Streaming The Boys (Amazon)

Streaming Television

Remove this Banner Ad

The lobotomy scene was very much wtf....
Also Homelander's laughing during the jerking off scene was creepy as ****, Anthony Starr deserves an Emmy for his portrayal of Homelander.
He's done an incredible job in that role – just about the perfect villain. His use of microexpressions in particular is unreal.

Also loved the ending with Barbara in 'the bad room'. You could see that he had welded doors shut with his eyes. Imagine being trapped in that room, surrounded by all of that carnage and knowing there was no way out...

That's messed up.

Almost watched episode 4 as an afterthought tonight after being very underwhelmed with the first 3 eps of Season 4.
But holy ****, is it ever back tonight.
Based on previous years, we are now 1/2 way through the season and with season 5 confirmed as the last, I reckon this season's finale will be a huge cliffhanger

“Get in the oven”. Holy shit.

Between that, the jerking off scene and then the closing shot, unhinged. Genuinely didn’t know what he was going to do, or when he was going to snap.

Masterful acting. I wasn’t quite as drawn into the other things happening this episode, was more so just hanging for it to cut back to that basement lab to see what happens next.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Vibrating Bluetooth anal beads, ****ing hell.

Simon Pegg I’ve always enjoyed in any role, once again he was excellent in this.

The way this series takes the piss out of almost anything is outstanding. The one liners during that comic con style sequence was brilliant. Phases 7 to 18 I recall they said, ****ing gold. Clearly MCU related.

And then Batman/The Tek Night was in their sights. “It’s been almost a year since my last feature film, so that means reboot”. Outstanding :D

Was hoping that bunny would somehow survive, but not to be. That vomiting sheep though, damn that’s an image I could’ve done without. Intrigued by where to the Homelander and Ryan dynamic goes from here.

Horrifying farm animals! Stan Edgar! Relentless MCU/DCEU pisstakes! (Hope we get full versions of some of those trailers.)

Great ep.

So Butcher is clearly hallucinating Kessler, yeah?

• Not interacting with anyone else
  • Prompting him to do particularly despicable stuff (while the Becca visions have him doing heroic things)

Getting big Tyler Durden vibes.

Frenchie & Kimico really seem superfluous to everything this season, especially Frenchie.

The V'd-up animals were hilarious.

Simon Pegg's performance was nothing short of fantastic, adding a layer of brilliance to the episode.

Loved the Comic Con/MCU piss-take.

It was quite a surprise to see Ryan showing he does have some Homelander in him, leaving us intrigued about his character development in future episodes.

Horrifying farm animals! Stan Edgar! Relentless MCU/DCEU pisstakes! (Hope we get full versions of some of those trailers.)

Great ep.

So Butcher is clearly hallucinating Kessler, yeah?

• Not interacting with anyone else
  • Prompting him to do particularly despicable stuff (while the Becca visions have him doing heroic things)

Getting big Tyler Durden vibes.

I think he is hallucinating Kessler, too, like he did Becca. Kessler seemed to know an awful lot about his team when he was running them down because only Butcher really knows them that well. It's like Kessler is a manifestation of Butcher's evil side or it's the parasite inside him communicating to him.

Homelander vs Soldier Boy Annihilation sounds brilliant.

That’s my pick, just pipping Sex Ed and A Dark And Stormy Knight (hopefully features that 12 minute sequence of darkness he referred to).

I’m enjoying the show more now as I just treat it as a skit comedy show.

It’s always been pretty funny and it’s certainly playing it for the laughs, along with some shocks here and there.

You basically just have to put aside the total absurdity of the plot and nonsensical things that happen. None of it matters I guess.

I mean, you can just walk into Homelanders apartment at any time, the plot armour of the cast is insane. I could go on and on.

It is amusing though and it can make me laugh out loud at times.

I am wondering how they are going to pad this out for another 15 episodes though. It feels like this should be the last season.

I’m enjoying the show more now as I just treat it as a skit comedy show.

It’s always been pretty funny and it’s certainly playing it for the laughs, along with some shocks here and there.

You basically just have to put aside the total absurdity of the plot and nonsensical things that happen. None of it matters I guess.

I mean, you can just walk into Homelanders apartment at any time, the plot armour of the cast is insane. I could go on and on.

It is amusing though and it can make me laugh out loud at times.

I am wondering how they are going to pad this out for another 15 episodes though. It feels like this should be the last season.

Yes agreed with this. Particularly that example of just being able to walk into Homelander’s apartment. It’s strange he’s not aware when he return.

He said to Ryan he could smell Butcher on him a few episodes ago, surely he’d know who has been coming in and out of his home. It is what it is with this kind of stuff I guess.

I'm up to Episode 5. It feels like this show is going the way of the Walking Dead; it's stopped focusing on the cool thing (zombies/superheroes) and started focusing on interpersonal drama. Episode 4 was definitely the best so far, so I'm hoping there's a few good episodes to come.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back