news The General MMA & Combat Sports Discussion Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Hope Rob gets the W over Chimaev next week. First real MW test for Chimaev. Beat Usman at MW by MD but didn't cover himself with glory from memory.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Is it 5 rounds?
Looks like it is 5 rounds with is good for Rob if it goes into a 4th or 5th. The last time they were booked it was the ME which would have been a 5 rounder.

Looks like it is 5 rounds with is good for Rob if it goes into a 4th or 5th. The last time they were booked it was the ME which would have been a 5 rounder.
If rob can make chimaev work for the first10 mins he'll be a sitting duck thereafter. Has to pressure and land some body work between stuffing TD

I think Rob stops him tbh

If rob can make chimaev work for the first10 mins he'll be a sitting duck thereafter. Has to pressure and land some body work between stuffing TD

I think Rob stops him tbh

Chimaev will gas without the body strikes. Rob makes it past the 2.5 minute mark of round 2 and he gets the KO shortly after. Easier said than done though.

I think Topuria is an out and out star. Max might avoid him for a couple of rounds, but he will definitely have to take some big shots. Wouldn’t be surprised to see Topuria threaten with some takedowns/submissions attempts - but I think he ultimately gets the KO.

It's great to have an event that has more than just 1 or 2 big fights on it again. Though the top 2 here stand out big time, because they are massive. I haven't looked forward to two matchups like this in a long time.

I think we can chalk the DDP fight down to a bad night for Rob, as he's basically been amazing since losing the title to Izzy (including the rematch). It's the perfect test for Khamzat, who looked irresistible in the first round against Usman before fading hard. He seems to have had a good run of health and has been steering clear of Till, so should be at his best. Safe money is with Whittaker, but I'm going back and forth.

I agree that Topuria is a genuine star, and possibly the most well-rounded fighter in the game right now. Common sense says he'll have to stop Max - who hasn't been finished since he 20, and never TKO'd - but with his superior grappling and the 5-round effort he showed against Emmett, he might just have the edge over the distance.

Remove this Banner Ad

news The General MMA & Combat Sports Discussion Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Back