Unsolved The Family Murders

Remove this Banner Ad

The Who's Who List

Out of Sight - The Untold Story of Adelaide's Gay Hate Murders

The Cases of Forensic Pathologist Colin Manock

Use this thread below to lodge media, maps and photos for quick reference.

Last edited:

Theres some confusion over where Daniel alighted the train.
Some people say Alberton but Crimestoppers say he was last seen walking down the Southern ramp at Pt Adelaide station and towards Baynes Place.
The witness who came forward and had called the police soon after to report the yelling she heard said it was on Jane Flaxman Ct.
If it was someone on the train or at the station, there would have been much more secluded places along the route between Baynes Pl and Jane Flaxman Ct.

Id suggest its more likely he was seen crossing Grand Junction/Bower Rd by someone driving by or parked in the rowing club carpark.
Access to Jane Flaxman Ct from that point by car is a simple 1st right onto Port Rd and 1st right into Hero Way.

Highly unlikely to be a 'Family' crime though.

excuse all the question at once (I've actually got a bunch more that I'll drip feed rather than flood the forum - best to keep the conversation alive rather than drowned):

Did we ever get any sort of official record (media or preferably court statements) regarding Richard's 'haircut'? From all the dehumanising involved in all the crimes, taking a break to give a victim a haircut seems extremely unlikely.
It was acknowledged in court that the photo used by the media had been taken prior to Richard's last haircut. This may have been the source, years later, of this story (hearsay) that his hair hadn't grown or had been cut.

It was acknowledged in court that the photo used by the media had been taken prior to Richard's last haircut. This may have been the source, years later, of this story (hearsay) that his hair hadn't grown or had been cut.
Does anyone have access to this specific part of the court case? That description could mean that he had a haircut two weeks prior to the kidnapping (from memory the media photo was from 4 weeks before the kidnapping?) or there was a haircut during the time of being held.

Do Trevor Peter's notes regarding Denis and the haircut pre-date the court case?

Theres some confusion over where Daniel alighted the train.
Some people say Alberton but Crimestoppers say he was last seen walking down the Southern ramp at Pt Adelaide station and towards Baynes Place.
The witness who came forward and had called the police soon after to report the yelling she heard said it was on Jane Flaxman Ct.
If it was someone on the train or at the station, there would have been much more secluded places along the route between Baynes Pl and Jane Flaxman Ct.

Id suggest its more likely he was seen crossing Grand Junction/Bower Rd by someone driving by or parked in the rowing club carpark.
Access to Jane Flaxman Ct from that point by car is a simple 1st right onto Port Rd and 1st right into Hero Way.

I've never seen a description of what the usual walk home was (you'd assume the same path walked every time they went home from the train station unless you were actively dodging a following car). If a car was following him down Old Port Road they'd have to know the area pretty well to come down Old Port Road heading south to head into Hero Way and try and intercept on Jane Flaxman (again, regular path used as a shortcut to Lord Hobart or a detour to dodge a car??). Just saw that there's a specific Daniel thread on here so I'll look into that later.

Highly unlikely to be a 'Family' crime though.

Isn't it more statistically unlikely for serial killers to stop?

I've never seen a description of what the usual walk home was (you'd assume the same path walked every time they went home from the train station unless you were actively dodging a following car). If a car was following him down Old Port Road they'd have to know the area pretty well to come down Old Port Road heading south to head into Hero Way and try and intercept on Jane Flaxman (again, regular path used as a shortcut to Lord Hobart or a detour to dodge a car??). Just saw that there's a specific Daniel thread on here so I'll look into that later.

Isn't it more statistically unlikely for serial killers to stop?
Not when he's in prison.

Who else committed murders?
not a single person has been caught with literal blood on their hands. BVE was busted for the fibre evidence, I don't believe even Mr B has said who actually finished the job. Bevan may have been the actual killer but he may have also just been involved in the killings. I don't believe there has ever been a definitive proof as to who actually did the killing. Even in regards to Trevor's diaries there's the line (can someone confirm if this is in the diaries in Trevor's handwriting or if it's guesswork by someone reading through and commenting on the diaries):
"He took the drugged boys after Bevan and Lewis Turtur had finished with them." <-this in describing Mr R's role. Almost an implication that he was the next stage during the abductions at times.

not a single person has been caught with literal blood on their hands. BVE was busted for the fibre evidence, I don't believe even Mr B has said who actually finished the job. Bevan may have been the actual killer but he may have also just been involved in the killings. I don't believe there has ever been a definitive proof as to who actually did the killing. Even in regards to Trevor's diaries there's the line (can someone confirm if this is in the diaries in Trevor's handwriting or if it's guesswork by someone reading through and commenting on the diaries):
"He took the drugged boys after Bevan and Lewis Turtur had finished with them." <-this in describing Mr R's role. Almost an implication that he was the next stage during the abductions at times.
That's speculation. Looking at the facts, BVE was locked up and the killing stopped.

In relation to Daniel Sheppard, my opinion is I doubt anyone at his age would have racked up a debt that was high enough for someone to go knock them let alone plan to do it on one of the most celebrated nights of the year.
Not to say that the drug scene was not involved as he could have been hanging around some low life scum bags which comes with that scene whether you are buying, selling or taking recreationally. Some idiot with ego issues lands a coward punch to show off and unintentionally finds himself trying to dispose of a body is a situation that could have happened.

Bit like that, but I remembered there being footage of evidence and the ‘businessman’ in it - and just wanted to see what it was

interesting that the footage at 20:09 shows the blurred Mr R walking down his street a few doors from his house. Clearly the media are aware of his name and location for that. I wonder if they give him a wave when they shoot stuff like that?

Remove this Banner Ad

Unsolved The Family Murders

Remove this Banner Ad

Back