Unsolved The Family Murders

Remove this Banner Ad

The Who's Who List

Out of Sight - The Untold Story of Adelaide's Gay Hate Murders

The Cases of Forensic Pathologist Colin Manock

Use this thread below to lodge media, maps and photos for quick reference.

Last edited:

Has the possibility of an experimental sex change performed on Neil Muir been suggested anywhere else but the ebook?

Of all the mutilations that were done to his body and enough missing that his package only weighed 25kg, why leave 'enough' there that would tell that story?

Well before the ebook, l thought of the experimental sex change possibility. l thought this due to autopsy results. The genital mutilation NM had is basically very similar. I don't know if l've read this anywhere else, but would be keen to find credible info.
I have trouble getting into the ebook. The terrible spelling and grammar therein makes it difficult for me to take anything they say seriously.

Well before the ebook, l thought of the experimental sex change possibility. l thought this due to autopsy results. The genital mutilation NM had is basically very similar. I don't know if l've read this anywhere else, but would be keen to find credible info.

It looks kind of credible if extremely reckless/stupid not to cover it up and it is somewhat how gender reassignment might go but the same or very similar is also how one might butcher and dress a male pig. Given the circle Neil mixed with, it seems more likely someone with an interest in the 'surgery' was responsible.

Then there's the taking apart of one hand?

I have trouble getting into the ebook. The terrible spelling and grammar therein makes it difficult for me to take anything they say seriously.

It's curious to me, why someone would spend decades studying the case as the authors have, only to release a book that looks like it skidded in sideways and still needs so much work. That might be another story.

So to get the early photos of Pru etc I have been speaking to friends and associates of the whole group - her and Sarah particularly are spoken about very fondly and warmly.

The consensus is they were essentially drug addicts at the time who got “caught up in it all” to get their free fix - again as dropbears said this does not absolve any responsibility or blame, but it is a ‘thing’.

Others in the group (Noel in particular - who I have not yet gotten a photo of) are not spoken about as kindly.

And to add to that - their names have only really just been unsuppressed, so a lot of people who knew them likely had no idea they were involved, and unless you went looking now you still wouldn’t know

Thank for the feedback Charlie
With Darko being at the family house about 10 times they must of been better friends than what I imagined.

He didn’t stay over and would just pop over here and there . Preacher was more of a friend in the beginning then Alan but darko had a car and that was a big deal . Back then there was no mobile phone and people would go to peoples houses . Work it out he had been over about ten times in 5 mths that’s once a fortnight that’s not a good mate . My mates and I would stay over each other’s house every weekend . Preacher did not like darko after a little time because he would came over when Alan and preacher would get there dule money and say “ do use want to go out “ then ask for petrol money . Like I said Alan was at a loss that weekend and darko ask if he would like to go to a bbq over his place . Mom was shocked when preacher said he was not going and meet up with his girlfriend instead .

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

So to get the early photos of Pru etc I have been speaking to friends and associates of the whole group - her and Sarah particularly are spoken about very fondly and warmly.

The consensus is they were essentially drug addicts at the time who got “caught up in it all” to get their free fix - again as dropbears said this does not absolve any responsibility or blame, but it is a ‘thing’.

Others in the group (Noel in particular - who I have not yet gotten a photo of) are not spoken about as kindly.

Have you had any information bth18 on what Brooks, Gant and Turtur did for a living outside of dancing or in prostitution?

He didn’t stay over and would just pop over here and there . Preacher was more of a friend in the beginning then Alan but darko had a car and that was a big deal . Back then there was no mobile phone and people would go to peoples houses . Work it out he had been over about ten times in 5 mths that’s once a fortnight that’s not a good mate . My mates and I would stay over each other’s house every weekend . Preacher did not like darko after a little time because he would came over when Alan and preacher would get there dule money and say “ do use want to go out “ then ask for petrol money . Like I said Alan was at a loss that weekend and darko ask if he would like to go to a bbq over his place . Mom was shocked when preacher said he was not going and meet up with his girlfriend instead .

Thanks Charlie.
The reason for my question is that I'm trying to establish the relationship he had with Alan and his family, looking into the theory of Alan being set up. Seems strange he was hitchhiking with Alan to his house when he had a car, why not just drive? Was he planning to stay at Alan's Sunday night? Or hitchhiking back to his house later that afternoon/evening?

If we think Pru might have been a bit more involved than she's admitted to and given Trevor Peters appeared to get a lot of his information off her, if the diaries ever surface we could try and view them as if she was telling first hand accounts rather than second.

I believe Pru's family have all her belongings, so l don't think we'll ever know.

I haven’t! But I also haven’t asked so I can look into it

Thanks, I see Bits has also posted asking if anybody knows what any of the Alberton housemates might have done as well. Any information would be great, you never know if something might come that will shake something else out.

Thanks Charlie.
The reason for my question is that I'm trying to establish the relationship he had with Alan and his family, looking into the theory of Alan being set up. Seems strange he was hitchhiking with Alan to his house when he had a car, why not just drive? Was he planning to stay at Alan's Sunday night? Or hitchhiking back to his house later that afternoon/evening?

The car defected Saturday night and the trains didn’t run until after 3 pm on Sunday to the port . I think he would have trained it back to the port as he would not have stayed at our house . The train from town to Salisbury didn’t start till 1 pm on sundays . The year before Alan, preacher and I had to walk from Salisbury to footy pack in west lakes to see the state game .

(Log in to remove this ad.)

The car defected Saturday night and the trains didn’t run until after 3 pm on Sunday to the port . I think he would have trained it back to the port as he would not have stayed at our house . The train from town to Salisbury didn’t start till 1 pm on sundays . The year before Alan, preacher and I had to walk from Salisbury to footy pack in west lakes to see the state game .

Hello John,I am only new to this forum..Let me first say "I feel for your loss"..In all the horrible times you went to court, who do you know was in the car that night when your brother was picked up..They must have bern scared shitless in court with you and the other families in attendance!!!

During Frozen lies (E4) & podcasts Debi Marshall interviews Robyn Barnes (Alan's sister) the interview went something like this:

RB - only one person has been convicted of Alan's murder but there are a lot more people involved.

DM - do you know there names.
RB - yes
DM - where did you get them from.
RB - we were given them years ago but i cannot say by who.
DM - can you write them down

RB - yes (Robyn writes the names down but they are blurred out, see attached image)

Later in the episode DM confirms the names are suppressed but are a magistrate, business man & transvestite. The first 2 names appear to be of the magistrate & business man. The third name appears to begin with P, the first name is short & surname longer. I'm assuming its Pru Firman, even thou the suppression had been lifted on her I'm assuming DM didn't name her out of respect for Robyn and her confidential source.

If the third name is that of PF she must be involved much deeper than originally thought. Charlie are you aware of the list? If PF is on the list what was her suspected involvement in Alan's captivity or death?

names.PNG

Hello John,I am only new to this forum..Let me first say "I feel for your loss"..In all the horrible times you went to court, who do you know was in the car that night when your brother was picked up..They must have bern scared shitless in court with you and the other families in attendance!!!

B was in the car and they all kept away from me and the cops stood between me and them . It’s funny that there were more cops sitting on me in court then investigating the case . I appreciate your feelings towards me in this but I am not one to feel sorry for myself . I don’t want people to feel sorry for me but to just know the truth about the boys and what happened to them . I thank you

B was in the car and they all kept away from me and the cops stood between me and them . It’s funny that there were more cops sitting on me in court then investigating the case . I appreciate your feelings towards me in this but I am not one to feel sorry for myself . I don’t want people to feel sorry for me but to just know the truth about the boys and what happened to them . I thank you

Thanks John, so B was Colin Bland???The guywith the english accent..Was heva big dude??

During Frozen lies (E4) & podcasts Debi Marshall interviews Robyn Barnes (Alan's sister) the interview went something like this:

RB - only one person has been convicted of Alan's murder but there are a lot more people involved.

RB - yes

RB - yes (Robyn writes the names down but they are blurred out, see attached image)

Later in the episode DM confirms the names are suppressed but are a magistrate, business man & transvestite. The first 2 names appear to be of the magistrate & business man. The third name appears to begin with P, the first name is short & surname longer. I'm assuming its Pru Firman, even thou the suppression had been lifted on her I'm assuming DM didn't name her out of respect for Robyn and her confidential source.

If the third name is that of PF she must be involved much deeper than originally thought. Charlie are you aware of the list? If PF is on the list what was her suspected involvement in Alan's captivity or death?

View attachment 1052180

Robyn is Mandy my sister and she needs her head read for going on that show . Ps Mandy was married and didn’t live at home for over a year before Alan died

RB - yes

View attachment 1052180

Yes I gave Mandy the list

Thanks John, so B was Colin Bland???The guywith the english accent..Was heva big dude??

Yes and there was one other I believe but not talked about . I believe NM was there that day and it was day time when Alan was picked up .

Yes and there was one other I believe but not talked about . I believe NM was there that day and it was day time when Alan was picked up .

What did Mr B look like? He is a total mystery other than we know he had an English accent. Was he short, thin, tall, dark, blonde?

Let's assume NM is in the car that picked up Alan. Why would Mr B not divulge this at some stage?

RB - yes

View attachment 1052180

Mandy only knows so much and most of it was what I have told her and same of the names in court . Understand Mandy is still messed up in lots of ways and is not all there . My brother mick rang me 2 days ago all messed up over this still . They all don’t know how to move forward and are stuck in the past . It has taken me years to get were I am at and to let the pain go . I am not over it by no means but I can talk about it without getting silly about it . This distorted my family and we were all ever close before Alan was killed . I feel that that pain is the hardest thing to let go of . I try not to talk to them anymore as they go off into there little world and I can’t go there . I am to much of a realest to go there .

Remove this Banner Ad

Unsolved The Family Murders

Remove this Banner Ad

Back