Play Nice The CAS Appeal thread - update: appeal fails (11/10/16)

Remove this Banner Ad

No doubt banned substances were injected so 1 year ban and number 1 draft pick in draft and PSD. So now the AFL will deliberate on whether they will strip the medal and then do it and sell that as some kind of end point to this? While the drug cheats have refreshed their players after boosting their body mass with drugs and refreshed their list with the pick of the young crop. How the **** does that say drugs doesn't get you ahead ?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

The vibe?
He is a good bloke?
He's been penalised enough?
The AFL tribunal found him not guilty.
Was not his fault

Oh wait did you mean not one rational argument?

Nah, this SAGA and rational do not compute.

Good bloke is taken
Going on a paid holiday to become a Barista is not really my definition of a penalty.
AFL tribunal decision is a bit outdated
Was not his fault is not really that original.

He should blame his dad as as he initiated the Hird get and Hird/Thompson partnership

Nah, this SAGA and rational do not compute.

Good bloke is taken
Going on a paid holiday to become a Barista is not really my definition of a penalty.
AFL tribunal decision is a bit outdated
Was not his fault is not really that original.

He should blame his dad as as he initiated the Hird get and Hird/Thompson partnership
the line that amuses me here is the one about the suspensions not being much of a penalty because the players went to Europe/became a barista in NYC.

Last I checked, WADA don't dictate what you do with your free time if you're suspended, so long as it's not actively associated with your club and the sport generally. Professional footballers have a lot of money generally and guess what, if they're told they can't play for a year, they will probably go on a holiday at some point. That's just a reality.

What would you rather, that they serve the year off in a dark dungeon?

It's a completely facile gripe.

the line that amuses me here is the one about the suspensions not being much of a penalty because the players went to Europe/became a barista in NYC.

Last I checked, WADA don't dictate what you do with your free time if you're suspended, so long as it's not actively associated with your club and the sport generally. Professional footballers have a lot of money generally and guess what, if they're told they can't play for a year, they will probably go on a holiday at some point. That's just a reality.

What would you rather, that they serve the year off in a dark dungeon?

It's a completely facile gripe.

Nah. I would prefer they not be able to be paid for services that are not actually rendered though

So Dustin Fletcher's game record is also called into doubt now. In fact all players involved should have their games played records amended. (Father/Son rule - sins of the father flow on effect).
The Brownlow is for the Fairest and Best player each season - that was not Jobe.

The AFL should now take this as their chance to clean up the mess they have left lying around for 4 years.
The exxendon club have been severely penalised for governance reasons but have not paid their dues for the actual club player wide systemic injection program. This now needs to be ruled on.

Nah. I would prefer they not be able to be paid for services that are not actually rendered though
You're not silly. You know very well that if Essendon didn't pay the players in the year off, they'd be accused of abandoning them and so on.

And that criticism wouldn't be without foundation either; ultimately it's the club's fault far more than anyone else that the players have found themselves in this position.

So paying them is absolutely the right call.

Damned if you do and damned if you don't I guess.

Remove this Banner Ad

Play Nice The CAS Appeal thread - update: appeal fails (11/10/16)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back