Streaming The Boys (Amazon)

Streaming Television

Remove this Banner Ad

Vibrating Bluetooth anal beads, ****ing hell.

Simon Pegg I’ve always enjoyed in any role, once again he was excellent in this.

The way this series takes the piss out of almost anything is outstanding. The one liners during that comic con style sequence was brilliant. Phases 7 to 18 I recall they said, ****ing gold. Clearly MCU related.

And then Batman/The Tek Night was in their sights. “It’s been almost a year since my last feature film, so that means reboot”. Outstanding :D

Was hoping that bunny would somehow survive, but not to be. That vomiting sheep though, damn that’s an image I could’ve done without. Intrigued by where to the Homelander and Ryan dynamic goes from here.

Yes it was blatant but I indeed loved the digs at MCU/DCEU. And the white saviour trope in A-Train's movie - genius getting Will Ferrell cast in that role.

Also want to add that the acting in this is pretty good to excellent. Simon Pegg was good in the latest one but the regulars definitely don't phone it in, so much so that I am quite invested in how most of them end up. Probably the least convincing one is Sister Sage but that may be because she's new, has less screen time so far than Firecracker, and hasn't been developed yet although we are getting hints at her master plan.

Yes it was blatant but I indeed loved the digs at MCU/DCEU. And the white saviour trope in A-Train's movie - genius getting Will Ferrell cast in that role.

Also want to add that the acting in this is pretty good to excellent. Simon Pegg was good in the latest one but the regulars definitely don't phone it in, so much so that I am quite invested in how most of them end up. Probably the least convincing one is Sister Sage but that may be because she's new, has less screen time so far than Firecracker, and hasn't been developed yet although we are getting hints at her master plan.

Yes agree on Sage. She featured more heavily in the opening episodes, a bit less the last episode or two, however am expecting her involvement to significantly increase towards the end of this season. Some interesting dynamics between her and Firecracker and A Train.

The Simon Pegg performance here was outstanding I felt. The way he was oscillating between being genuinely frightened when he was killing people, to the rage he felt for Hughie’s mum, was brilliant.

Not to sound like an incel, but Starlight's actress' head is absolutely munted.

watched the first 3 eps of this season, it's ok but not as good as previous seasons.

What struck me is how much slimmer Mothers Milk is in this season, he's lost his bulk.

I agree with a previous post that this season seems to be focused more on relationships (Frenchie/Colin, Homelander+Billy/Ryan, Hughie/his mum, etc), and less about the action

watched the first 3 eps of this season, it's ok but not as good as previous seasons.

What struck me is how much slimmer Mothers Milk is in this season, he's lost his bulk.

I agree with a previous post that this season seems to be focused more on relationships (Frenchie/Colin, Homelander+Billy/Ryan, Hughie/his mum, etc), and less about the action
I wondered if that's a directive for the character given the stress MM is under this season?

Just saw ep4. Confirmed that S4 is a drop in standard, they're losing me.

I agree with the sentiment in these, what was once a good show, has been ruined

I've found the right winger that thought the show was only anti-woke.

CriticalDrinker? Yeah, that's a good guide to tell me who to ignore.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back