The Cold

Remove this Banner Ad

Ice on the windscreen this morn of course, sat in the car for a few mins to defrost etc before the gym, using the windscreen wiper water to help get the ice off.

Windscreen iced up again when leaving the gym, wiper reservoir ran out of water! So I had to wind the window down and squirt my water bottle onto the windscreen to get it off, that was very annoying.

Ice on the windscreen this morn of course, sat in the car for a few mins to defrost etc before the gym, using the windscreen wiper water to help get the ice off.

Windscreen iced up again when leaving the gym, wiper reservoir ran out of water! So I had to wind the window down and squirt my water bottle onto the windscreen to get it off, that was very annoying.
I found the ice was thick enough I couldn't get that layer of water to loosen the ice for a couple of mins.

Last edited:
It is cold for sure. Not enough to make snowmen in the suburbs like in the northern US/Canada or European countries close to the North Pole.

No pun intended, but wouldn't it be cool to have that in say Bentleigh, Kew, Doncaster etc..

(Log in to remove this ad.)

So, how was your golf today?

The frost date not settle on ye fairways and play commenced without hindrance. A beautiful crisp winters day with loads of vitamin D absorbed.

It was cold

It is cold for sure. Not enough to make snowmen in the suburbs like in the northern US/Canada or European countries close to the North Pole.

No pun intended, but wouldn't it be cool to have that in say Bentleigh, Kew, Doncaster etc..

Northerners of house stark and men of the nights watch laugh at us

Keep a bottle of water on the bench next to your keys, pour that on the windscreen ice before you get in the car. It'll generally loosen it up enough to shift with the wipers pretty much straight away. It's what I used to do when leaving for work at 6:30am when I lived in Mt Gambier. Then heater on full whack with the air conditioner going to warm the car up without fogging the windscreen and you're away in seconds rather than minutes.

Keep a bottle of water on the bench next to your keys, pour that on the windscreen ice before you get in the car. It'll generally loosen it up enough to shift with the wipers pretty much straight away. It's what I used to do when leaving for work at 6:30am when I lived in Mt Gambier. Then heater on full whack with the air conditioner going to warm the car up without fogging the windscreen and you're away in seconds rather than minutes.

Yeah I usually hose the screen down or use the watering can before I get in the car, it does save a bit of time.

nothing like a pot of hot water to melt the ice
Trying Not To Laugh GIF

Then heater on full whack with the air conditioner going to warm the car up without fogging the windscreen and you're away in seconds rather than minutes.

I do that and the cars fogs up even more.

Only cold from the aircon will clear up my windows.

I do that and the cars fogs up even more.

Only cold from the aircon will clear up my windows.
First thing when the engine is cold, cold air blows out regardless for a couple of minutes. As the car warms up and warmer air blows out things seem to find a balance pretty quickly as the glass heats up since the heater does the heating and the a/c removes the moisture from the air.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back