Boxing The General Boxing Discussion Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

To me, the HBO and ESPN scorecards of 119-109 Pacquaio is just as egregious as the 115-113 Bradley that the two judges came up with.

I had it 115-113 PacMan. Gave Bradley rounds 2, 8, 10, 11, 12.

Rounds 10-12 is not arguable, Pacquaio virtually stopped. Rounds 2 and 8 were nothing rounds where neither Pac or Bradley got anything going. I could understand those rounds going either way.

The general outrage is over the top. I'm a Pacquaio fan but I didn't see the Pacquaio domination that the HBO commentators were talking about. Sure... Bradley got rocked a couple time in rounds 3-5, but no knockdown.

I also think a lot of Pacquaio's rounds were "60-40" rounds where one or two clean punches made the difference. His tactic of taking the first 2 minutes off each round, then finishing with a flurry probably cost him in the end. Activity gets rewarded by some judges, no one knows this better than Pacquaio.

It was a good fight that turned a little stale imo.
To me, the HBO and ESPN scorecards of 119-109 Pacquaio is just as egregious as the 115-113 Bradley that the two judges came up with.

I had it 115-113 PacMan. Gave Bradley rounds 2, 8, 10, 11, 12.

Rounds 10-12 is not arguable, Pacquaio virtually stopped. Rounds 2 and 8 were nothing rounds where neither Pac or Bradley got anything going. I could understand those rounds going either way.

The general outrage is over the top. I'm a Pacquaio fan but I didn't see the Pacquaio domination that the HBO commentators were talking about. Sure... Bradley got rocked a couple time in rounds 3-5, but no knockdown.

I also think a lot of Pacquaio's rounds were "60-40" rounds where one or two clean punches made the difference. His tactic of taking the first 2 minutes off each round, then finishing with a flurry probably cost him in the end. Activity gets rewarded by some judges, no one knows this better than Pacquaio.

It was a good fight that turned a little stale imo.
Absoloutley spot on. I think I saw that hbo had it 11 rounds to 1 in favour of pacquiao including the last 2 rounds like cmon.

I had 9-3. Bullshit outcome. Pac dominated from 1 to 9. Bradley gets the last 3.
Dominated? I don't think anyone dominated anyone. Dominating rounds is like what pac did to margarito.Not a cut or bruise on either except for mannys tongue. First 3 rounds could have gone either way. Anyway the rematch will be huge and I don't think either of them
Will want to risk going to the judges , should be good.

I can't understand the inconsistent outroar over this fight. There were heaps of rounds that could have gone both ways. Bradley started rounds well then manny would try and steal them by letting his hands go in the last ten seconds. Bradley won in my opinion because pacs punch stats are a lie. Bradley pounded the body all night and avoided a lot of his punches and or made them grazing shots. I bet Marquez and that Cuban bloke that just got robbed against Brandon rios feel sillyed when the whole world is in mourning for poor little bible bashing manny

your deadset blind bro, absolutely no way you could score that fight for Bradley anyway you looked at it, even if u gave all the 50-50 rounds to Bradley Pac still takes it.
Im still a fan of Bradley though he fought his heart out, and you cant take anything out on him it was either the fix was in to create a create hype for a rematch $$$$ (while Mayweather is in jail) or Bob Arum giving Pacquiauo a message as his contract with Arum is about to end (Bradely is with Arum).

Pacs straight left was hitting him all night, Bradley didnt hit anything worth shit ALL NIGHT. This is the end of boxing..the sport is a disgrace and Dana White is laughing rubbing his hands after this bullcrap.

I rewatched the fight just now. I had Pac winning after watching in a bar with friends about 9-3. After rewatching it, and seeing how much of the word of HBO I took as truth ended up being lie, it's actually Bradley that I think won the fight.
After being able to watch alone, with the sound up, these HBO douches are a joke. Constantly saying Manny is landing when he's grazing glove or completely hitting air.
I posted this on another forum, but go to round 10 at the :50 second mark. They say Manny lands a left straight. Interesting considering Manny just threw 3 consecutive rights in that time and none hit. LOL.
Not to mention one of them comment (can't remember who) that Bradley is landing more in round 7. Then compubox numbers come up, and they just decide to roll with it and take their original comment back.

I urge all of you to rewatch it. All the so called landed shots for Pac were not all there. Hit glove and air a lot, and tried to win the fight in the last few seconds of each round.

I had Bradley winning rounds 1, 2, 7, 8, 9 and 12. I thought 5 and 11 were too close to call, and the rest went to Manny.

i dunno about that, cos i was rooting for Bradley and was finding it hard to give him anything. it's common knowledge that HBO ride Manny's dick constantly, but Bradley hardly got anything going. i'll prob watch again, but with so many people seeing it the same i doubt my own judgement was originally off

i dunno about that, cos i was rooting for Bradley and was finding it hard to give him anything. it's common knowledge that HBO ride Manny's dick constantly, but Bradley hardly got anything going. i'll prob watch again, but with so many people seeing it the same i doubt my own judgement was originally off

I really want to watch this again now. I remember the first could have gone either way, Bradley started off well but Pac landed some clean ones towards the end that I thought gave it to him. And then rounds 10 and 12 were Bradley, not too many more though. Hmm....

The hbo commentating for Marquez pacquiao 3 was a joke also. Manny would throw his off balance flurries that look good to the crowd but in reality were very inaccurate and the commentators would jump out of there seats. Then marquez would land hard clean shots that snapped mannys head back and they would just keep harping on about how great PAC is. Also I think people reckon that just because manny landed big shots in the middle rounds that somehow means those good rounds for him follow on into the next ones. But that's not how you score, The bell rings then that round is over and a new one starts. They are separate entities."

The hbo commentating for Marquez pacquiao 3 was a joke also. Manny would throw his off balance flurries that look good to the crowd but in reality were very inaccurate and the commentators would jump out of there seats. Then marquez would land hard clean shots that snapped mannys head back and they would just keep harping on about how great PAC is. Also I think people reckon that just because manny landed big shots in the middle rounds that somehow means those good rounds for him follow on into the next ones. But that's not how you score, The bell rings then that round is over and a new one starts. They are separate entities."

I agree with you. People just assume Manny is doing work, etc. Yeah, he got a few nice shots in, but then the others they harped on about seem to have nearly all been assumed landed, despite getting air and glove. After watching it a second time, like I said, Manny's punches get air and glove. That straight left didn't do much after the 4th round.

And all this shit about Bradley's punches not hurting Pacman, but the opposite applying. Well, too bad. Bradley was landing. They may have been nothing punches, but they landed. Not all the punches hurt, but it's a sport, and its a point based system revolving around punches landed. Manny didn't seriously hurt Bradley at all during the fight. He hit him with some nice shots, but he was never in danger.

I rewatched the fight just now. I had Pac winning after watching in a bar with friends about 9-3. After rewatching it, and seeing how much of the word of HBO I took as truth ended up being lie, it's actually Bradley that I think won the fight.
After being able to watch alone, with the sound up, these HBO douches are a joke. Constantly saying Manny is landing when he's grazing glove or completely hitting air.
I posted this on another forum, but go to round 10 at the :50 second mark. They say Manny lands a left straight. Interesting considering Manny just threw 3 consecutive rights in that time and none hit. LOL.
Not to mention one of them comment (can't remember who) that Bradley is landing more in round 7. Then compubox numbers come up, and they just decide to roll with it and take their original comment back.

I urge all of you to rewatch it. All the so called landed shots for Pac were not all there. Hit glove and air a lot, and tried to win the fight in the last few seconds of each round.

I had Bradley winning rounds 1, 2, 7, 8, 9 and 12. I thought 5 and 11 were too close to call, and the rest went to Manny.

no idea how you can give round 2 to Bradely, absolute rubish, even if you give him points for those stupid body shots he landed at 2:17 in the clinch which the dumb ref didnt break..
even the right the commentators called bradely landed was blocked.
pac landed number lefts all round..
**** compubox, **** the commentators, **** the fact bradely got no power. Pac simply outboxed him , not even close.

when the biggest pac hater on earth Mayweather Sr says "“whoever these judges was, they need to find a new job.” you know who won the fight

this was a 10x bigger robbery than pac marquez 3

now Arum has come out and said Bradely said to Arum after the fight in the ring "bob i gave it my all i just couldnt beat the guy"

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I watched the fight for the first time last night and seriously if anyone thinks Bradley won that fight, they clearly have no idea. All his punches hit Manny's Gloves and although i would give Bradley the last few rounds (just) he was made to look 2nd rate against pacman throughout the first 8-9 rounds. To win a title (as the challenger) you either have to knock them out or totally dominate your opponent. Bradley did neither. You just don't hand over titles without the challenger doing more than enough to get the belt. Boxing is dead to me..........

If you think Bradley won the fight. Then to quote Roger Mayweather below 'You dont know sh*t about boxing' (No offense to anyone in the thread to anyone who picked Bradley)

Watched the fight live and had Manny winning 9-3, rewatched it again and had it Manny 8-4(thats being generous in giving Bradley rounds as well). There's just no way Bradley clearly won 7 rounds. Considering Manny was the champion and Bradley the challenger, i can't see Bradley clearly winning 7 rounds decisively. Manny landed the cleaner harder shots, if you're talking ring generalship also, Manny was pushing the fight with Bradley on the back foot most the time. Good article below showing all the ringside media's scores. 50 had it for Pacquiao and 3 had it for bradley. Not sure who's payroll Bryan Kenny is on to have the fight 116-112 for Bradley. Thats giving Pac man 4 rounds? Come on now.

http://www.csnbayarea.com/fight-spo...-media-disagrees-i?blockID=722544&feedID=2539

Another interesting video from the post fight. You can hear on the mic, Bradley in his corner talking about a potential Mayweather v Pacquiao fight. If Bradley truly thought he won, would they be talking about this? I think the mentality of the convo is, 'yeah i just lost to this guy, i don't think he's good enough to beat mayweather tho' sorta thing. Anyways i thought it was interesting.

Another interesting video from the post fight. You can hear on the mic, Bradley in his corner talking about a potential Mayweather v Pacquiao fight. If Bradley truly thought he won, would they be talking about this? I think the mentality of the convo is, 'yeah i just lost to this guy, i don't think he's good enough to beat mayweather tho' sorta thing. Anyways i thought it was interesting.

good find, he says 'mayweather will never stop him' implying that mayweather wont be able to do as well against pacquiao as he did.

i agree with him aswell there is almost %0 chance mayweather will stop pacquiao..he just doesnt have the power combined with his wrist problems combined with manny's chin, but there is a good chance that mayweather gives him a boxing lesson.

if it ever happens its gonna be a classic boxer vs brawler and a controversial decision ala Pernell Whitaker Vs Julio Cesar Chavez, obviously with stances switched manny being the southpaw and floyd the orthodox. Will the judges favor the aggresor or will they favor the jab.

anyway back on topic, i hope judges Duane Ford and C.J. Ross have written a new CV cause their gonna be looking for new jobs, absolutely disgraceful for the sport.

Bob Arum just deflecting blame by requesting an investigation. If he was that pissed off with the decision he wouldn't be boasting about how much he'd make on the rematch. He also wouldn't have been smiling and hugging Bradley after the fight. He would've been ranting and raving inside the ring.

"Something like this is so outlandish, it's a death knell for the sport," he said. "This is f------ nuts. I have both guys, and I'll make a lot of money in the rematch, but it's ridiculous. You have these old f---- who don't know what the hell they're looking at. It's incompetence. Nobody who knows anything about boxing could have Bradley ahead in the fight."

He acts like he didn't promote the fight and had nothing to do with any of organising. He would've chosen those "old f----" to judge the fight. He's an old f--- himself! Dumbass. When he dies boxing will become good again

Mayweather will never stop him? Not what I heard.
Sounded like 'Mayweather will never stop'.

As for the Floyd vs Manny discussion, let's be real. Manny struggles against JMM who is basically a poor man's version of Floyd. Floyd would pick Manny apart and make him look stupid. There is a reason Arum has been holding all negotiations up. He did a good job of making it look all on Floyd, which in essence isn't hard to do considering how publicly hated he is. And for no good reason really.

no idea how you can give round 2 to Bradely, absolute rubish, even if you give him points for those stupid body shots he landed at 2:17 in the clinch which the dumb ref didnt break..
even the right the commentators called bradely landed was blocked.
pac landed number lefts all round..
**** compubox, **** the commentators, **** the fact bradely got no power. Pac simply outboxed him , not even close.

when the biggest pac hater on earth Mayweather Sr says "“whoever these judges was, they need to find a new job.” you know who won the fight

this was a 10x bigger robbery than pac marquez 3

now Arum has come out and said Bradely said to Arum after the fight in the ring "bob i gave it my all i just couldnt beat the guy"

http://www.worldstarhiphop.com/videos/video.php?v=wshhA3T135YUcXkOqtPX

Watch this video and tell me Pac won the fight.

I'm so glad someone took the time to make this because I clearly couldn't be assed. But it proves my point and my analysis of the fight perfectly.

Bradley won the fight.

http://www.worldstarhiphop.com/videos/video.php?v=wshhA3T135YUcXkOqtPX

Watch this video and tell me Pac won the fight.

I'm so glad someone took the time to make this because I clearly couldn't be assed. But it proves my point and my analysis of the fight perfectly.

Bradley won the fight.

It doesn't take a genius to know that HBO have been riding Pacquiao's dick for years and they have absolutely no clue what is actually happening inside the ring. Lampley is the shittest commentator in the world with that Batman shit, "BOOM! POW! PACQUIAO!! ZONK! KABLAM! ANOTHER LEFT HAND! ZORT!"

It doesn't take a genius to know that HBO have been riding Pacquiao's dick for years and they have absolutely no clue what is actually happening inside the ring. Lampley is the shittest commentator in the world with that Batman shit, "BOOM! POW! PACQUIAO!! ZONK! KABLAM! ANOTHER LEFT HAND! ZORT!"

I've known this for a while, but you'd think you could at least count on them to know which hand is punching and if it is actually landing.

Here is a youtube link of the same video for people who find issues with the other link.

I've known this for a while, but you'd think you could at least count on them to know which hand is punching and if it is actually landing.

Here is a youtube link of the same video for people who find issues with the other link.

Na not doubting your knowledge was more saying that in general. Lampley calls out whatever punches are thrown. "BIG LEFT HOOK FROM GATTI, BIG LEFT HOOK FROM WARD" (even if though both missed/were blocked). Can't stand it.

If we got to hear a guy like Teddy Atlas call a ppv fight it'd be a godsend. I've watched a lot of fights he's called, and the way he analyses fights is amazing. He can see things in the ring that the casual viewer wouldn't even think about noticing. Like what kind of punch a boxer is looking to throw, why he hasn't thrown it, what changes are happening from round to round. It's truly amazing how much Atlas sees in a fight.

But I can only shake my head at HBO. When they had Roy Jones he could see what was happening, same as Kellerman, but Steward, Lampley, Merchant and Lederman are extremely biased and often call what they want to see or what they expect to see. There's probably a whole bunch of examples in the Bradley fight where they said a shot from Bradley landed after it missed also, but it would be less frequent with them always on Manny's dick.

See below (a little long, but not bad to just listen too while you do something else on the comp). This is after Pacquiao-Marquez III

Remove this Banner Ad

Boxing The General Boxing Discussion Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Back