Boxing The General Boxing Discussion Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

So that Turki wants a league after he buys all the promotions. Top 15 fighters from every weight class, under 1 banner

It sounds nice in theory but fighters could easily rack up 5 big wins and not get title shots under that banner and will be hard to build new stars unless they rotate blokes in/out every 12 months...

Other thing fighters will hate is having a grueling 12 rounder then be expected to fight another gun in 3-6 months time. No tune-ups/soft mandatories which is good but mandatory does give guys their shot who otherwise get forgotten much of the time...

Ok so apparently Tim Tszyu is fighting for the world title in September, either Sydney or Gold Coast. More interestingly for my gym apparently our boy Joel Taylor is fighting Rolly Romero on the card! Big step up for Joel, beating Romero would be an absolute game changer. Good timing too, three months for a camp, would love to see him get up.

Ok so apparently Tim Tszyu is fighting for the world title in September, either Sydney or Gold Coast. More interestingly for my gym apparently our boy Joel Taylor is fighting Rolly Romero on the card! Big step up for Joel, beating Romero would be an absolute game changer. Good timing too, three months for a camp, would love to see him get up.
Jesus, how's Taylor got that fight?! Rolly is obviously nothing special but a massive name to propel him upwards. Huge opportunity

Who's Tim fighting? Must be that Uzbek as Fondura Spence is on isn't it?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

& apparently Loma v Tank is next

Tank loses rounds but could end it with one punch. I think Loma outboxes him for 9 rounds before he takes a big shot which changes the fight...

Jesus, how's Taylor got that fight?! Rolly is obviously nothing special but a massive name to propel him upwards. Huge opportunity

Who's Tim fighting? Must be that Uzbek as Fondura Spence is on isn't it?

I have no idea, his trainer just told me as I was leaving the gym this morning. Romero is coming off a loss, looking to pick someone off, Taylor is a come forward fighter and he probably fancies his chances of KOing him. Don't know which promoter Romero is with but maybe they have a relationship with No Limit.

They wouldn't say who Tim Tszyu is fighting yet, yeah I though Fundora was fighting Spence as well. Who the Uzbek bloke you're talking about?

& apparently Loma v Tank is next

Tank loses rounds but could end it with one punch. I think Loma outboxes him for 9 rounds before he takes a big shot which changes the fight...

I love this fight, I really want to see how good Tank is, I think hes the best in the world in that weight class, we havent seen him fight enough of the elite to prove it yet, Loma would be a great test.

I have no idea, his trainer just told me as I was leaving the gym this morning. Romero is coming off a loss, looking to pick someone off, Taylor is a come forward fighter and he probably fancies his chances of KOing him. Don't know which promoter Romero is with but maybe they have a relationship with No Limit.

They wouldn't say who Tim Tszyu is fighting yet, yeah I though Fundora was fighting Spence as well. Who the Uzbek bloke you're talking about?

I love this fight, I really want to see how good Tank is, I think hes the best in the world in that weight class, we havent seen him fight enough of the elite to prove it yet, Loma would be a great test.
Sorry he's Russian, not Uzbek - Bakhram Murtazaliev. It has to be him or Fondura though (unless they do an interim) as Madrimov (the other champ) is fighting Crawford. Interim not really needed either, the champs are active enough...

Yeah I love Loma, I'll be betting him against Tank assuming he's a decent sized underdog, but perhaps I'm blinded by fandom haha

Sorry he's Russian, not Uzbek - Bakhram Murtazaliev. It has to be him or Fondura though (unless they do an interim) as Madrimov (the other champ) is fighting Crawford. Interim not really needed either, the champs are active enough...

Yeah I love Loma, I'll be betting him against Tank assuming he's a decent sized underdog, but perhaps I'm blinded by fandom haha

There's a market for Davis v Loma, Tank 1.48 and Loma 2.90. I expect Tank to get it done, he's never fought anyone as good as Loma though, we'll see, **** I hope it happens

Bam v Estrada should start after UFC finishes today, tremendous. Unfortunately UFC main event will clash with Teo/Claggett by the looks

We're riding with Team Claggett today. I need some landscaping done so hoping he pays for it winning a decision!

Remove this Banner Ad

Back