The great blackout of 2016

Remove this Banner Ad

This is what's being reported:

A quick recap - The entire state of South Australia is without electricity.

• Blackout is believed to have been caused by a Mid North power line toppling.
  • ElectraNet officials are in an emergency meeting.
  • SA Power Networks say on its website that power will not be restored until 4.15am.
  • State energy minister Tom Koutsantonis is also understood to be in an emergency meeting

Estimates for repair vary from 4-8+ hours.

This incompetent state govt have screwed this states power supply. Muppets. Can't we have a plebiscite to kick out these clowns.

But we've got a desalination plant. Good one Mike Rann. Ya dickhead.
You do realise that the problem relates to infrastructure decisions made decades ago?

This is not a Mike Rann problem (electricity prices on the other hand...).

Having a chuckle at the ragvertiser blog...

This from one post: Remember if you are in need of emergency medical attention, all hospitals remain open and fully functioning.
This from another post, 3 posts down: Traffic in the city is entirely stuck. Gridlock.

So.. the hospitals are still open if you need them - but good luck in getting to them for treatment!

Or decisions not made while he was building desal plants and windmills.
The current blackout has nothing to do with either of those decisions.

Your response is completely irrational. I can understand your anger - but the person you're angry at has nothing whatsoever to do with your current predicament.

I lived through one of your wet seasons

Loved it :thumbsu:
When it rains it's beautiful. When we first moved here in 97 I remember the first night storm woke me up because the whole (elevated house) was shaking and standing inside of the museum in AC looking outside thinking it must be freezing then walking out side into a balmy 30c with 98% humidity.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Oh, definitely Jay.
Your line of thinking is all kinds of wrong.

On LG-H850 using BigFooty.com mobile app
I just don't think it's acceptable that in 2016, our entire State can be without power. And the people responsible for this are the government who have been in power for far too long.

This incompetent state govt have screwed this states power supply. Muppets. Can't we have a plebiscite to kick out these clowns.

But we've got a desalination plant. Good one Mike Rann. Ya dickhead.

Nothing wrong with the desalination plant. Is the first long term thinking SA has done when it comes to water. Which is a shit tonne better then the usual panic when were in a drought and totally ignore it as an issue otherwise.

I just don't think it's acceptable that in 2016, our entire State can be without power. And the people responsible for this are the government who have been in power for far too long.
No, it's not acceptable, but when critical infrastructure gets damaged by large scale storms, I don't think there is anyway a government can really prepare for that.
You just sound like a conservative party sycophant.

Our state is leading the way in Australia for renewable energy, it's something we should all be proud of.

On LG-H850 using BigFooty.com mobile app

Last edited:
If port power got $50,000 for the loss of trains, David Koch should get $100,000 for this with no power across the state.

SA government killing the port power brand since 1996.

Ha ha - we would have had a nuclear apocalyptic if the alternative were in power.

It isn't at all, but issues stem from decisions much older than Ranns shore up our water supply (desal plant) and try to reduce the usage of coal with windfarms.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back