Game Day The Finals 2024 - Nekgame Giants v Lions

Remove this Banner Ad

It's fine if the Hawks want to dance around and rub it in when they're playing well and talk trash on social media, but if they do then they shouldn't be surprised when they get some back. You're putting a target on your own back.

Now, Ken was unprofessional and looks like a flog, as well.

Also it’s fine if Port players and the crowd want to get stuck into Ginnivan, he gives opposition crowds and players plenty. And this isn’t like Mitchell in the day or anyone bantering with opposing players. It is inappropriate and childish for a coach to do it.

Making this much of one comment by one player in the lead up shows a very thin skin. God knows there was plenty of other motivation to work with after the first week embarrassment.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I can't find anywhere what anything was said, but based on the body language used - it doesn't seem worthy of the reporting it's getting?

Providing there's no homophobic, racist, excessively violent or any other derogatory comments from Hinkley - I don't understand the reaction by regular punters? I get the media because they need to provide content.

If he's said something over the line then fair enough, but I can't see or read anything that he has.

Very funny watching Hodge and Lewis get on their high horses. Both were fake tough guys who had no problem sniping other players because they knew no one was going to flatten them out like they deserved (Lewis king hitting Goldstein is one of the most disgraceful on field acts this century). But apparently Hinkley harmlessly clapping back at Ginnivan is a bridge too far for them.

Wat would Ken have done had they lost?

He’d be standing there bawling with No Chase Jase

Fwiw I think the opposition should not bother coming over and celebrating milestones

It's over done.

And any gesture of goodwill and sportsmanship from PAFC was destroyed by their senior coach carrying on like a juvenile twit in that very moment.

Port think they are untouchable … and that we should all bow before them because of their history.

Hinkley should have been focused on next week as soon as they won, rather than worried about something said by an opponent's that they just had beaten.

Anyway, I am looking forward to them getting torched next week by Sydney.

And to us giving it to JHF in future years when the AFL stop protecting him and the Port from the consequences of their underhanded behaviour.

Port think they are untouchable … and that we should all bow before them because of their history.

Hinkley should have been focused on next week as soon as they won, rather than worried about something said by an opponent's that they just had beaten.

And to us giving it to JHF in future years when the AFL stop protecting him and the Port from the consequences of their underhanded behaviour.
It’s in their DNA to go after people who questioned them rather than just enjoy the win. Remember their premiership coach’s cringeworthy reaction to winning a flag.

It's fine if the Hawks want to dance around and rub it in when they're playing well and talk trash on social media, but if they do then they shouldn't be surprised when they get some back. You're putting a target on your own back.

Now, Ken was unprofessional and looks like a flog, as well.
Im no fan of grown men acting like 12yo girls (Hawthorn) and i was hoping they'd win last night (great match btw), but there's not a snowflakes chance in hell i wouldn't have given them some lip after getting the win. Cant let disrespect slide.

Flog of a club but some lip was deserved, albeit from 1 players comments.

Flog of a club but some lip was deserved, albeit from 1 players comments.
I suspect that the AFL will diffuse the possibility of future blowback on Kenny by fixturing Hawthorne home matches against Poorta in Launceston for the foreseeable future and possibly in other remote locations such as Mt Barker when the Tasmainian option dries up.

Remove this Banner Ad

Game Day The Finals 2024 - Nekgame Giants v Lions

Remove this Banner Ad

Back