The Cats Link

Remove this Banner Ad

Out of interest, is there any club that hasn't/doesn't use Actovegin?
Essendon didn't up until Dank, and probably don't since he has gone. It was a major part of the Doc Reid letter that we received criticism over - he was against Actovegin and AOD9604.

Also, the Hawthorn spin your own blood might've taken over from actovegin - according to doc reid's letter its more effective.

When it comes to Actovegin, this has been used around the world for many years. There is some flimsy evidence that it may help in speeding up the healing of tendons when they are damaged, though after speaking to radiologists, the recent opinion is that platelets and one’s own blood, probably does a better job.

We are claiming that we should use it as a recovery agent. To me it seems ludicrous that a few mls of calf’s blood spun down, is going to give you a concentration of growth factors and other factors that would speed up recovery.

Dank gave AOD to Jack Trengove.

Also multiple banned substances to Nathan Bock, which for reason has just disappeared as an issue.
The reason given is Bock couldn't prove he was guilty. Thats right, because he can't possibly know what was in the syringe they let him off. Think it was mentioned when the Dank verdict came out.

"Sure in your mind it was CJC1295, a banned substance, but it could've been anything you were injecting."

There are numerous instances that mention Actovegin as a masking agent, it's use as an enhancer for prohibited substances and it's use along side of prohibited substances, it was also once thought as a replacement for EPO and was banned by WADA at some stage.
I'm sure you can google it yourself.
Must admit your transformation from the usually witty and funny poster into a ball of anger as soon as your beloved club is questioned is rather hilarious :)
Seriously I've googled it and haven't found anything when it comes to masking agent - given it's composition and purported function I can why it's under a bit of a question mark and how it's analogous to EPO but not the masking agent link. So from a scientific perspective I have a genie intellectual curiosity around it.

Yeah - I'm pissed at the cheapest of shots from the HUN is all :( It was the second article - just lazy. Hird should take her problems up with Bomber at Das Sex Klub Kink not in the media. I think Ryan Gamble and Henry Playfair are evidence enough that if we were on the gear it doesn't work.

Last edited:
I fail to see the logic in efc fans getting excited over Geelong supposedly being involved in a systematic drug program of prohibited substances. If Geelong is supposedly 'guilty' (read: non existent) on flimsy evidence at best then what the hell does that make Essendon? *facepalm*

Idiocy at its finest. *smfh* Or is it simply just a case of if 'I'm going down I'm taking everybody with me'?
Seriously I've googled it and haven't found anything when it comes to masking agent - given it's composition and purported function I can why it's under a bit of a question mark and how it's analogous to EPO but not the masking agent link. So from a scientific perspective I have a genie intellectual curiosity around it.

Yeah - I'm pissed at the cheapest of shots from the HUN is all :( It was the second article that's just lazy. Hird should take her problems up with Bomber at Das Sex Klub not in the media. I think Ryan Gamble and Henry Playfair are evidence that if we were on the gear it doesn't work.

Lustig :D

why - far as I know Cats are only flag winners with a Dank connection aren't they?
Wow that Dank connection is rather tenuous I might add.

He never even worked for the club. We have nothing to hide and we have nothing to admit guilt over. We are clean.

I think a tinder analogy here is apt.

image.jpg

We swiped left:
Dons swiped right:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

They are indeed - they purchased a legal drug of a company Dank was associated with in 2009. Both AFL and ASADA were aware of this when they investigated Geelong and cleared the club of any wrongdoing. So what's your point?
the suggestion was that ALL clubs needed asterix who won GF? whats the reasom for the others?

Then continue to read the sensationally mis-leading Herald Sun: "By giving us the opinions of the uneducated, journalism keeps us in touch with the ignorance of the community." Football fans don't want to hear the truth, they want to believe the scandal. Geelong were investigated by the AFL and ASADA after the Essendon revelations back in 2013 and a link to Stephen Dank. Geelong stetment : " In the ensuing months we were investigated by the AFL and ASADA and we handed over ALL documentation regarding our fitness and medical dealings during that period. We were able to supply authorities with full and thorough record keeping of our practices." This is something Essendon have NOT been able to do, Geelong have done nothing wrong, but i suppose you will never convince the average tiny mind of your average football fan?
My post was not a reflection of my views on Geelong. I don't really have any. My post was a reflection of my view of the AFL.

The reason given is Bock couldn't prove he was guilty. Thats right, because he can't possibly know what was in the syringe they let him off. Think it was mentioned when the Dank verdict came out.

"Sure in your mind it was CJC1295, a banned substance, but it could've been anything you were injecting."

Phew, glad we cleared that up. Play on.

You guys are just realising now that mainstream media is shit?

I thought the HTB loved these reputable news sources.
We do like the reputable news source The Age for example is a great read with quality journos. The HUN really started to go down hill once the sponsorship of EFC took place though and as such lost its ability to be classed as a quality reputable paper

Are you seriously deriding this given that was the main reason Mr Jones dismissed the case against the EFC34?

MaddAdam could you foresee any of this being disclosed and happening? Who would be willing to hurt the AFL asset and brand to put James up on the cross? Who could wrest the truth from Charters (I used the "s" for plurals charter), and who could waste the money on buying Charters? Prolly looking at 7 figures plus legal costs covered for Charters. keep on using that plural.

The colourful Essendon coterie member paid off Charters, we know that. Then Mick Gatto made sure he understood. Plata y plomo.

Remove this Banner Ad

The Cats Link

Remove this Banner Ad

Back