Movie The Dark Knight Rises

Remove this Banner Ad

Huge fan of the first two - TDKR disappointed me.

Tried to do too much, was super fast paced/rushed, epic fight scenes seemed too choreographed, the "bat" was gay and the end reminded me too much of Inception. Bane's voice was terrible - what you see and what you hear doesn't really match up (you can tell they altered his voice compared to older previews of the movie) - his voice needed a raw edge to it (something like Batman's voice would have suited him perfectly).

I thought the Catwoman was really good addition and was one of the few good parts of the movie.

I won't bothered watching it again until it comes out on DVD.

Just got back - thought it was easily the best of the trilogy.

I always thought TDK was a little overrated (except for Ledger's Joker) but this one delivers.

One thing that bothered me a little at times did others have trouble understanding bane?

Yeah occasionally, only a sentence every now and then though. Weird because in his first scene he was really easy to understand, then it suddenly switched back to be more like the trailers.

The only other downer was the theatre had the volume up so loud it was painful for the first couple of scenes until my ears adjusted (or I went deaf).

Epic. Best movie of the year hands down and the best of the trilogy.

Bane was played amazingly. Wasn't a fan of his voice at the start, but by the end it was sending chills down my spine.

I really dont know how I can describe this amazing movie, they just nailed it. Lived up to all expectations.

Edit: Removed part of post

Robin can suck my balls. Stupid bringing him in to it. Saying that though I did like how they did it. Very well kept secret too, did anyone know? (other than working it out during the movie)

I'm kind of leaning this way as well but also feeling it will be better with a second viewing
Possibly.

I'll be honest and say I didn't like TDK THAT much apart from Ledger's performance, so probably more offering an opinion of someone who has no real disposition towards loving the movie (Never loved Batman much as a kid etc)

yes those death threats were ridiculous

just lumbered out of bed, think im getting too old for these midnight premieres. loved it, just fantastic as many have said. the word epic only scratches the surface. backing it up at the 3.15pm imax session this afternoon

so much to talk about, but now isnt the time. hope everyone enjoys it over the next few days, nolan = genius :thumbsu:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I love this batman trilogy. Best superhero films by a country mile.

not as good as the second film as that just revolutionised batman. But still ****ing awesome.

Bane was hard to understand at times, but he still was scary as ****!

Still working out spoiler tags! :p

I nearly cried at that line; so glad to see the character get some screen time.
Who ya talking about?

[ spoiler ] text [ /spoiler ] (no spaces)

^^^

I'm talking about...

Crane/Scarecrow in the 'judgement' scenes...Death by Exile...epic!
Lost my shit at that line. Was great to see him in it.

Overall I give a 7/10

Epic film, and story-wise a very nice way to end the saga. But the pacing (for a nearly 3-hour movie, there seems an awful rush), and unnecessary number of characters, stops it short of it's predecessors' (Batman Begins is criminally underrated in TDK's shadow) brilliance.

Robin can suck my balls. Stupid bringing him in to it. Saying that though I did like how they did it. Very well kept secret too, did anyone know? (other than working it out during the movie)

It would have been pretty gay if he'd actually become Robin during the movie, since he's a pretty camp character to try fit into Nolan's world, but as an open-ended ending to hint at Batman's legacy living on I quite liked it.

Remove this Banner Ad

Movie The Dark Knight Rises

Remove this Banner Ad

Back