Mega Thread The Former Player Thread: Part 2

Remove this Banner Ad

Andrejs Everitt has signed with Bacchus Marsh FNC in the Ballarat FNL

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

I'm so pleased for Colin!! He's such a top bloke. And I remember after he had announced his retirement I had the chance to speak to him and asked if he knew what he was doing next and whether he would stay in Sydney. He said he definitely wanted to stay in Sydney and did I know of any jobs going, he was open to anything. So, seeing him being brought into the fold and evidently doing a good job is super pleasing.

He's following a little in the footsteps of Tadhg - Tadhg stayed involved after retiring for quite a while, although I'm not sure what he's doing now.

I'm so pleased for Colin!! He's such a top bloke. And I remember after he had announced his retirement I had the chance to speak to him and asked if he knew what he was doing next and whether he would stay in Sydney. He said he definitely wanted to stay in Sydney and did I know of any jobs going, he was open to anything. So, seeing him being brought into the fold and evidently doing a good job is super pleasing.

He's following a little in the footsteps of Tadhg - Tadhg stayed involved after retiring for quite a while, although I'm not sure what he's doing now.
In something of a coincidence, Tahdg is the GWS Academy coach these days, since Oct '22.

Both top blokes. So glad they're still involved in footy.

Dan O’Keefe’s Warrnambool FNC have signed Ben Cunnington and Paddy McCartin’s old mate Aaron Black.

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I think there's more to players than just the two and a half hours we see of them in the AFL/VFL games. There's variables like coachability, work ethic, professionalism, adaptability etc. that would all be considered when deciding who is worth offering a list spot to.

I think there's more to players than just the two and a half hours we see of them in the AFL/VFL games. There's variables like coachability, work ethic, professionalism, adaptability etc. that would all be considered when deciding who is worth offering a list spot to.
I also know someone that coached him in the system , great kid , but AFL a long shot

Absolutely true, but we can only go on what we see (and hear). In Sheather's case he got 3 games. I was O/S and didn't see them but am led to believe he did OK until he was injured again. I did see him live in VFL a couple of times and felt his positional discipline was excellent. He was quick, sure-handed and a good kick.
I don't know if the foot injuries hurt his speed like happened to Ling, which would certainly count against offering him a further contract, but up until then he looked the goods on all fronts.
I suspect he will be a good player for GWS VFL.

Absolutely true, but we can only go on what we see (and hear). In Sheather's case he got 3 games. I was O/S and didn't see them but am led to believe he did OK until he was injured again. I did see him live in VFL a couple of times and felt his positional discipline was excellent. He was quick, sure-handed and a good kick.
I don't know if the foot injuries hurt his speed like happened to Ling, which would certainly count against offering him a further contract, but up until then he looked the goods on all fronts.
I suspect he will be a good player for GWS VFL.
It will be an interesting watch. I thought, no matter where they played him, he looked like he belonged. For a newbie, he did not disappoint.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back