Updated The Bruce Lehrmann Trials Pt2 * Toowoomba Rape Trial

Remove this Banner Ad

Here is PART 1

Historical Rape Allegation Against Fmr AG Christian Porter
The Alexander Matters matters

Just a reminder, this is the crime board and we need to be aware that there will be victims of crime either watching this thread or engaging in here from time to time. A degree of respect in all discussions is expected.

LINK TO TIMELINE
CJS INQUIRY
FINAL REPORT – BOARD OF INQUIRY – CRIMINAL JUSTICE SYSTEM
Joint media statement – Chief Minister and Attorney-General

LINK TO FEDERAL COURT DEFAMATION PROCEEDINGS

Who knows if they even spoke.

But more importantly, who gives a * if they did?
I find it interesting, you are free think think not.

So all innocent and above board?

Just two women having a meal after a conference, one Brittany's boss and the other her guardian angel poison chalice.

Got it!

I find it interesting, you are free think think not.

So all innocent and above board?

Just two women having a meal after a conference, one Brittany's boss and the other her guardian angel poison chalice.

Got it!
What do you think happened?

This little dinner will raise questions that might be of significance in the legal action Reynolds is taking against Higgins and Sharaz.
What relevance is it if a two conservatives go to the same post-function event after going to the same conservative think tank?

Next you'll be telling me that a union member turned up to an event after a Labor think tank! FMD!!

What relevance is it if a two conservatives go to the same post-function event after going to the same conservative think tank?

Next you'll be telling me that a union member turned up to an event after a Labor think tank! FMD!!

In these circumstances, plenty if I don't know EXACTLY what but if I was Higgins and Sharaz' lawyer I'd be finding a way to shake that tree.

Things I'd want to know for example, if Reynolds was in touch with Albrechtsen through the trial how often and what for? Did Reynolds ever get the trial transcripts that she was asking for?

In these circumstances, plenty if I don't know EXACTLY what but if I was Higgins and Sharaz' lawyer I'd be finding a way to shake that tree.
I think Leon Zwier would be providing advice to the effect that a conservative political reporter being at the same political event and post-even dinner / drinks as a conservative politician, wouldn't in isolation have any weight in mediation whatsoever.

Things I'd want to know for example, if Reynolds was in touch with Albrechtsen through the trial how often and what for? Did Reynolds ever get the trial transcripts that she was asking for?
If this goes to trial, and I don't think it will, those who've watched much of the recent proceedings have seen in real time just how brutal these lawyers will be and that it will cut deep both ways.

Hopefully common sense prevails for a change!

If this goes to trial, and I don't think it will, those who've watched much of the recent proceedings have seen in real time just how brutal these lawyers will be and that it will cut deep both ways.

Less likely to go to trial if Higgins's lawyers poke at it by flagging a heap of questions for Reynolds now. I'd do it.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I think Leon Zwier would be providing advice to the effect that a conservative political reporter being at the same political event and post-even dinner / drinks as a conservative politician, wouldn't in isolation have any weight in mediation whatsoever.

Albrechtsen is being held responsible for infecting a public inquiry that cost the public millions of dollars and brought a formerly well respected KC Walter Sofronoff's reputation in to question.

Why is Reynolds having dinner with that woman Albrechtsen?

Albrechtsen is being held responsible for infecting a public inquiry that cost the public millions of dollars and brought a formerly well respected KC Walter Sofronoff's reputation in to question.

I don't know why the ACT felt need to launch the inquiry in the first place! Just because they lost an extraordinarily unique and politically charged trial that they thought the should have won?

Why is Reynolds having dinner with that woman Albrechtsen?
Because it was an after event event and they and other conservatives were in Freo and hungry?

Because it was an after event event and they and other conservatives were in Freo and hungry?

We'd be right to accuse Reynolds of an appalling lack of judgement but maybe she's a good friend of Albrechtsen's, she doesn't care who knows it now and therefore, not so concerned about her reputation after all.

We'd be right to accuse Reynolds of an appalling lack of judgement but maybe she's a good friend of Albrechtsen's, she doesn't care who knows it now and therefore, not so concerned about her reputation after all.

Irrelevant at the end of the day as those getting their knickers in a knot about this would hate (and hate is the right word) Reynolds and Albrechtson anyway.

The misogyny from the left towards any female who dares deviate from ‘approved’ thought is very disturbing.

Seriously, people getting upset about who has dinner with who. What country do we live in?

People need to grow up. Surely more important things in the world.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

Irrelevant at the end of the day as those getting their knickers in a knot about this would hate (and hate is the right word) Reynolds and Albrechtson anyway.

The misogyny from the left towards any female who dares deviate from ‘approved’ thought is very disturbing.

That's your perception.

Seriously, people getting upset about who has dinner with who. What country do we live in?

Curious is more apt from where I sit.

People need to grow up. Surely more important things in the world

Yet here you are. :winkv1:

People need to grow up. Surely more important things in the world.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com
Misogyny? You seem to be the 'pot who is calling the kettle black'.
According to you anyone who does not support LR is a misogynist, yet you are not supporting BH (also a female).... so should we be calling you a misogynist?

Media Watch tonight.

If you're to do a Media Watch on Media Watch, they've slammed The Australian multiple weeks running and managed to slip Mark Llewellyn's name and Spotlight in there too.

No doubt The Australian and (especially!) Spotlight have deserved a whack., but here, they've dedicated just 1.40 minutes out of 6.19 minutes to Justice Lee calling out Network 10's lawyer (Quill's) continual claims that they are "vindicated" in their shoddily managed story. Lee has even requested a transcript on it and may well tear the various statements by Quill in the costs hearing.

It's interesting that the only media outlets that have mentioned the above about Quill and Lee, outside of Media Watch themselves, have been perceived as right wing media by punted in here. Right wing biased media cops an unfair whack in my view, as the do unearth issues that the other side doesn't (and vice versa). Best to read a mix of views IMHO.

For mine, Media Watch is being too partisan in this matter and the real issues worth bringing up from a media perspective, is the testimony and practices of Angus Llewellyn. Would need a half an hour episode to discuss the shonky practices and political weaponisation (Justice Lee's term) of The Project report.

Plus Lee towards the end of the trial repeatedly brought up the MEAA Journalist Code of Ethics and turns out that 10's employees were a non-subscriber to any ethical code whatsoever! How doesn't journalism, at least the mainstream variety, not have a centralised body for simple things like basic agreed ethics?

Media Watch has let itself down a bit here unfortunately.

Media Watch tonight.

Thanks Kurve. Have posted in the other thread on the Lehrmann rape case(s) in the politics thread.

Earlier in the night, Australian Story ran a story on the sustained sexual abuse of high-school girl Anna Coutts-Trotter (Tanya Plibersek's daughter) at the hands of her boyfriend and how the adversarial nature of our criminal court system damages those (mostly young women) who dare to report their abuse, often irreparably.

Was a good lead-in to Paul Barry's piece on the despicable actions and hypocrisy of The Australian and Albrechtsen during the Lehrmann rape trial and subsequent.

Last edited:
If you're to do a Media Watch on Media Watch, they've slammed The Australian multiple weeks running and managed to slip Mark Llewellyn's name and Spotlight in there too.

No doubt The Australian and (especially!) Spotlight have deserved a whack., but here, they've dedicated just 1.40 minutes out of 6.19 minutes to Justice Lee calling out Network 10's lawyer (Quill's) continual claims that they are "vindicated" in their shoddily managed story. Lee has even requested a transcript on it and may well tear the various statements by Quill in the costs hearing.

It's interesting that the only media outlets that have mentioned the above about Quill and Lee, outside of Media Watch themselves, have been perceived as right wing media by punted in here. Right wing biased media cops an unfair whack in my view, as the do unearth issues that the other side doesn't (and vice versa). Best to read a mix of views IMHO.

For mine, Media Watch is being too partisan in this matter and the real issues worth bringing up from a media perspective, is the testimony and practices of Angus Llewellyn. Would need a half an hour episode to discuss the shonky practices and political weaponisation (Justice Lee's term) of The Project report.

Plus Lee towards the end of the trial repeatedly brought up the MEAA Journalist Code of Ethics and turns out that 10's employees were a non-subscriber to any ethical code whatsoever! How doesn't journalism, at least the mainstream variety, not have a centralised body for simple things like basic agreed ethics?

Media Watch has let itself down a bit here unfortunately.
When you consider Laura Tingle who was directly involved in this whole omnishambles and is now on the board of the ABC, then its no wonder that her ABC is desperate to play the 'look over here' card.
Did Media Watch mention her involvement by any chance or even post a disclaimer?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back