Injury The Injury/Suspension List – 2024

Remove this Banner Ad

He said at his exit interview that if he wasn't best 22 anymore he'd like to be traded.
Another damned goody lie!
There's no way he's best 22 next year, Tholstrup emerging, Chandler locked in and Koz dominating I don't see where he plays. Id play McAdam before him aswell

The Spargo thing is insane. Rushed back for opening round, gets hurt and isn’t sighted again, yet they don’t make the surgery call until now?
If we had done surgery immediately would he have been able to come back this year?

Spargo has generally been one of the only players that can find a target in our forward 50 when there are 67,000 people in there.
I thought the same, Spargo has 3 more goal assists in his last 39 games than Chandler, Chandler has 16 more goals in the same time.

Chandler had that wonderful run of form at the start of last year I think? Since then been more-or-less invisible when I saw him.

Ball-in-hand much prefer Spargo.
Spargo averaged .8 goals a game last year, same as Chandler currently. Spargo's stats include one as sub and 2 games he was injured (and subbed off) in. Was trash for a while after that concussion too.

Not much separating either but Spargo played nice and hungry in the finals last year and I don't even remember anything Chandler did and that's pretty much all I care about to be honest, not going out on the field and playing like a bloody fairy.

Think Spargo wanted to go to North? If he's smart he should probably do it. Get a good pay day. He has other interests outside of footy and I reckon he'd be pretty happy there. Maybe his dad or grandfather played there too.

There's a lack of smart, hard working smalls across the league. He's not a star but he's a perfect workhorse half forward for the modern game where you just have to do a shit load of running up and back and still have to hit a target when you're gassed (which he can do because his kicking action is so compact and simple).

Chandler had that wonderful run of form at the start of last year I think? Since then been more-or-less invisible when I saw him.

Ball-in-hand much prefer Spargo.
Spargo averaged .8 goals a game last year, same as Chandler currently. Spargo's stats include one as sub and 2 games he was injured (and subbed off) in. Was trash for a while after that concussion too.

Not much separating either but Spargo played nice and hungry in the finals last year and I don't even remember anything Chandler did and that's pretty much all I care about to be honest, not going out on the field and playing like a bloody fairy.
Chandler always plays well in games where we play up tempo and goes missing when we do the contested bombs away slow ball movement shite. Hes a good user and link up player who relishes space. Put him on a normal team and im convinced he would be considered a very good player. We just find a way to ruin every forward we have pretty much.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Chandler always plays well in games where we play up tempo and goes missing when we do the contested bombs away slow ball movement shite. Put him on a normal team and im convinced he would be considered a very good player. We just ruin every forward we have pretty much.
Yeah outside of some neat kicks not sure what Spargo brings that Chandler doesn't. Chandler's much more dangerous around goal, Spargo is a crapper version of ANB

I'd take any version of ANB over most of the flogs in our side tbh.
proud this is me GIF by Melbournefc

I dont think Spargo does a single thing better than Chandler honestly, maybe a 20m kick, but its not like its that big a difference. Chandler better at everything else: gut running/endurance, pace, tackling, marking, set shot, kicking over a distance.

I dont think Spargo does a single thing better than Chandler honestly, maybe a 20m kick, but its not like its that big a difference. Chandler better at everything else: gut running/endurance, pace, tackling, marking, set shot, kicking over a distance.
Also don't want a guy in the forward line who can't snap it and make the distance from 30m out.

Injury The Injury/Suspension List – 2024

Remove this Banner Ad

Back