The Cold

Remove this Banner Ad

It was 2C when I went to bed after midnight. In contrast it was 49C in Las Vegas today - an all time high. I'll take the 2C.

On SM-A135F using BigFooty.com mobile app

My brother is flying up to Vegas from Phoenix today to say goodbye to an Aussie poker player he met a few years ago. The guy is flying back home to Perf on Thursday. Good thing he's not flying to Melbourne. Imagine 48C one day and 10C the next.

One Christmas back in the 80s I flew out of Melbourne when it was about 35. My plane stopped in Minneapolis where it was -22. I was sitting near the front and when they opened the door, I thought I would freeze to death.

Something similar happened in Feb 1997 when I flew back for my parents' 50th anniversary. It was about 40 when I left and about -15 when I got into Chicago. On the way back my plane was stuck in Chicago due to a snowstorm and I missed my connection at LAX for my trip to Melbourne. I had to leave a day later from LAX. I missed a day of school, but it was only a swimming carnival. I wasn't even missed until everyone got to Greensborough pool and no Mr Chicago1. That hurt.

One Christmas back in the 80s I flew out of Melbourne when it was about 35. My plane stopped in Minneapolis where it was -22. I was sitting near the front and when they opened the door, I thought I would freeze to death.

Something similar happened in Feb 1997 when I flew back for my parents' 50th anniversary. It was about 40 when I left and about -15 when I got into Chicago. On the way back my plane was stuck in Chicago due to a snowstorm and I missed my connection at LAX for my trip to Melbourne. I had to leave a day later from LAX. I missed a day of school, but it was only a swimming carnival. I wasn't even missed until everyone got to Greensborough pool and no Mr Chicago1. That hurt.

My mum's from St John New Brunswick originally, she said she felt properly Australian when she complained about cold winters here.

My brother is flying up to Vegas from Phoenix today to say goodbye to an Aussie poker player he met a few years ago. The guy is flying back home to Perf on Thursday. Good thing he's not flying to Melbourne. Imagine 48C one day and 10C the next.

I did -40 to +40 once. Couldn't stay outside for long.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back