Travel The General Discussion travel thread.

Remove this Banner Ad

Japan?

Missus and I went for 10 days only earlier this month. If you can stomach a 9 hour flight either side then it could be well worth it to hit Tokyo and Kyoto. I absolutely loved Japan and would've loved to have stayed far longer.

Japan?

Missus and I went for 10 days only earlier this month. If you can stomach a 9 hour flight either side then it could be well worth it to hit Tokyo and Kyoto. I absolutely loved Japan and would've loved to have stayed far longer.
Post some pics if ya want.

Definitely one of my favourite places in the world to walk around. Exceptionally clean, organised, and safe.

Food absolutely unreal. Worth it for that alone.

View attachment 2130703View attachment 2130704View attachment 2130705View attachment 2130707View attachment 2130708View attachment 2130710

Very nice.
nice wow wow wee wow GIF

Japan?

How was Hiroshima?

How was Hiroshima?
Hits pretty hard. Incredible experience that I implore any person to have - gives an enormous amount of perspective. I'm a history man so it's something I'm pretty well-read on the entire subject. Also only 90 minutes on the Shinkansen from Osaka, so really accessible for a day trip.

I've now completed the quartet of dark history tourism - Auschwitz, Hiroshima, the Killing Fields in Cambodia and the 9/11 memorial hahahaha

I've got a week off over cup week.

I've never been overseas for what it's worth but I do have a passport. I'm thinking doing a trip across the ditch to Auckland to get the travel juices flowing.

Japan?

My mate did the trip to Tokyo with Qantas with thier clapped out A330s. Liked the country but didn't rate the planes.

I've got a week off over cup week.

I've never been overseas for what it's worth but I do have a passport. I'm thinking doing a trip across the ditch to Auckland to get the travel juices flowing.

Sounds like a good trip.
Look out for jake the Muss.

I don't know what's better north or south Island.

Auschwitz and Birkenau yesterday.

View attachment 2137269

View attachment 2137271

View attachment 2137274

What humans can do to each other eh?

As Janusz Bardach said, "Man is wolf to man".

We did a tour of the Sachsenhausen concentration camp near Berlin and we got busted for smoking cigarettes there.

There was a holocaust museum there which was too heavy for us so we went for a smoko and this woman there told us off.

She said we were being disrespectful, of all the atrocities that were committed there surely smoking was way down on the list.

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Remove this Banner Ad

Travel The General Discussion travel thread.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back