The Carlton list. Who would you take?

Remove this Banner Ad

No really, your list sucks balls. Tanking culture has r*ped the club and a mediocre pea heart culture has spread through the place like a cancer. No amount of Micky malthouse will cure it.

Personally I reckon Carlton has a very strong list talent-wise; their inability to live up to their collective potential reminds me a bit of Geelong circa 2006.
It's no doubt been a frustrating period for Carlton fans, perhaps given them a bit of time to reflect upon their clubs past off-field indiscretions.

Anyway, I still rate Kruezer highly, an exceptional talent who has suffered through injury and hasn't been able to get any continuity into his game throughout his career.

Murphy, Tuhoy, Walker, Menzel, Judd, Jamison

lets be serious here, Carltons issue is not talented individuals The list is good if you evaluate them talent-wise, Judd/Murphy/Walker are elite players, It's just that they realllly fall down around the top 10-22 players. They are flying when Murphy/Judd/Walker are all off the chain and Henderson/Waite are providing a target.

They carry some unbelievably soft passengers however. Mitch Robinson is inconsistant as anything, Brock Mclean battles, Gibbs/Kurezer are what i would consider are at crossroads where they were absolute talent but have never pulled in at least half a season of consistant footy. Which Sums up carlton in the past few years. If malthouse could not bring them to play consistant footy he;'s going to take an axe to the list and put them back another few years, Which honestly they need

would not touch any of their pea hearted players , but would just love some of their crafty and witty pre season slogans , you know the ones , like , smell the stench that we're cooking , they always seem to be on the money with their meaning!

Thought Henderson would be getting more love

This is a typical reaction thread. Make this same thread after a good win and the amount of players people want would double at least

Murphy would increase the stocks and depth of every midfield in the comp so the idea that someone wouldn't want him is ridiculous. If it comes down to what you're willing to trade, then we can have this same argument about any team

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Honest supporters know the truth and you are spot on, our captain is a chicken heart! He's a scared player,went into the heat of the kitchen twice in the past two seasons and got sorted both times by real leaders with heart and balls Dangerfield and Hodge

FWIW you can't knock a bloke for putting his body on the line and coming off second best. I'd like to see you go head-to-head for a ground ball agains those blokes.

But yes he is playing like a frustrated pea heart.

Hampson or Warnock and Yarran would be the best of the likely trades but you won't get much for them tbh.

Would take Henderson in a heartbeat but Carlton wouldn't let him go.
Kreuzer would also be nice but again it would be impossible, while the Lycett looks a goer and has very similar attributes.

Apart from them, Gibbs, Garlett and Yarran would be nice (in that order).
I can see the Eagles getting Yarran at the end of next year when his contract expires, and maybe also picking up Lucas if he gets delisted.

Remove this Banner Ad

The Carlton list. Who would you take?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back