The How do I? thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Simon_Nesbit

Brownlow Medallist
Sep 26, 2001
Tasmania
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Hope someone can help me out here. I'm sure we all have our own 'quirks' in which we use the site. Personally I have two methods I use every time I browse.

I like to view all new posts, opening anything of interest in new windows. Previously had the "new posts" button at the top. How do I?

I like to view a list of all my recent posts. Previously I had "find more posts by ...." How do I?

Thanks in advance.

Hope someone can help me out here. I'm sure we all have our own 'quirks' in which we use the site. Personally I have two methods I use every time I browse.

I like to view all new posts, opening anything of interest in new windows. Previously had the "new posts" button at the top. How do I?

I like to view a list of all my recent posts. Previously I had "find more posts by ...." How do I?

Thanks in advance.
1) 'Members' -> 'Recent Activity' will give you all new posts
2) 'Forums' -> 'What's New?' will give you all new threads
3) You can view your posts by going to your profile and clicking on the 'Postings' tab.

3) You can view your posts by going to your profile and clicking on the 'Postings' tab.

I've just tried this, and I have no results. It does this for "Show all content from..." as well. I haven't yet posted on the forum since the change, but surely I should still be able to access my older posts/threads?

I've just tried this, and I have no results. It does this for "Show all content from..." as well. I haven't yet posted on the forum since the change, but surely I should still be able to access my older posts/threads?
Possibly not, if the imported data hasn't been properly indexed yet. Hopefully that will happen when they finish messing with the DB, recompile and turn the Search function back on.

Check again in a few days.

Please bring back Forum Tools (Post a New Thread, Mark This Forum Read, Subscribe to this Forum etc...)
I use Mark This Forum Read quite a bit and it sucks not been able to clear bolded threads I'm not interested in like in the previous software.

Please bring back Forum Tools (Post a New Thread, Mark This Forum Read, Subscribe to this Forum etc...)
I use Mark This Forum Read quite a bit and it sucks not been able to clear bolded threads I'm not interested in like in the previous software.
Those tools all still exist, they're just in slightly different places or have different names. e.g. 'Subscribe to this forum' is now 'Watch this forum'.

'Mark Forum Read' should be at the top LHS of your screen, under 'Forum'. Click on it and it will ask you if you want to mark read either the subforum you're browsing, or the entire site.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

How do i change it so its says either full swear word or "****" instead of "fornicate" or "silly"

How do you change the words that used to above your avatar, but are now below it?

Small whinge...

Click your user name on the top right. Will take you to the account page. Then change your "Status"

Wait, that doesnt do it at all :p

No idea then. Would also like to know

why do we have to click the forum popout to a) show it, and b) hide it? Most of the links at the top work via mouseover.

And why isn't the forum list shown permanently on the left as it was before? New setup with list showing obscures part of the page.

How do you report an abusive post to a mod? There used to be a button to report to mod's but the site admin in all of their wisdom have removed this.

Remove this Banner Ad

The How do I? thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Back