news The General MMA & Combat Sports Discussion Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Yes it’s rediculous in itself to retain the interim belt.

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

It’s especially shit given from what I can tell, Aspinall is a good dude, great martial artist and genuinely seems to want to fight the best and see how good he is, there’s a lot of Whittaker about him

I agree Aspinall is the best and should be champ but the UFC didn't make him defend the interim, he could have sat and waited for his shot but he wanted to get paid and fair enough too
I’m willing to bet they’d have stripped him at some point well before they’d strip Bones.

I’m willing to bet they’d have stripped him at some point well before they’d strip Bones.
Maybe, think you also get PPV points as an interim so it's almost doing him a favour aside from not letting him fight Jones

That’s a real stretch imo.

Just make Jones ****ing fight or strip him.
Not a stretch. They're making the Jones fight whether people like it or not. By making him interim he makes more money it's pretty simple.
Everyone an their dog knows he should be the real champ but this is literally the next best thing for him

Not a stretch. They're making the Jones fight whether people like it or not. By making him interim he makes more money it's pretty simple.
Everyone an their dog knows he should be the real champ but this is literally the next best thing for him
You know what would make him more money.
Fighting Jones (which he’s earnt) or fighting as the undisputed champ (which he’s also argurably earnt).

I see your point I just think it’s taking the most favourabke angle for the ufc (who in reality are profiting off having an interim champ doing the work and Jones as undisputed doing **** all).

You know what would make him more money.
Fighting Jones (which he’s earnt) or fighting as the undisputed champ (which he’s also argurably earnt).

I see your point I just think it’s taking the most favourabke angle for the ufc (who in reality are profiting off having an interim champ doing the work and Jones as undisputed doing **** all).
I agreed Aspinall should be fighting for the title my point was fighting for the interim is the next best thing.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Stipe is the one who should be getting shit for not fighting instead of the injured Jones

The issue is the UFC putting an interim belt on the line in Aspinall v Pav just to try and save a ppv card when they had no intention of that interim fight winner getting Jones in his next fight. It has made a complete mess of the top end of the division

Last edited:
Stipe is the one who should be getting shit for not fighting instead of the injured Jones

The issue is the UFC putting an interim belt on the line in Aspinall v Pav just to try and save a ppv card when they had no intention of that interim fight winner getting Jones in his next fight. It has made a complete mess of the top end of the division
Jones has been injured or provisionally suspended or preparing in some form for all but about 3 months in the last 5 years.

He won the title near enough to 18 months ago now.

Whatever the reason that length of inactivity for a champion isn’t acceptable.

Jones has been injured or provisionally suspended or preparing in some form for all but about 3 months in the last 5 years.

He won the title near enough to 18 months ago now.

Whatever the reason that length of inactivity for a champion isn’t acceptable.
Different rules for the goat.

The thing is the UFC want Jones to beat Stipe and then he'll retire as this almighty god when in reality he'd probably lose to Aspinall, Pav and Blaydes.. not to mention a couple others.. he was struggling to win his last LHW fights 4 years ago.

That's not on Stipe though thats on Jone's biggest fan boy Dana... the mess could have been avoided by now if he enforced Stipe v Aspinall while Jones is out injured.

Remove this Banner Ad

news The General MMA & Combat Sports Discussion Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Back