The famed "Rd 8" is almost over - What will change?

Remove this Banner Ad

mytym

Team Captain
Apr 28, 2011
AFL Club
Collingwood
Is it just me, or does this Round seem to be uncannily representative of the season as a whole? The results of just about every game told a story that seems to ring true for the season thus far, and possibly for the remainder. The ladder seems to back that up too.

They say the ladder doesn't change too much after Round 8. At the moment, I'd largely agree with that. Perhaps Geelong should switch places with Fremantle and Collingwood's percentage indicates they are a little higher than they should be.

This season, opinions seem to change from week to week, but finally it seems that the ladder is taking shape.

Is it just me, or does this Round seem to be uncannily representative of the season as a whole? The results of just about every game told a story that seems to ring true for the season thus far, and possibly for the remainder. The ladder seems to back that up too.

They say the ladder doesn't change too much after Round 8. At the moment, I'd largely agree with that. Perhaps Geelong should switch places with Fremantle and Collingwood's percentage indicates they are a little higher than they should be.

This season, opinions seem to change from week to week, but finally it seems that the ladder is taking shape.

Not sure if it will hold this year because of the evenness we are seeing. If you flick though the AFL.com.au ladder predictor it seems likely that positions 9 and 10 (and possibly 11) will be held by teams with positive records. I think we could see some interesting ladder drops and jumps much later in the season than normal.

St Kilda and Geelong are the only teams that have the potential to break into the 8, imo.

Having said that, I expect Fremantle to win their next 2 games, against tough opposition, to maintain their place. For now.

IN: Geelong , North Melbourne

OUT: Fremantle , Essendon

Judging by the thoughts of many of the educated during pre-season. It's just about mid-season slump time for my mob and they will slide into a deep abyss, starting with GWS this week.

People seem to forget that we are pushing any side we play at the moment and we will end up with 13 wins this year if we beat who we should beat. That should be enough to break into finals.

Judging by the thoughts of many of the educated during pre-season. It's just about mid-season slump time for my mob and they will slide into a deep abyss, starting with GWS this week.

Let's see if all your pre-season prediction come true.

I would be sitting back and getting emotionally involved in your team's season (which I'm sure you are) than worrying about the knobs on bigfooty.

I think what it has defined is that Geelong and Carlton cannot win the premiership, North won't make the finals and Adelaide and Essendon likely to be top 4

Agree with all that

People seem to forget that we are pushing any side we play at the moment and we will end up with 13 wins this year if we beat who we should beat. That should be enough to break into finals.

LOL 13 wins. Richmond have absolutely no chance to make finals. Richmond will finish 12-10 if they win all their 50/50 games. Which they won't. Richmond will not beat all of St Kilda, North Melbourne, Brisbane (away), Bulldogs.

stop sooking, man...

no one rated essendon too highly pre-season, we know.

you're team is flying and looking good, we know.

it wasn't personal, and a team always surprises. good luck for the rest of the year.

You need to snag one of these wins though.

You don't want to rely on beating the teams you should beat because you will surely trip up on at least one

I wouldn't expect Richmond to beat essendon, west coset, hawthorn, Carlton, Adelaide, Collingwood, Sydney(at the scg) or st Kilda. North, Geelong and freo would be 50/50.

13 wins would be very "optimistic"

(Log in to remove this ad.)

So you should win another 10 games for the season? :confused::eek:

J have you down for 6 games you should win, with 50/50 games against Western Bulldogs, North and Saints.

Best case scenario imo, is 8 wins, which would still see you finish a couple of games outside the 8.

On current form we would beat the Saints, Freo, Dogs, North, and Brisbane no matter where we play them. We are a chance.
I agree.

If Tigers had more poise and level headness should have beaten geelong at Kardinia park and last night with that massive last half.

That composure will come.

Really reckon Tigers are on the genuine improve

stop sooking, man...

no one rated essendon too highly pre-season, we know.

you're team is flying and looking good, we know.

it wasn't personal, and a team always surprises. good luck for the rest of the year.

It's getting very tiresome and this is coming from an Essendon supporter.

You know its not December stop dreaming, I took a look at the fixture, you should win 8 games for the rest of the season, 9th again I'm afraid. But saying that once you learn how to win a game that matters the tiges will make the 8 in the near future.

Honourable loss after honourable loss does not equate with making finals.

Very few teams win all of the games they should.

Given that far better teams than Richmond will drop games they were expected to win, I see no reason to think that Richmond will win all of they games their supporters think they should.

Richmond will finish 10th. And push for finals next year.

Make no mistake I've been realistic about our team the last 2 years saying we wouldn't do anything at all and that they are development years. Barring injury this year we are a real chance to sneak in the 8. It could start this weekend against the hawks and with Maric and our now elite midfield I don't see why we can't prevent them getting forward 50 entries and potentially cause an upset. Look at the scoring shots against Essendon. You wouln't rule out a win against Carlton either the way they are going atm.

It all just depends on injuries and how our young players handle a full season towards the end (they may run out of legs or break down). Make no mistake if we win the games that were close this year (which we should next year with an extra pre-season) we would be talked about as top 4 contenders. We could potentially make top 4 next year, teams surge quickly and you only have to look at West Coast to see this.

But you need to snare one of these games. I thought you had Geelong. Then you had your chances against West Coast. So I was very worried that win was coming against Essendon. And it almost did.

Hawthorn and Carlton will still be favourites against Richmond. Carlton has lost to two 7-1 sides, and a hot St Kilda.

St Kilda v Richmond in Round 10 will be a big game for both.

So what does it say about the Swans? That they will dominate at the SCG all year?

We seem to have finally found a workable forward line - although against Melbourne that may not say much - so who knows where to from here.

Remove this Banner Ad

The famed "Rd 8" is almost over - What will change?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back