Boxing The General Boxing Discussion Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

I had high hopes at the end of the 1st that it was going to be a cracker. Both guys were throwing some seriously heavy hands.

But Tim's tendency to try walk through everything was bound to catch up with him eventually at the higher levels I guess.

Far out mate, he's not in a coma or anything. He fought a bad fight, got chinned early and never recovered. Would you have been retiring his dad after losing to Phillips back in the day too and having us miss out on a unified champion?
He was destroyed and well out of his depth, he didn't have bad gastro like his dad against Phillips and made a successful comeback. Nope, Tim has suffered a terrible defeat that could be career ending, certainly he is no longer in any contention for any World Title belts, he needs 12 months off and a lot of work on the defensive side of his technique.

He was destroyed and well out of his depth, he didn't have bad gastro like his dad against Phillips and made a successful comeback. Nope, Tim has suffered a terrible defeat that could be career ending, certainly he is no longer in any contention for any World Title belts, he needs 12 months off and a lot of work on the defensive side of his technique.

He's not a defensive fighter, same issue that caught up with his old man.

He might come back but he probably won't be the same fighter. That was a beating and a half.

Depends what route he takes, Tsyzu's team thought he was elite and many did including myself.. this probably shows he isn't elite so if he goes back to some big domestic fights he'll get back winning but if he keeps going after the best he'll probably lose a few more.

He will definitely fight again but whether or not he should is another thing. You don't recover easily from 4 knockdowns plus being wobbled multiple times as well. AJ is about to find that out in February too

I just can't see how his punch resistance will hold up moving forward.

Remove this Banner Ad

Boxing The General Boxing Discussion Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Back