Opinion The 'Carlton related stuff that doesn't need it's own thread' thread Part 2

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
looks like we have em right where we want em.......
Ffs.
Sad Grigor Dimitrov GIF by Tennis TV
Frank Capra 30S GIF by Turner Classic Movies
Disappointed Ice Hockey GIF by NHL

Charlie with suspect knee fragile enough to require scans after a praccy game
Harry with what is probably turf toe again
Walsh out
Jones gone
New Coach and game plan

V
Established team with D.Martin back in.
Balta and Martin in helps.

Here's the thing, though. They're not playing the gameplan that got them to three flags in 4 years. They went from not giving a flying **** about clearance numbers for 3 terms and setting up around the stoppages and behind the ball to grind your midfield to exhaustion whilst feasting on your turnovers to actively trying to do both and being absolutely rooted by the third term.

They could go back to what they were doing I suppose, but Caracella was the mastermind behind it and he's not there anymore. The specific innovations of 2017 were that defensive setup coupled with ball movement that fed into each other. Dusty's a year older, Lynch is a year older, Riewoldt's a year older; Edwards, Grimes, Cotchin, Lambert, Prestia are all over 29.

I don't think we'll win, mind. But there are reasons to think we might.

Reserved tickets for Round 1 are released at 2pm today. How big will the scramble be to get these, do you think?
I'm going to upgrade my GA to reserved.

So whats the go with upgrading my ticket to member reserve today? I'm from SA, and a member, and im flying over for the game but wanted to sit with a friend from Melbourne who is not a member. Would my best bet be to just buy two GA tickets and go that way, or is there still a way that will come up where i can buy two tickets as a member next to each other, in a somewhat carlton exclusive zone? Went to a game last year at Marvel and bought 4 tix that were behind the goals area with carlton cheer squad, will that sorta be available again when tickets go on sale for R1?

So whats the go with upgrading my ticket to member reserve today? I'm from SA, and a member, and im flying over for the game but wanted to sit with a friend from Melbourne who is not a member. Would my best bet be to just buy two GA tickets and go that way, or is there still a way that will come up where i can buy two tickets as a member next to each other, in a somewhat carlton exclusive zone? Went to a game last year at Marvel and bought 4 tix that were behind the goals area with carlton cheer squad, will that sorta be available again when tickets go on sale for R1?

Club Members & Public Reserve

There are 2 options:-

Ticket and Pricing Info

OR

Entering your Barcode

Best option is entering your Barcode.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I noticed that we have a supercoach comp going for this board, but AFL Fantasy is more of my sort of thing. Would anyone be interesting in joining a league if I created one?

I noticed that we have a supercoach comp going for this board, but AFL Fantasy is more of my sort of thing. Would anyone be interesting in joining a league if I created one?
If it's fantasy classic I'd be keen

For me it says a lot about our last 5 years -- here is a guy ( very very good player) openly stating what his problems physically were and we tried to play his as a pressure forward to keep him around for good will .. the club put him in that position which is sad really ..

Debateable. Sure his tackling was subpar and as we now know, (and many suspected at the time ) his shoulders were F'ed. But to boil Murphs contributions down to his ability as a pressure forward, is to ignore his absolute class. Some of the things he was able to do, were not the domain of a mere pressure forward. Sure he was on a downward trajectory as many great afl players have gone before him, but were there any other players in the 2's bashing the door down?

the 30 tonne lid has been floating around the stratosphere for weeks........get belted on thursday and it shall return to earth........probably on vossy's place

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back