The Interesting Scorecard Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

There was a festival game at Lilac Hill to kick off the test tours for a while. Scheduling pressure meant international teams didn't want to play anymore, so they ran it as a fun exhibition game for a few years before interest dried up. This was one of the last games.
Must be why the WACA President's XI batted on past the target

Just realised you can now add Jarrad Schofield to the list of footballers with random Cricinfo profiles.

Just realised you can now add Jarrad Schofield to the list of footballers with random Cricinfo profiles.
Not sure if the list includes these guys

Those guys were all cricketers. I'm thinking of this type:

Those guys were all cricketers. I'm thinking of this type:

Wasn't initially aware of those four's cricketing background - I only got them by matching player data from cricinfo against afltables (full name and date of birth). Didn't catch those two because cricinfo didn't give either of them a date of birth...

Widening out to a full name match gives a lot of false positives but it looks like Hodge and Riewoldt are rare finds. There's Brad Sheppard but he was a state U-17 cricketer too.

Only one I can think of of NRL origin

Fatty Vautin misses out, his game isn't on Cricinfo, sadly.

But the Ian Healy Testimonial is, which means this guy gets one:

Fatty Vautin misses out, his game isn't on Cricinfo, sadly.

But the Ian Healy Testimonial is, which means this guy gets one:

From the same game, we also had Alfie Langer play that game

However, no cricinfo profile was created

Reportedly, towards the end of a cricket season in the late 80’s, Craig Bradley fielded for 100 overs in a Melbourne District cricket semi final - and later that night played in a pre season trial game for Carlton…

To be fair, Mongolia have proven to be one of the worst T20I teams in the world. So this was kinda on the cards.
They also have scores of 12, 17, 26, 33, 41, 43, and 50.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Shannon Hurn was an excellent junior cricketer and would have gone onto a 1st class career if not for choosing Aussie Rules.

I played against him when he came up to play 'A' Grade for Angaston hen he was about 15. He made 55 odd and looked completely in control, very classy batsman even at that young age.

Stand to be corrected but I recall that he played in an A Grade district cricked premiership with Northern Jets and the same year, played in an SANFL premiership with Central Districts.

Shannon Hurn was an excellent junior cricketer and would have gone onto a 1st class career if not for choosing Aussie Rules.

I played against him when he came up to play 'A' Grade for Angaston hen he was about 15. He made 55 odd and looked completely in control, very classy batsman even at that young age.

Stand to be corrected but I recall that he played in an A Grade district cricked premiership with Northern Jets and the same year, played in an SANFL premiership with Central Districts.
The other one like that was Stephen Coniglio, who had 20 touches and four goals in a WAFL grand final aged 16, then scored a hundred in first-grade cricket for Midland-Guildford about three weeks later.

Remove this Banner Ad

The Interesting Scorecard Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Back