Analysis The Coach – Simon Goodwin: "Working incredibly hard" until at least 2026

Remove this Banner Ad

I wonder if Goody watches other teams?

Maybe he should watch how GWS play. I'm too stupid to describe the game plan but by crikey it's effective and exciting. Opposite of ours.
Best way to describe it is they attack with the same effort that we defend.

I wonder if Goody watches other teams?

Maybe he should watch how GWS play. I'm too stupid to describe the game plan but by crikey it's effective and exciting. Opposite of ours.
Its Jennings ball, we had it and Goody didnt want it.

Screen Shot 2024-04-25 at 10.02.12 pm.png

Its Jennings ball, we had it and Goody didnt want it.

View attachment 1970913
It's actually disgusting that we let him go and got the spud Stafford instead, simply because Goody didn't want to collaborate and listen. He wanted a yes man.

Maybe we would have had a dynasty with this guy coaching the forwards.

Goody and his ego. :(
Yep, they clashed too much, Jennings is an offensive genius, there is no doubt about it. He was scapegoated after 2019 but that had far more to do with the fitness staff imo. Give him a fit list to execute what he wants to do and Jennings makes magic happen.

It's actually disgusting that we let him go and got the spud Stafford instead, simply because Goody didn't want to collaborate and listen. He wanted a yes man.

Maybe we would have had a dynasty with this guy coaching the forwards.
Differed roles, Stafford doesnt oversee the offensive gameplan as far as im aware.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Fair enough. Who does then?
Jennings oversaw the entire operation , that's where they clashed. We don't do that anymore. Just have line coaches as far as I'm aware.

Yeah McQualter is the assistant coach, he'd be more responsible than Stafford but I don't think he has anywhere the power that Jennings did. Same with Yze.

Jennings had some fancy title with us about game plan and strategist. That no longer exists.

Yeah McQualter is the assistant coach, he'd be more responsible than Stafford but I don't think he has anywhere the power that Jennings did. Same with Yze.

Jennings had some fancy title with us about game plan and strategist. That no longer exists.
Can't remember if we said it or if it was said in the media but supposedly mcqualter was the 'key' behind Richmond's ball movement and he'd be brought in to help ours.

I think the line coaching things kinda stupid, the head coach makes the plan the assistants just set up cones for campaigners to run around. There's no way Goody has his plan and then Stafford grabs the forwards and makes his own plan.

Can't remember if we said it or if it was said in the media but supposedly mcqualter was the 'key' behind Richmond's ball movement and he'd be brought in to help ours.

I think the line coaching things kinda stupid, the head coach makes the plan the assistants just set up cones for campaigners to run around. There's no way Goody has his plan and then Stafford grabs the forwards and makes his own plan.
It'd be collaborative you'd think. Goody would have the final say but delegate to the assistants.

Also I've heard that we give the senior assistants quite a bit of power, they're running the box with Goody being on the bench. Hard to know exactly what that means though.

Last edited:
It's be collaborative you'd think. Goody would have the final say but delegate to the assistants.

Also I've heard that we give the senior assistants quite a bit of power, they're running the box with Goody being on the bench. Hard to know exactly what that means though.
Yeah makes sense. Fagan I know does nothing around game plan he's just a head coach. Goody could be similar it's just why I find blaming coaches or assistants really difficult

Remove this Banner Ad

Back