Streaming The Boys (Amazon)

Streaming Television

Remove this Banner Ad

God, Iā€™ve given him everything. I havenā€™t had a doctorā€™s appointment in three ******* years. Countless UTIs, enough yeast infections to open a Panera.

Spat my drink out at this.

Caught up with the 3rd episode now. One gripe was the Hughie being in the air vents sequence. Homelander surely wouldā€™ve heard him well before the sweat dripping.

Feel bad for the octopus stuck in the tank at the back of his cupboard. ā€œWe havenā€™t been intimate in over a weekā€. ****ing hell.

Some really good new entrants to the line up. Sage in particular.

The actor portraying Ryan is fantastic. Doing an excellent job. I still believe (and hoping) the demise of Homelander will come from him next season.

Couple of questions;

Haven't seen the spinoff, is it critical to watch before this season?

Were the first 3 eps enough storywise to keep interest for the rest of the season? As someone whos enjoyed the show, last season was a slog to finish, and the shock value stuff does nothing for me anymore. Figure with Season 5 being the last, may as well see it out.

Couple of questions;

Haven't seen the spinoff, is it critical to watch before this season?

Were the first 3 eps enough storywise to keep interest for the rest of the season? As someone whos enjoyed the show, last season was a slog to finish, and the shock value stuff does nothing for me anymore. Figure with Season 5 being the last, may as well see it out.

So far Gen V has been referenced in passing dialogue only. When it did, it helped that I knew what they were talking about however I wouldnā€™t say itā€™s essential viewing. When I did stumble across it though I was pleasantly surprised, that series was much better than I thought it would be. So in that respect, itā€™s worth a try regardless.

As for the first 3 episodes, for me it helped knowing that weā€™re building towards an endgame in season 5. I feel itā€™s been going in circles otherwise the last season or so and a bit of staleness crept in for me. But now I have a fresher approach and have quite enjoyed this start and some deeper character work.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Just finished the first three, a welcome return to form. Looks like the reviews were correct. Like the new directions with Noir, Sage and A-Train.

Minor gripe with how heavy handed the politics is at times but let's face it, this is not meant to be an apolitical series. And the miscommunication and plot lines with Frenchie and Kimiko is probably getting tired. Overall, though, looking forward to how it plays out and if the writers can continue to flesh it out - the smartest vs the strongest, and the political power vs actual power, amongst other narrative choices.

I think itā€™s still good and entertaining but I donā€™t find it a must watch. Iā€™m not dying for the next episode, which is how I felt last season too.

Sage and the octopus are good additions.

The problem I find sometimes is that thereā€™s no-one I really care about. The most likeable are MM and Kamiko. The rest I really couldnā€™t care less about.

Between the

lobotomy scene and Homelander's homecoming generally

that might be the first time I've actively had to hide behind my hands during an episode. Genuinely horrifying.
lol same.... there was lots of me looking at my phone to not see the TV last night and even just grimacing at the noises hahaha

Episode 4 belonged to Homelander. That was some effed-up shit. The other subplots involving Hughie with his dad and Starlight just paled into nothingness compared to what Homelander was doing. When the screen went black just before the parasite in Butcher reacted to Ezekial choking Butcher to death was a bit lame. But I understand they probably wanted to save that reveal for a later episode. But, my God, Homelander is a very bad man.

Remove this Banner Ad

Streaming The Boys (Amazon)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back