The Channel 9 Commentators

Remove this Banner Ad

Lane, Quatermain and Walls are absolute shockers, the K-Rock team comes a close second.

McGuire and Commetti are the best commentating duo with Walls, Lyon and Dermie the worst special comments ever. Cant really think of any good special comments people right now but there certainly aint any on tv now. Sam is Ok and can be entertaining at times

Radio people can forget about the game and not seeing it the ball goes from one end of the ground to the other and you dont know how as they stop commentating and start chatting atleast on TV you can see whats happening

Rors said:
Why does Channel 10 have coverage of the Grand Final?

Is it due to contract rights of Saturday games?

Worst and most biased commentator in the game is Dwaye Russell, cant stand him!!!
I find his voice the most annoying with Dwayne Russell.

Luke Logan said:
Agreed. Very ordianry Coverage. Certainly this has to go into consideration when the next TV rights deal needs to be made. If nine dont Have Denis Cometti and Dwayne Russel calling the game, dont bother watching. Why would you want to listen to their lower-class callers babble Crap. Namely MaGuire, Brayshaw and Taylor. Big Difference between their footy coverage compared to their Cricket coverage!
Dwayne Russell is the biggest ********kn0b there is.. did anyone hear him on the radio questioning terry wallace.. what a w@nker..

HurricaneHazza said:
Dwayne Russell is the biggest ********kn0b there is.. did anyone hear him on the radio questioning terry wallace.. what a w@nker..
No, I didn't hear him on the radio, but judging by the amount of attention he pays to a game of football each week, I could only imagine.

Easy solution. Watch the game with no sound and then listen to the radio commentary, depending on who is calling it.

HurricaneHazza said:

Didn't hear him on the radio, but you are correct - he is a w@nker

Hooper said:
sam NEWMAN really only does this at atrocious matches and if your watching the footy at the same time its good because it makes it interesting as you are bored with the footy so you at least have something interesting to listen to
dont agree has spent many a game getting stuck into dunstall for the sake of getting him cut about being ceo.

while the game has actually been quite good.

bring back rex to tv

I finally agree Eddie should call Collingwood games, when the pies are getting flogged Eddie finally aquiesces to the wishes of the broader football community and shuts up.

when the blues got in front on friday night the tv idol didn't say a word for ten minutes gold- another unbiased call

gofaz18 said:
Brayshaw is a sensational commentator Dwayne Russell is a shocker
In the words of John McEnroe, you cannot be serious!!!
James Brayshaw would be the most arrogant, self absorbed w..nker on the planet. James is interested in telling you about James and how many people know and love James and who James thinks is important. He has no inside knowledge of football as his only claim to fame was as a very average Sheffield Shield cricketer. The only way to shut him up is to put a mirror in front of him.

I used to like Dennis Commetti, until Eddie started urging him to become bigger than the game by toying with the commentary for stupid dares and the like. He was great on C7, but Nein has really stuffed him.

Tim Lane is OK if a little boring, but I say bring back Bruce, bring back Sandy and thank God that Drew Morphett has been banished. Gary Lyon is another I'd be happy to have more of.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

the guys writing the contract screwed up and gave 10 the finals. thats why they get all of them.

eddie has to go, brayshaw has failed to add anything to his calling after a great 2003 and has been jaded, BT started poorly with his personal issues with craig hutchison and *OWNED* status from gary lyon but has come into his own.

quarters is up and down on a weekly basis, dunstall has been great, newman has been good, walls as always an idiot, time lane stock standard.

russell & cometti have been reasonable but calling together there isn't enough of a contrast.

eddie has barracked in a number of games this year and also wrecked a number of passages of play with unexcited commentary.

Bombers_Forever said:
Easy solution. Watch the game with no sound and then listen to the radio commentary, depending on who is calling it.

I tried that earlier in the year. It's like watching a badly dubbed movie. The sound comes a couple of secs before the vision.

I can usually blank out cr@p commentary but I'm sick of the idiot directors who call for all the close-ups of players pimples with the result that you can't see wtf is happening. I was thinking that camera work has got worse over time. I think the problem is that they've got so many toys to play with - better close-ups, cameras on cables, mikes on the umps - just because you have it doesn't mean you have to use it. I take binoculars to teh game, but I only use them when I'm sure that the ball isn't going to move quickly.

Dermott is the worst of the lot.
He makes his living by looking further up the field, and trying to pick the next player the ball will go to. When he gets it right, he's a genius (in his own mind).
But I've actually heard him call it wrong a few times and he just makes a tool out of himself. :rolleyes:

R21 Richmond -v- Hawthorn

BT and Eddie were giving Gale a serve about having to boundary ride in the the pooring rain. Eddie made the observation (about 10 times) that the rain was falling dead straight because there was no wind, as such all the rain from the clouds above would fall onto the ground. The following (or something very similar) was said...

Eddie [to Gale]: You'll just have to wait til those clouds run out of rain.
BT [to Eddie]: Do clouds actually run out of rain?

I think that speaks for itself.

Qsaint said:
You support collingwood and like all sheep, when eddie tells you he's the best you believe him. He is the worst caller ever :eek:

:mad: Oh come on! I'm a passionate Collingwood supporter and even I know Eddy Mcguire is a terrible commentator! I mean did you see him before the game on friday night? all professional and charm and then after the game on friday night? Big sulky baby almost in tears cos they lost.... he should just give it up and stop trying to control everything that goes on in football! Its shocking to think he actually gets paid to sit there acting like that! :eek:

Remove this Banner Ad

The Channel 9 Commentators

Remove this Banner Ad

Back