Boxing The General Boxing Discussion Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Pre fight they said they were doing a Christmas card for Tim to show case his new belt in Australia, it wasn't planned after the flogging, they wouldn't do that lol.

Tim has never previously been in serious danger in a fight so I'm ok with his team letting him fight on abit longer.. its not at Rushton / Horn levels as of yet.. Rushton let Horn take some serious beatings lol

You would think Tsyzu has to take a minimum 6-8 months off now before another camp, if he rushes back against Zerafa after that beating Zerafa will KO him.

I was about to reject that but yeh, anything can happen in boxing.

I think that was there plan pre fight, they seen this as a easy win and had already planned Tim's next fights, goes to show never overlook your opponent.

His manager said today thats highly unlikely now, if they do a card it'll probably have Nikita as the Main Event now I would think, Tim would have no punch resistance if he fought 2 months after that beating.

Thank **** for that, irresponsible if he gets in the ring within 12 months I think, I'm no doctor of course but I reckon most would agree.
Tim has never previously been in serious danger in a fight so I'm ok with his team letting him fight on abit longer.. its not at Rushton / Horn levels as of yet.. Rushton let Horn take some serious beatings lol

I mean he was in trouble against Fundora of course. But yeah it's a tough balance, you have to give your guy a chance, particularly if it's an IBF belt and Tim had his moments. That's why you don't want to be a trainer, you need to make some tough decisions.

And agreed on Rushton, the Pacquiao fight should have been stopped in the 9th or thereabouts, Pac had him staggering, ordinary stuff (and Pac won FWIW)

I mean he was in trouble against Fundora of course. But yeah it's a tough balance, you have to give your guy a chance, particularly if it's an IBF belt and Tim had his moments. That's why you don't want to be a trainer, you need to make some tough decisions.

And agreed on Rushton, the Pacquiao fight should have been stopped in the 9th or thereabouts, Pac had him staggering, ordinary stuff (and Pac won FWIW)

It was actually Nikita that ended up throwing the towel in, the fight was effectively over after the first knockdown, that was a flush left hook right on the chin.. effectively the same as the AJ fight.

Tim has only himself to blame though he listened to the hype and overlooked his opponent, he should have been defensively aware and eased into the fight, it was like they thought they'd blow right through Bakhram.

TBH I'd never heard of Bakham, I looked at the odds and Tim was paying $1.12 and then Bakhram's resume and only 2 previous opponents had a wiki page which indicates majority of the resume are bums so I thought it'd be easy work for Tim.

It was actually Nikita that ended up throwing the towel in, the fight was effectively over after the first knockdown, that was a flush left hook right on the chin.. effectively the same as the AJ fight.

Tim has only himself to blame though he listened to the hype and overlooked his opponent, he should have been defensively aware and eased into the fight, it was like they thought they'd blow right through Bakhram.

TBH I'd never heard of Bakham, I looked at the odds and Tim was paying $1.12 and then Bakhram's resume and only 2 previ opponents had a wiki page which indicates majority of the resume are bums so I thought it'd be easy work for Tim.

Is that right? I actually didn't see who threw it, but fair enough.

A professional corner would have said there fighter is blind from blood after R3 and took the No Contest.

Agree with that, I couldn't believe they didn't take the NC, I think they were hoping he'd win like a boss while pissing blood.

If Tim Tszyu wins his IBF super-welterweight showdown against Bakhram Murtazaliev this weekend in Florida, the boxing superstar's next bout will potentially be on Australian soil.

And Tszyu won't have to wait long - his promoters No Limit want to stage the fight on December 29 this year.

'If Tim can win the world title, we are definitely looking for a big Australian homecoming before the end of the year,' No Limit boss Matt Rose told News Corp.

Planning a fight 8 weeks from now pre-fight is pretty arrogant by No Limit and Tim's team lol

Psychologically ,it’ll take a massive effort to get back to the standing he held in boxing before this fight
Massive mountain to climb again for Tim.

Hats off to Murtazaliev. Knew very little about him. Look forward to watching him again though. A fight against my man Terence Crawford could be on the cards next year.

Remove this Banner Ad

Boxing The General Boxing Discussion Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Back