news The General MMA & Combat Sports Discussion Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Aspinall would KO Stipe in R1 and then Aspinall v Jones could be booked and my bet is Jones would retire.
Would love if they forced Jones hand into deciding on one more pay day at the risk of an L on his record. If he decides to retire he acknowledges to all he was looking for an easy fight to try and claim GOAT HW status and that Tom would beat him.

Hate Jones but if give him mad props if he put it all on the line and took the Aspinall fight, win or lose.

Max, Volk or Pereira wouldn't even need thinking music before they took the fight in a similar position.

Late October card shaping extremely well. Only downfall- from Abu Dhabi (crap time).
Scroll across

Interesting that they've booked a fight for Magomedov, i thought he was a shoo in to fight Pereira next

I wonder if they're thinking ahead to Jones/ Stipe's inevitable retirement and saving Pereira for a shot at the heavyweight belt against Aspinall

I know alot of it's timing and opponents but pretty crazy that theirs Australia card and none of Volk, Rob or JDM are on it. 3 biggest Australian stars outside of Tai
what happens to tai if he gets stopped again on this card

Thats 5 stoppage loses in a row if it happens

Late October card shaping extremely well. Only downfall- from Abu Dhabi (crap time).
Scroll across

If Max wins this the only possible outcome should be Volk to face Max. Can't have the champ not fighting against the person who defeated him three times in title fights.

BKFC comes calling
I actually thought that myself

He is built for that I reckon. Could cash out and get a good pay check rather than tarnish his value further in the UFC

I actually thought that myself

He is built for that I reckon. Could cash out and get a good pay check rather than tarnish his value further in the UFC
Tais just too short for this new generation of heavyweights. Sure he can still be in entertaining fights but he's so high up the rankings now he's not just fighting fat blokes that swing.
The guy can punch, he's just not elite. He'd be a menace without gloves though

Tais just too short for this new generation of heavyweights. Sure he can still be in entertaining fights but he's so high up the rankings now he's not just fighting fat blokes that swing.
The guy can punch, he's just not elite. He'd be a menace without gloves though
HW version of Perry

Will just step forward and happy to eat a couple to throw a few

(Log in to remove this ad.)

If he still sells, the UFC will stick with him. If not, yeah BKFC you'd think would be on the phone. That'd be scary.
does he really sell though?

I mean he is an enjoyable character and loved by the Aussies, but how about outside our shores>?

what happens to tai if he gets stopped again on this card

Thats 5 stoppage loses in a row if it happens

If he loses to a bloke that is 5-5 in his last 10 its time to give it up... the guy has zero game, its just a slug fest and his too fat to do anything on the ground or get back up.

Massive
f1e87ccd28b291da3132fde11da01363.jpg

Sent from my SM-S908E using Tapatalk

Oscars comment on Dena 'he belts his wife in public and his mum writes a book about how shit a person he is sums him up'

Hard to argue against that

Sent from my SM-S908E using Tapatalk

UFC say "no thank you" to Ankalaev

It's weird but Ankalaev apparently only wants to fight in Asia right now and Pereria obviously isn't defending it on ankalaevs terms.
Guess they had to find someone? Poatan wants to fight as often as possible.

Remove this Banner Ad

news The General MMA & Combat Sports Discussion Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Back