Boxing The General Boxing Discussion Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Yeah this will be delayed by mandatories and contracted rematches but there are no excuses after that. I think 2022 we will see 2 AJ/Fury fights. One in the UK with fans and one in Saudi for them to pocket mammoth money

Funny how MMA has this aura of always getting the biggest fights but it isn't true, it does have less frivolous excuses than boxing though. GSP/Anderson, Aldo/Pettis are 2 pretty good examples. The UFC just kicks on, alters their rankings as they see fit then someone loses which kills any need for the super fight to happen. Jones to HW another good example of big fights being missed. His last 2 years have been pointless

Yeah I think generally when you have two guys in the same weight division who are dominant, they'll get set up. If you think about JDS and Cain being like Fury and Joshua well they fought three times while both in their primes, never would have happened in boxing (or maybe they'd be fighting now ha ha)

Sounds good but i've been around long enough to not believe it until it's signed and we see a press conference at least

Fury came to terms with Wilder very quickly, so if this gets dragged out a lot I'll be blaming Joshua. But yes I hope this happens of course.

Fury came to terms with Wilder very quickly, so if this gets dragged out a lot I'll be blaming Joshua. But yes I hope this happens of course.
Fury only has 1 fight left on his Top Rank/ESPN deal?

Too many moving parts in boxing sometimes... AJ is DAZN, Fury ESPN+, TR/Matchroom (Arum can be a dick to deal with)

I agree though, I think it's on AJ if there's a delay. Some things are out of their control like Wilder rematch court case and Usyk mandatory but Fury wants it more than AJ IMO

Anyone here going to actually buy the PPV tomorrow? Not worth $60 to me tbh but ill watch somehow

Promoters take the piss with ppv really. Costs $180 a year to watch Tim alone. The reality is, he isnt PPV worthy. Costs the same as Conor McGregor? Ridiculous...

I'll watch wink wink, but yeah not paying 60. Was relatively easy to find the last one actually.

Paying 60 is bullshit when you compare it to the awesome cards we've had on a Thursday recently, well matched fights with them really having a crack. Feels like they were really pushing the pace a lot more compared to most recent cards, I thought they might have been incentivised to do so or something. Really I think it was just that they were fairly even, so they really had to try and not coast.

I'll watch wink wink, but yeah not paying 60. Was relatively easy to find the last one actually.

Paying 60 is bullshit when you compare it to the awesome cards we've had on a Thursday recently, well matched fights with them really having a crack. Feels like they were really pushing the pace a lot more compared to most recent cards, I thought they might have been incentivised to do so or something. Really I think it was just that they were fairly even, so they really had to try and not coast.
Dean lonergan puts on some good cards. Opetai is with him as well, they seem to have a fox sports deal and the pacing of the events have been great. Wont be long until Huni is PPV though...

Last friday was awesome. Best domestic card i can remember. Hope tomorrow is as good

Ill also bite the bullet and bet Hunt i think. I cant have Gallen beating a combat sports legend, thatd be a travesty

Dean lonergan puts on some good cards. Opetai is with him as well, they seem to have a fox sports deal and the pacing of the events have been great. Wont be long until Huni is PPV though...

Last friday was awesome. Best domestic card i can remember. Hope tomorrow is as good

Ill also bite the bullet and bet Hunt i think. I cant have Gallen beating a combat sports legend, thatd be a travesty

Gallen has come in a shitload, either there's a lot of dumb league supporters betting out there or Hunt's injured or something. Hunt weighed in at 127 kegs, I think he used to cut a bit to make the UFC 120kg limit so he's pretty much in shape you'd think.

Yep hunt has to keep his defence then go the clobber . Anything less as you said ..

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

I can't see how Hunt can lose this based on his history. He's had some of the biggest knockouts in combat sports and is battle hardened over many years. Who in their right mind thinks Gallen will beat him?
I would be dumbfounded if Hunt was beaten

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I can't see how Hunt can lose this based on his history. He's had some of the biggest knockouts in combat sports and is battle hardened over many years. Who in their right mind thinks Gallen will beat him?
I would be dumbfounded if Hunt was beaten

Agreed. In all honesty Hunt keeps his cool in a fight more than anyone I can think of in combat sports. He's going to find his range early, take it easy and he'll find many openings. If Hall could land on Gallen more or less at will how is Hunt not going to? I'm biased of course as a Hunt fan but I don't know how he loses.

And oh yeah he has one of the great chins of course so if Gallen hurt him it would be shocking.

Might buy it and split it with a few mates. You guys are right $60 is steep but god it was a hassle last time trying to airplay it to the TV, would cut out every 90 seconds.

Agreed. In all honesty Hunt keeps his cool in a fight more than anyone I can think of in combat sports. He's going to find his range early, take it easy and he'll find many openings. If Hall could land on Gallen more or less at will how is Hunt not going to? I'm biased of course as a Hunt fan but I don't know how he loses.

And oh yeah he has one of the great chins of course so if Gallen hurt him it would be shocking.
Hunt got sat down by Olynik in his last UFC fight who is not a big puncher. Its possible Hunts legendary chin is gone, especially at his age and with the mileage hes got on the clock

Yeah, I've just bet $200 on Hunt. Despite all the reasons like age and everything pointing me in the face, I just can't have Gallen beating Hunt. Sad day if he does

There's some nagging voice in the back of my head that's saying Hunt might be completely cooked and Gallen can jab and clinch his way to a points victory but even typing that makes me feel disgusting. Realistically hunt should drop him in the 2nd.

There's some nagging voice in the back of my head that's saying Hunt might be completely cooked and Gallen can jab and clinch his way to a points victory but even typing that makes me feel disgusting. Realistically hunt should drop him in the 2nd.

Yeah the odds moving that dramatically make me wonder if something is up.

Barry hit Gallen plenty and I really don't think he can do half of what you said (his jab should be easily countered as it isn't good). Hunt should land 80% of what he throws just about but will he throw enough for that to win? We'll see

According to Fox Sports Hunt will earn $500K for the fight while Gallen will get $400K

Incredible really but also kind of sucks for guys like Lucas Browne who've lost money fighting at home because the pay is so shit. Luke Jackson on the undercard tonight has fought for a world title and is untelevised (fox sports maybe?) potentially earning less than his camp costs will be...

According to Fox Sports Hunt will earn $500K for the fight while Gallen will get $400K

Incredible really but also kind of sucks for guys like Lucas Browne who've lost money fighting at home because the pay is so sh*t. Luke Jackson on the undercard tonight has fought for a world title and is untelevised (fox sports maybe?) potentially earning less than his camp costs will be...

Can only pay fighters if people are gonna watch them, unfortunately for the boxers especially people would rather watch retired footy players than the best young boxers in the country. Say what you want about the UFC and their treatment of fighters but every card is an opportunity for one of them to breakout with a big performance and if you do produce you will get paid. Boxing only needs the guy at the top of the card

Remove this Banner Ad

Boxing The General Boxing Discussion Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Back