The dumbest batsman in world cricket

Who is the dumbest batsman in the world?

• Andrew Flintoff

Votes: 13 31.0%
  • Virender Sehwag

Votes: 4 9.5%
  • Herschelle Gibbs

Votes: 25 59.5%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

You can't count guys like McGrath and Tait, they just have a complete lack of talent with the bat!
Afridi gets my vote - talent wasted!

Do you really think Afridi has that much talent though??

Just a pinch hitting slogger at the top of the paki order than more often than not skies one within the first over he is out there. I'd love to see how many times in his career his has wasted his wicket within 10 balls. It must be over 50 times. Rubbish batsman.

A gun player who seems to get himself out alot by being overly aggressive - Sarwan from the WI. A pleasure to watch in full flight though! :thumbsu:

Maybe I am a bit too kind him, but he has the ability to slog it further than most people off the fastest bowlers in the world and thats what gets the crowd going.
Sehwag is another one, he has more talent though. Great when he gets going but can throw his wicket away

Cosgrove.

With all that talent you'd think he'd be smart enough to not resemble an elephant seal. Could be anything in the game, just not smart enough to get into shape to take advantage of his enormous talent.

After losing some weight last summer he is now bigger than ever... serious man boobs.

J-Train said:
A gun player who seems to get himself out alot by being overly aggressive - Sarwan from the WI. A pleasure to watch in full flight though! :thumbsu:

Yeah Sarwan would get my vote. All the talent in the world but gets himself out playing stupid shots when set. Similar to a lot of batsmen - they simply hit the ball in the air too much.

J-Train said:
Do you really think Afridi has that much talent though??

Just a pinch hitting slogger at the top of the paki order than more often than not skies one within the first over he is out there. I'd love to see how many times in his career his has wasted his wicket within 10 balls. It must be over 50 times. Rubbish batsman.

You see, Afridi plays that way because he has never been taught properly.
The guy has more talent in his little finger than a lot of other international batsman, but has never been taught properly and simply attacks no matter the situation.
Do you remember him hitting McGrath and Lee over cover for 6's last time he played over here in an ODI down in Tassie? He made 50 odd off 20 something balls that day.

jko'neal said:
Throw in Di Venuto from Tassie, talent to burn but gets himself out on a regular basis.
He played a handful of games for Australia didn't he? Had potential did Devo but didn't live up to it in the end. Still had his moments though.

turbo182 said:
Haha

I play District A grade with Herb for West Torrens.

I'll bring your opinion to his attention!
Elliott was mentally weak. Was stiff to get dropped in the late 90s but that effort against Sri Lanka a couple of years ago was pathetic. He was one of my favourite players though.

Afridi has alot of talent... who comes into the pakistani team, at the age of 16... and in his first innings, scores the fastest ODI hundred ever...

though getting back to the idea of this thread, with all of this talent, in his last 34 ODI innings he has an average under 10 with the bat... wudnt he figure that trying to slog every ball isnt always the best thing to do... tho his is good at it...

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I know this is the bumbest batsmen thread but i couldnt think of one so i have picked the worst batsman and that has to be Stuart Macgill have u seen the way he runs between wickets holding the bat. Stuey if ya cant be a batsmen... Look like one.

Can Shop said:
I know this is the bumbest batsmen thread but i couldnt think of one so i have picked the worst batsman and that has to be Stuart Macgill have u seen the way he runs between wickets holding the bat. Stuey if ya cant be a batsmen... Look like one.

Mate, the obvious flaw in what you just said is that Stuey Macgill is NOT a batsman. There's a difference between a batsman and a bowler holding a bat

Dean Jones

the bloke that told big Curly to "make those sweat bands disappear". Big Curly became very very angry and our bats became very very frightened...

My mic is off so i'll be politically incorrect...

or... being dropped from every team hes' played for not because of his form, but because of his big mouth.

More stupidity than dumb, however...

Remove this Banner Ad

The dumbest batsman in world cricket

Back