in the list didn't deserve to be there.
bump:
Would any non-comedy make ithe top 30 or so? The problem would be after the top ten you might be delving into "Neighbours", "Hey Hey Its Saturday" and "Hey, Dad" territory.

Really, beyond "Frontline", Chris Lilley stuff, "The Games", "Mother and Son" and a few others ... what else is there that's not total tripe? Play School and Mr Squiggle might crack a top ten.

bump:
Would any non-comedy make ithe top 30 or so? The problem would be after the top ten you might be delving into "Neighbours", "Hey Hey Its Saturday" and "Hey, Dad" territory.

Really, beyond "Frontline", Chris Lilley stuff, "The Games", "Mother and Son" and a few others ... what else is there that's not total tripe? Play School and Mr Squiggle might crack a top ten.

Ahhh! Zombie Thread!!

I think there have been plenty of Australian non-comedies over the years that would rank high.
The question is: would any of the comedies get in other than the Frontlines & Summer Heights Highs, maybe Comedy Company, Fast Forward, Big Gig? Is that what you meant?

The quality overall would drop dramatically past the Top 50 or so I think. Still don't think Neighbours, Hey Dad et al would get much of a look in though.

I really can't think too many non-comedies that have been any good. Maybe a few mini-series like Changi or ANZACs, but very little in the way of long running series. And not many comedies have actually been good either.
Maybe there have been a lot and I'm just drawing a blank, but I really can't think of many at all.
A top 100 would be bringing out some pretty bad stuff I reckon.

Shall we find out? I'll crunch the numbers ... will make it a Top 50 to begin with but usual rules ... i fit doesn't get too thin may extend it. Miniseries would be included.

Remove this Banner Ad

FTA-TV The BigFooty Top 100 TV Shows Countdown (Top 10 Counting Down)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back