news The General MMA & Combat Sports Discussion Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

I love Matt Serra! He's such a great personality with a great mind for MMA. He is a natural coach too, he will always spend time to train other fighters no matter what level they're at. How can you not love that guy?!

Oh, and he also hates Matt Hughes so that's another reason to love him.

Don't remember hearing anyone say anything bad about Serra on this board. I thought he was great on season 4 of TUF taking on a coaching role with his team and chewing out Laimon when he was ridiculing Royce's loss to Hughes (his line was something along the lines of "you're like a world class swimmer who's never been in a pool"). The season he coached opposite Hughes was even funnier!

Oh, and he also hates Matt Hughes so that's another reason to love him.
Wait, that would suggest their is some that don't.

This world. :drunk:

Think I stumbled across an old thread before i posted a bit more here, of which none of the posters seem to be be around anymore....carry on :)

Think he's equally good for the lulz as he is for the techical aspect

Is it worth watching the old TUF's by the sounds of it less fighting on the new ones these days?

TBH don't mind the current season.

Think I stumbled across an old thread before i posted a bit more here, of which none of the posters seem to be be around anymore....carry on :)

Think he's equally good for the lulz as he is for the techical aspect

Is it worth watching the old TUF's by the sounds of it less fighting on the new ones these days?

TBH don't mind the current season.
Definitely check out the older TUF seasons. If you haven't seen the very first one then should go and do it.

The Jones/Sonnen and GSP/Koschek seasons were pretty good. Also season 5 which had Nate Diaz and a lot of quality fights throughout the season.

PVT came runner up on Dancing With The Stars. I think that I speak for all of us when I say, well done, Paige. Your number one fan, phantom13 congratulates you on a worthwhile and meaningful career choice.

:D
So, of all the losers she finished first.

Just like her last fight.

So, of all the losers she finished first.

Just like her last fight.

black-kid-oh-snap.gif

etRTnCZwStSJlpzRRV9WwPRHZng1KcZq1vXhpCO0S3RxAUlRaUMG03oq67NK5SDqVbXd0ppRBQqG9n9l=w357-h296-nc

Hopefully no more of the MMA news sites/social medias flogging this crap to death

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Good interview with Nate Diaz on The MMA Hour overnight. Obviously there is a language warning, but I'm not surprised motherf**kers.

"Who's Denis Siver? Is even ranked or something" :D

First time I've listened to Ariel outside of pressers, was a good listen and of course Nate being Nate. Completely converted Diaz fan :hearts:

The MMA Beat talked about how intelligent Nate was in that interview, it's hard not to like him.

Was good to hear him getting his point across that fighters need to be a bit more forthright for a decent pay day, not because of the lifestyle but simply for all the hard work they put in as fighters, or as he said 'reimbursed'.

Listening talking about his boxing as well was good and everything he said was bang on and no bullshit.

Sounds funny typing it, but he's actually a pretty switched on, chilled, honest straight forward but confident guy.

Such an enigma, but no surprise his popularity has skyrocketed.

Glad he's trying to squeeze them for everything they've got to because he certainly deserves it.

Actually went back and watch ep 3 of TUF cant get on with the reality but the fight was ok might watch the fights this season

This season? They've been ok. Skip episode 6 though, underwhelming fight. Next weeks fight with the women looks good tho from the 2 sec preview.

This season? They've been ok. Skip episode 6 though, underwhelming fight. Next weeks fight with the women looks good tho from the 2 sec preview.
Yeah Upto date now, just watched the fight though. Don't think the fight was terrible just that type of style I'm enjoying that battle on the ground more recently.

Yeah Upto date now, just watched the fight though. Don't think the fight was terrible just that type of style I'm enjoying that battle on the ground more recently.

I know Dana cares more about business than the sport, but he was right though, should have a bit more aggressive looking for the finish rather than grinding out the win against a guy he had much more experience than.

Remove this Banner Ad

news The General MMA & Combat Sports Discussion Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Back