The "I cant believe they are still on an AFL list" thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Gets!

Brownlow Medallist
Oct 15, 2003
AFL Club
Adelaide
Okay so I think there are some players who are EXTREMELY lucky to still be playing AFL.

Shannon Watt - watt the? IMO he is a bit of a dud who has lasted an unbelievable amount of time on an AFL list for such mediocre performances.

Leon Davis - what exactly does he ever do? Might kick an early goal, then he might as well go to the bench because he just goes missing. Isn't fit enough and is the most inconsistent player in the AFL behind Tarrant.

Andrew Kellaway - every time I see him get a touch I say to myself "This guy still plays?!?!" Surely he has to go sooner rather than later.

I would say they are my top three and there are others in the mix, but yeah.

Michael Voss, not because I don't think he's any good but i thought his knees would have exploded by now.

I was in the Brisbane rooms last year and they had a harness set up above the treadmill just for Vossy so he doesn't have to put so much weight on his knees when he runs! I'd be surprised if the great man could walk at 50.

Gets! said:
Okay so I think there are some players who are EXTREMELY lucky to still be playing AFL.

Shannon Watt - watt the? IMO he is a bit of a dud who has lasted an unbelievable amount of time on an AFL list for such mediocre performances.

Leon Davis - what exactly does he ever do? Might kick an early goal, then he might as well go to the bench because he just goes missing. Isn't fit enough and is the most inconsistent player in the AFL behind Tarrant.

Andrew Kellaway - every time I see him get a touch I say to myself "This guy still plays?!?!" Surely he has to go sooner rather than later.

:confused:

Chris Scott
Brad Scott
Beau McDonald
Clark Keating

.......all washed up with Michael Voss not far behind them.

Gets! said:

This is a :D:D:D:D take right?

If not,pls actually watch a game.
Find your bravest defender who continually plays on guys a foot taller & stronger & ALWAYS does his job.
All know his kicking is patchy but theres 10 guys at Richmond before AK.

Buffoon

Seth

Gets! said:

Andrew Kellaway has been a warrior for the RFC. All Australian and 300% better than his brother skill-wise. On the decline now, yes, after 10 years of using his body as a sling shot.

Does not deserve to be in this thread.

itsintheblood said:
Andrew Kellaway has been a warrior for the RFC. All Australian and 300% better than his brother skill-wise. On the decline now, yes, after 10 years of using his body as a sling shot.

Does not deserve to be in this thread.

I think many people would have written him off years ago. The fact that he's still on a list and doing well surprises many. He's probably a bit shocked himself that he's still going around.

JuddyisGod said:
Michael Voss, not because I don't think he's any good but i thought his knees would have exploded by now.

I was in the Brisbane rooms last year and they had a harness set up above the treadmill just for Vossy so he doesn't have to put so much weight on his knees when he runs! I'd be surprised if the great man could walk at 50.

My wife is a physio and she reckons that Voss will need a knee replacement within 10 years - maybe 5! :(

He should have retired after their third flag.

(edited for typo)

hotpie said:
Chris Scott
Brad Scott
Beau McDonald
Clark Keating

Scotts: agreed SHOULD have gone last year.

Keating: was fine last year, maybe call it quits this year.

Beau McDonald has been injured for 3 years tool. He played his first game since june/july 2003 against the Weagles and looked pretty ok.

Voss just needs to play some fwd pocket, he's still fine.
Just the media hyping up his 'age' and all the Collingwood supporters jumping on board.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

hotpie said:
Chris Scott
Brad Scott
Beau McDonald
Clark Keating

Got his hand on the footy a fair bit in his first game in nearly 3 years last week.

Glad we have him over any of the Pies ruckman.

Gets! said:

you are one funny guy... Watt who would be an extremely good third tall has been asked to play out of position for his entire career...

hotpie said:
I think many people would have written him off years ago. The fact that he's still on a list and doing well surprises many. He's probably a bit shocked himself that he's still going around.

One of AK's problems these days is he has Gaspar running around the backline confusing the crap out of everyone with his dumb disposal. Our backline has looked composed and coordinated the last 2 weeks without gaspar. We've won both times and kellaway has gone ok!!! What does that tell you?

juzza316 said:
Ian Prendergast, come on down!

Pretendergast, Deluca, Livingston....all awful

Voss is still playing ok football. Put him in a pocket and he'd kick 2-3 a game.

Jason Cloke, David Neitz, Glen Archer, Jason Johnson, Jade Rawlings and Richie Vanderbum could all be kicked out at years end!

Moss Rocket said:
Pretendergast, Deluca, Livingston....all awful

Voss is still playing ok football. Put him in a pocket and he'd kick 2-3 a game.

Jason Cloke, David Neitz, Glen Archer, Jason Johnson, Jade Rawlings and Richie Vanderbum could all be kicked out at years end!
If Jason Cloke gets kicked out of Collingwood I can guarantee he will still be on an AFL list

Gets! said:

Geez, very stiff.

Not overly skillfull but is as hard as they come.

Remove this Banner Ad

The "I cant believe they are still on an AFL list" thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Back