Travel The General Discussion travel thread.

Remove this Banner Ad

Booked our Superbowl trip for next year šŸ™ŒšŸ™Œ.
New Orleans, Vegas, New York.

But we are torn between driving from Vegas to Texas, or to Tennessee.

I want Texas for the Eats, but my mates super keen to see Nashville. If anyone has feedback on the two that would be great.

I want Texas for the Eats, but my mates super keen to see Nashville. If anyone has feedback on the two that would be great.
Where in Texas are you thinking? Austin is brilliant.

Best road trip we did in the US was a few days in New Orleans then a one way car rental to LA, finding accommodation on the fly.

There are options on the route but we took in Baton Rouge, Galveston, Houston, Austin, San Antonio (the Alamo), (then a big load of nothing in the SW of Texas), El Paso/Cuidad Juarez, White Sands national park, Tombstone (OK Corral), Tucson, Phoenix, Grand Canyon, Las Vegas, Hoover Dam.

Who did you get your Superbowl tickets through if you don't mind me asking?

Tough decision, I really liked Nashville over anything I visited in Texas (Austin,Dallas,FW)

But the drive to Texas would probably be more interesting than the drive to Tennessee.

Who did you get your Superbowl tickets through if you don't mind me asking?

Tough decision, I really liked Nashville over anything I visited in Texas (Austin,Dallas,FW)

But the drive to Texas would probably be more interesting than the drive to Tennessee.
We booked through Onlocation.... they seem to be the ticket supplier as they are advertised on the superdomes website and NFL.

Reviews werent great, and probably overpriced for the package, but seems the best way to secure a ticket.

Yeah I reckon the drive to Texas will be amazing. It's an ongoing argument lol, I'm really keen on Texas BBq lol

We booked through Onlocation.... they seem to be the ticket supplier as they are advertised on the superdomes website and NFL.

Reviews werent great, and probably overpriced for the package, but seems the best way to secure a ticket.

Yeah I reckon the drive to Texas will be amazing. It's an ongoing argument lol, I'm really keen on Texas BBq lol

If you were are on your own I would say Nashville is the better option.

As a solo traveller I found places in Texas to get boring fairly quickly if you have no one else to hang out with but Austin is a great place if you are hanging out with mates.

The drive from New Orleans to Texas is fun. Austin is a real mixture. Avoid the student areas and head for 6th Street where you can see world class bands for free. We went to a rodeo which included a free BBQ.

One option would be to drive to Texas then fly to Nashville.

The drive from New Orleans to Texas is fun. Austin is a real mixture. Avoid the student areas and head for 6th Street where you can see world class bands for free. We went to a rodeo which included a free BBQ.

One option would be to drive to Texas then fly to Nashville.
So we are doing NY (3 Nights) to start. Then Flying to N.O (3 nights). Fly to Vegas (4 nights) and then driving from Vegas to Texas/Nashville. Trying to hit Route 66.

Remove this Banner Ad

Travel The General Discussion travel thread.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back