The "I was burnt" thread

Remove this Banner Ad

My midfield did the damage this week.

Cross (c) - 83
Goodes - 39
van Berlo - 49
Bird - 16

A tad harsh on Bird, but when you've got Geary on the bench it makes it a lot more annoying.

A lot of my other players scored between 10-15 below their average, which doesn't seem like a lot, but it all adds up.

Symes
Mattner
Stanton
Goodes
Dyson
S. Johnson (despite getting 71 which is very modest i feel he should have done a lot better)
Delideo
Akermanis (however was impressed by his game.... looks good for the coming rounds)

got 1706 so i honestly think that i cannot do any worse this week which i'm sure is what everyone thinks

I was burnt badly. Had:

Symes
Gram
LeCras
Stanton
Aker
Proud
Palmer/Ebert/Masten (Couldn't believe none played atleast expected one to. Made two emergencies in my mids just incase)
Hodge(although that was expected)

Only ended up with 1489. Terrible. Should bounce back this week. Take away that lot i ended up with 1291 from 14 players which is pretty good. Therefore the last 8 avg'd just under 25 LOL.

I feel for those with Stanton.
But not Goodes. Its common knowledge that he has a history of starting the season off slowly.

For me:
Lucas, Hall, Dyson, Gram (20 in SC), Lecca

If you know they will play well through out the season, then don't waste your trade. You put them in your team for a reason you know.

I was expecting more from my team. Hayes, Cross, Aker, P.Burgo, Mattner and Symes. Oh well.

Heres the plot 1546 points with Lucas, Nathan Thomspon, Scott D Thompson, Barchar Houli and Dyson

Proud (didnt even play) 0
Dyson (may as well not played) 22
Lucas (Hardly ever injured.. now this shizen) 18
Scott D Thompson (Was an emergency for Proud but still hurt) 37

Points scored for the round 1759 dammit dammit dammit!!!!!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Burnt - Hall (my two emergencies scored higher Jetta & Rioli), Symes (esp if he is dropped this week), and mooney - expected better than 58.

Burnt - Hall (my two emergencies scored higher Jetta & Rioli), Symes (esp if he is dropped this week), and mooney - expected better than 58.
Symes is not gonna be dropped. so no excuses for trading him off this early. (Reilly and Shirley are already ruled out injured; that's 2 changes that have to be made already. Symes won't be dropped - unless all hell breaks loose and Jericho is given a game:eek: - unlikely).

Chris Tarrant. :thumbsdown::(

Sorry mate I mean this in the nicest possible way but TARRENT :eek:

Have you followed the AFL over the past 3-4 years?

Plus I think most of you guys are being a bit harsh on Symes and Mattner. Remember they are only 250K players so its a bit rich to expect them to score 100's. Both scored approx 50 which is just below their break even so in actual fact they performed as they historically have. If they can improve to 70 you will do well and make some money and if one of them is your 6-7th back you should be happy.
Don't forget Symes 6 frees against - this won't happen every week
Mattner - well st.kilda Sydney game sdon't equate to big scores.

It's only round 1 guys and if your players don't go down in value and most go up in price after round 3 you are doing very well

im pretty irate over dyson.

i had houli for a long time, and at the last minute I was swayed by bigfooty posters to get on board dyson.

stupid swap that was.

sometimes boards like these just cloud your own judgment on players.

Remove this Banner Ad

The "I was burnt" thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Back