The Great Beat-Up: The Drug Problem at West Coast *MB thread*

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: The Great Beat-Up: The Drug Problem at West Coast

I enjoyed it.

How should I have celebrated?
You could have tried leaving your house, and celebrating with friends.

Getting on the interweb, to write post after post, dredging old threads peppered with abuse, is not high on my list of celebratory techniques. In fact, I doubt high on anyone over the age of 10 and/or sane.

Anyway - am I correct in the assumption you still do not acknowledge your club has a drug problem?

You concede your former captain and leader has a problem.

Kerr undoubtebly has problems.

Fletcher has also had some issues.

Rumours are also circulated about Chick.

Embley has had his issues.

I'd suggest thats fair evidence that there are drug problems at WC that the board is attempting to deal with.

You could have tried leaving your house, and celebrating with friends.

Getting on the interweb, to write post after post, dredging old threads peppered with abuse, is not high on my list of celebratory techniques. In fact, I doubt high on anyone over the age of 10 and/or sane.

Anyway - am I correct in the assumption you still do not acknowledge your club has a drug problem?

:thumbsu: :thumbsu: :thumbsu:

Because you're assuming that these Journalists do not measure up to the standards of journalism that you hold.
They're publishing unconfirmed reports from anonymous sources.

I would be reluctant to do that.

So there are obviously two sets of standards operating here.

Again, you're assuming they do not have proof. How do you know this for fact?
You need to ask some smarter questions.

I'm not assuming anything.

I'm just saying that I haven't seen any real proof, but if it existed, I expect it would have been published.

Statements from people directly involved who do not wish to be named, maybe? You know, the kind of ones that they cannot publish because it would identify the person who made it?
I don't consider that to be proof.

Thats an admission that Ben Cousins had a problem and that there may still be a problem.
Why make stuff up?

Cousins wasn't even mentioned in that statement.

If you're too dumb to understand the details at hand, it's not my problem.

Selective reporting? In what way?
Certain elements are given greater emphasis than others.

"Last week, Mr Gooding said on the record that "a very small minority" of his players have had drug-related problems, and that it is a problem " … we're understanding … more and more every day". "

Now, this is you earlier in the thread denying that your CLUB PRESIDENT has admitted there is a drug problem.
Yeah - where did Gooding use the phrase "drug problem".

Looks like the journalist has paraphrased him again.

Do you not understand the difference between a direct quote and a journalist summarising what someone said? Do I need to explain this to you?

You keep pointing to non-quotes as evidence that Gooding or Worsfold said something they didn't say.

Next time you try this, I'm not going to respond to it. You're either stupid or dishonest.

So what is your magical cut off for admitting your club has a "drug problem" Gunnar? Two, three, four?
That's a matter of opinion, I guess.

How many do you think would be sufficient?

P.S. Your post was too long, especially as you didn't actually make any points. Cut it back in future if you want me to respond.

He's as emphatic as a coach can be.

Just because he's not speaking in absolutes, he must be hiding something?

Those are strong statements. Don't pretend otherwise.
funny that u think it is fine for woosha to dance around the truth with out categorically saying anything..........yet simply because no journailst has a picture of cousins with a needle in his arm u think they dont have any proof

Why is no-one prepared to go on the record?

All these former officials and retired players are apparently concerned enough to talk to the media.

Why aren't they prepared to put their name to their comments?

It's easy to be controversial when no-one knows your name.
boys club, they ignored it for so long and most likely were involved themselves at some stage.........look at the trouble dale lewis caused when he made his comment

funny that u think it is fine for woosha to dance around the truth with out categorically saying anything..........yet simply because no journailst has a picture of cousins with a needle in his arm u think they dont have any proof
Firstly, I don't think Woosha said nothing. I think they were some pretty strong statements.

Secondly, I think if journalists had some real proof, it would have been published. But it hasn't.

boys club, they ignored it for so long and most likely were involved themselves at some stage.........look at the trouble dale lewis caused when he made his comment
So why are they talking to the media at all?

Firstly, I don't think Woosha said nothing. I think they were some pretty strong statements.

Not as strong as "No, Ben Cousins does not have a drug problem, anybody that suggests otherwise will be taken to court"

Secondly, I think if journalists had some real proof, it would have been published. But it hasn't.

Much like if Fletchers medical records prooved it wasn't a drug overdose they would have been released, but they haven't.

Should I be trying to impress with you with how many friends I have?
I'd be far more impressed if you approached any discussion this site, without the seemingly permanently attached blinkers, and the holier than thou tone that you are so kind to grace us with.

And just because you haven't got mates, is no need to get so defensive on the subject, my angry geek friend.

Btw - you ignored my on-topic question ... do you, or do you not believe your club has a drug problem?

bordering, i think, to my knowledge, i hope

they are not strong statements

he just towed the party line

the players are protected by a confidentiality clause, remember when the three names were leaked last year, the newspapers were not allowed to publish names, i guess that means u think that none of those three players took any drugs, as the journalist should have published the results.

So why are they talking to the media at all?
because it is a massive story, involving the biggest name of the premiership winning team, and the story has been building for years as west coast continued to turn a blind eye to his behaviour because of how good a player he is

(Log in to remove this ad.)

They're publishing unconfirmed reports from anonymous sources.

I would be reluctant to do that.

So there are obviously two sets of standards operating here.
It's okay Gunnar. You can admit you're wrong.

Again, I ask you, would these senior journalists go public without being certain that their sources were correct?

You say you wouldn't do it, so I'll assume that these people who work for the MAJOR news outlets of the nation would hold the same journalistic integrity.

I'm just saying that I haven't seen any real proof, but if it existed, I expect it would have been published.
FFS! Is comprehension a problem of yours? AFLPA, private drug testing, third strike THEN public!?

What did the AFL do when Journos tried to publish the names of the three people who already had two strikes against their names?

John Worsfold said:
We are bordering on a club that is totally free from drug use. I believe our club is drug free at the moment but I can't guarantee it."
Cousins wasn't even mentioned in that statement.

If you're too dumb to understand the details at hand, it's not my problem.
Ooooh, he's starting to get cranky now.

Ben Cousins leaves the club to go into rehab ... "We are bordering on a club that is totally free from drug use" And what would've his response been prior to Ben Cousins leaving?

As for the rest, I believe.... at the moment... bordering on... It is not an assurance, it's a fudge. They do not know whether they have gotten rid of all drug takers.

They're sure as hell trying to stamp it out, and I'm sure a number of players have been read the riot act to shape up or ship out. They've taken it onboard and everyone involved in the team has given assurances they're off the stuff (I believe our club is drug free), but it remains to be seen whether some fall off the wagon (but I can't guarentee it)

Yeah - where did Gooding use the phrase "drug problem".

Looks like the journalist has paraphrased him again.

Do you not understand the difference between a direct quote and a journalist summarising what someone said? Do I need to explain this to you?
Of course he f***ing paraphrased him! WHAT DO YOU EXPECT?

Journalist- Mr Gooding, do the West Coast Eagles players have a problem with drugs?

Gooding- A very small minority

He answered the question, ON THE RECORD. When you're interviewing people do you expect them the INCLUDE THE QUESTION YOU ASKED THEM IN THEIR ANSWER? Do you expect him to give away any more than he absolutely HAS TO?

Put your journalist hat on Gunnar.

Gunnar Longshanks- Surely Mr Gooding, sir, there are no West Coast players that could be taking drugs?

Gooding- Well Gunnar, that is a very good question. I must admit that a very small minority of our players are having some problems with drugs... and while we're at it would you like me to name them all just to make sure there is no questioning of the problem we're facing?

Also, note he didn't say "there is one" he said "a very small minority". Is that 2.5%, 5%, 7.5%? Who can say?

You keep pointing to non-quotes as evidence that Gooding or Worsfold said something they didn't say.
Or you just refuse to admit to yourself what West Coast is going through.

Denial- Anger- Bargaining- Depression- Acceptance... you've got a long way to go.

Next time you try this, I'm not going to respond to it. You're either stupid or dishonest.

P.S. Your post was too long, especially as you didn't actually make any points. Cut it back in future if you want me to respond.
You post crap and don't expect me to respond to it? HA!

I can't believe Gunnar Longwanks is still pursuing this.

He must be red raw by now.

His right hand is nearly worn out !!!!:D

He gets off on this ... No one can be this stupid .

WCE fans dont want a bar of him ... notice no Eagles are on this thread ....

Btw - you ignored my on-topic question ... do you, or do you not believe your club has a drug problem?

Kuep knows the answer!... but give him the courtesy of an answer as he has asked it many times.

Yes or No.... not "there is no evidence" and try to deflect so this thread goes away....... just is there a drug problem or Not?:D

We don't care about what YOU think... JUST RESPOND.... & if you don't realise most are actually most are trying to help you:)

You have redefined effies " How emarrassment" statement for all time!

Is Cousins' suspension drug-related?

I haven't seen that confirmed anywhere - have you?

Have you read the paper this morning? Oh wait you think the media has no evidence. What evidence do you have? Certainly not much.

You're digging such a big hole for yourself that you'll be speaking Chinese by tomorrow. Mind you, you might make more sense should that be the case.

I can't believe Gunnar Longwanks is still pursuing this.

He must be red raw by now.

comedy's loss is Bigfooty's gain.

I'm just dissapointed this has been relegated to the backblocks of Bay 13.It should be a main board sticky.

Mark Twain has returned.:)

comedy's loss is Bigfooty's gain.

I'm just dissapointed this has been relegated to the backblocks of Bay 13.It should be a main board sticky.

Mark Twain has returned.:)

Can we find out who moved it?

ALF.jpg

Daniel Chick came to my school today and we asked him if Ben Cousins had taken illicit drugs, and he said yes.

Daniel Chick came to my school today and we asked him if Ben Cousins had taken illicit drugs, and he said yes.

Haha, gold.

Thing is Gunnar wont believe that unless you have video footage, a court document and a Rainbow flavoured Paddle Pop for him.

Chick is one Eagle I respect. Anyone who chops a finger to play footy lives for the game. Not for a crack pipe.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back