The Hird renaissance

Remove this Banner Ad

i agree no one really cares except the bummers fans. Take the love in over to the dons board!

Everybody cared when they were calling for his retirement when he had a couple of average games at the start of the season.

James Hird - legend:thumbsu:

James hird = Legend....he would proberbly be leading the b/f down there at the moment and would rank in top 20 in brownlow...genuine superstar of the game...hope his final year ends up successful...he deserves it

I have always thought many superstars and great players also could play untill they were 40 if their bodies held up...you dont lose skill...you lose speed...you lose endurance...you lse a lot of things...but you dont lose talent and skill...its just that body cant execute those skills at 35-40..

Hird unlike Buckley and Harvey is actually what I term a good body year...his body is holding up....and well done to him...

(Log in to remove this ad.)

He is a dead set legend.

I really hope we make the 8 just so I can go to his last game.
Hopefully its interstate and you get thumped by 25 goals :thumbsu:

Hopefully its interstate and you get thumped by 25 goals :thumbsu:

c'mon Cassius, you know you love us:thumbsu:

Is Bucks a chance for the next Essendon clash? a pity if those two don't get one more duel.

As much as I hate Essendon I love Hird as a player.
Would have to be the smartest player ever to play the game just about, I'll admit I am a long way from seeing all the greats but Hird is incredible in how smart he is in setting up play and obviously he has bucketloads of natural talent as well.

I mean you would too if you were a protected species by the umps. i swear one was trying to grab his autograph after the game.

And the Hird love in by the ch 10 commentator especially quarterbrain was sickening.

He looks and runs like an old man these days. Meh.

aww come on, matey...hird is a champion, has been for many, many years, whether the umps love him or not....the umps don't get the ball for him, don't get in and under packs, take athletic marks, kick crucial goals....one of the best i've seen, certainly one of the best of his generation

Remove this Banner Ad

The Hird renaissance

Remove this Banner Ad

Back