Travel The General Discussion travel thread.

Remove this Banner Ad

The YouTube video below does a good job of covering the track:

We didn't get too many pictures of the area unfortunately, too busy being rescued and it was foggy/raining all day so low visibility.

Looks a tough track .
Maybe try something abit easier šŸ˜† šŸ¤£.
Is there going to a next time?

Looks a tough track .
Maybe try something abit easier šŸ˜† šŸ¤£.
Is there going to a next time?

Yeah we usually stick to easier stuff and didn't realise that out of the six peaks for the Cathedral Ranges this is comfortably the toughest track. Will definitely go back and visit again at some stage, and keen to give the trail a crack again on a sunny day once the competence levels are up!

Went Wentworth Falls today worth the trip.
Bondi tomorrow on the cards .
I grew up in Wentworth Falls, later Blackheath. I love the Blue Mountains. So expensive these days though. The house in Blackheath my dad built for $60,000 was on sale last year for over a million.

I grew up in Wentworth Falls, later Blackheath. I love the Blue Mountains. So expensive these days though. The house in Blackheath my dad built for $60,000 was on sale last year for over a million.
I see what you mean about the property prices in both of those place where you lived. Pity your dad didn't buy a few blocks at the time.

It doesn't matter where you go houses are super expensive.
Was down Bondi,Bronte,Coggee way the other day..coastal walk there is very good.
Busy tho..

Went camping in the Cathederal Ranges at the weekend and attempted the Sugarloaf Peak via Wells Cave Track.

I say attempted because my companion and I got stuck and had to be rescued by the SES, CFA and Vic Pol as it's a one way track. The track involves bouldering and cliff scrambling, which neither of us are super experienced with but decided to tackle. Made it up the first cliff, then a bit further down the track hit another cliff which, given our limited skills and the wet weather, it wasn't safe to proceed without risking serious injury.

From initial 000 call to rescue finalisation was about five hours, they had to get a ropes team out abseil us back down the cliff we'd climbed on the way up. Pretty damn embarrassing and a good reminder not to overestimate your skill and underestimate the affect the weather has on your plans.

Asides from that was a very enjoyable weekend away.
Geez Ash Iā€™m glad you guys are okay

Will prob take another couple weeks off later in the year once footy is over.
Unsure where to go.
Tassie again...then where in Tassie.? Ummm.
grampians..like that too.
I like bright too.

Edit .
Bright and mount buffalo Nat park ...looks like a place I like to go too.

Last edited:
I wish more people would post in here.
Would be nice to places and pics where people go.

I been looking at my next Tassie adventures.

Mount Anne.
Mount Picton.
Harzt peak .

Etc.

First 2 meant to be hard ...I think I'll be up to it..
I will be working as a travel consultant from the middle of October, so I am also keen to hear about where people are traveling to and their experiences (good and bad)

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I will be working as a travel consultant from the middle of October, so I am also keen to hear about where people are traveling to and their experiences (good and bad)

I have Japan, Kuala Lumpur and Singapore at the end of the year.

Looking forward to see just how fed up the Japanese are with tourists.

Good job , look at you go, well done .šŸ‘

I haven't been over seas for ages .
But happy to travel around Australia šŸ¦˜.

In Oz since the start of last year been to.

Perth.
Wilson prom.
Tassie.
Sydney.

Next place likely to be Bright in Vic.

Was looking at mountains and hikes in Tassie for next time.

I'm going to Sydney for the first time next month.

I have been to every other major Australian city but for some reason never got around to going to Sydney until now.
Have fun.

We stayed in Bondi junction was really easy to get around .
Was in Sydney when vivid was on.

Never been to Darwin or Brisbane

Attachments

• GetImage.png
    GetImage.png
    1.1 MB · Views: 2
Travelling to Hobart for the first time in January, in particular Launceston first (already have plans with friends there) then about three days by myself in Hobart. Note this is during the week so no Salamanca Markets on the weekend unfortunately. Any recommendations for must do's? I have pencilled in Port Arthur.

Travelling to Hobart for the first time in January, in particular Launceston first (already have plans with friends there) then about three days by myself. Note this is during the week so no Salamanca Markets on the weekend unfortunately. Any recommendations for must do's? I have pencilled in Port Arthur.
The gorge in Launceston worth a look.

Port Arthur.
I was in the area last year. Eaglehawk.

Tessellated pavement.
Remarkable cave.
Devils kitchen etc.
Mango in lookout .

I did a cruise to Tasman island seen seals and whales i would recommended that šŸ‘
If your keen on hiking cape Raoul a good hike .

I'm going to Sydney for the first time next month.

I have been to every other major Australian city but for some reason never got around to going to Sydney until now.
Hit me up if you want suggestions. Originally from Melbourne but living here for 20 years have entertained countless interstate and international visitors.

Hit me up if you want suggestions. Originally from Melbourne but living here for 20 years have entertained countless interstate and international visitors.

Just back from there few weeks back.

Maybe we could of done with some Goon travel guide šŸ¤£.

We did .
Footy @ SCG .
Bondi,bonte ,Coogee walks.
Bridge climb and Vivid at the rocks .
Manly Cruise.
All round the gardens and ophra house.

Did cocktoo island and Zoo and all other ferry rides last time .

Was interested in going to cake layer rocks and where MIB 2 was filmed..
But didn't get there.

Ten weeks today til Europe!
Happy Beer GIF by German Kraft

Remove this Banner Ad

Travel The General Discussion travel thread.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back