The downfall of Fox Footy.

Remove this Banner Ad

Richo is living proof that as long as you were good at footy you'll always have a job, despite having a single digit IQ.

I actually like Lloyd. Good analyst, doesn't go over the top with criticism and is relatively unbiased.
Lloyd is one of the few on here with no active thread. Fair evidence that he’s not shit at his job or annoying.

FoxFooty has gone down the 'if it's an opinion or a stat, let's have a sponsor' route.

Kath's hair is out of control, that piece of irrelevant crud is proudly brought to you by Dove.

Just caught up with OTC and loved Garry's victorious walk & talk to the Window and back

Happy The Best GIF by Tennis TV

it's come back and it's double glazed!

If Garry moves to 360 then who can replace him on On The Couch?

I can’t think of many people at Fox who fit the role of being both a host and past player. Perhaps they’ll need to look externally.

If Garry moves to 360 then who can replace him on On The Couch?

I can’t think of many people at Fox who fit the role of being both a host and past player. Perhaps they’ll need to look externally.

It might be better if it’s not an ex-player and the show went back to being more a mix of covering on field and off field issues like Talking Footy was in its early years with combinations of Bruce McAvaney, Mike Sheahan, Malcolm Blight, Robert Walls, Leigh Matthews and Caroline Wilson.

Fox has allowed past players to dominate the show too much in recent years - what does Jonathon Brown add when you already have Garry Lyon and Nathan Buckley?

A mix of journos / professional commentators, ex-coaches and some past players, but only if they are up to it (e.g. Cornes or Lloyd types), would be best. I guess like what’s worked for Footy Classified.

I can’t see Robbo on Midweek Tackle as is, he isn’t sharp enough anymore to slot into that show’s rapid pacing.

I like that character blend of Lyon, Browny and Bucks on OTC, they share a good vibe and would be wary of tinkering with that.

The trick is not blurring the shows together too much, they need their distinct angle.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I can’t see Robbo on Midweek Tackle as is, he isn’t sharp enough anymore to slot into that show’s rapid pacing.

I like that character blend of Lyon, Browny and Bucks on OTC, they share a good vibe and would be wary of tinkering with that.

The trick is not blurring the shows together too much, they need their distinct angle.
Midweek tackle sort of ruins the idea but wonder if they could add a journo panel to 360 to make up for no Robbo, although I sorta worry that it would be too much like the league version which isn’t as good as afl360

Remove this Banner Ad

The downfall of Fox Footy.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back