Mega Thread The James Hird thread - articles,theories and predictions

Remove this Banner Ad

If he's guilty of doing bad things then yes he should be gone no player is bigger than the club but don't forget we haven't heard his side of the story yet and if i turns out that his not guilty then there will defamation lawsuits coming left,right and center.
But if everything being said is true I can see the defamation lawsuits being thrown at Hird and the EFC too. Hird has gone about discrediting a number of people who have pointed the finger at him and it may well coast him more than just his job, but a whole lot of cash.

W
Finally, the last thing I’ll say to the people who don’t believe in James Hird, the cynics and the sceptics: I'm sorry for you. I’m sorry that you can’t dream big. I'm sorry you don't believe in the messiah. But this is one hell of a man. This is a great sporting club and you should stand around and believe in it. You should believe in Essendon, and you should believe in their people. I'll be a fan of the Bombers for as long as I live. And there are no secrets — this is a hard competition and hard work wins it. So Vive le Bombers forever!
What a f...g tool..

Finally, the last thing I’ll say to the people who don’t believe in James Hird, the cynics and the sceptics: I'm sorry for you. I’m sorry that you can’t dream big. I'm sorry you don't believe in the messiah. But this is one hell of a man. This is a great sporting club and you should stand around and believe in it. You should believe in Essendon, and you should believe in their people. I'll be a fan of the Bombers for as long as I live. And there are no secrets — this is a hard competition and hard work wins it. So Vive le Bombres forever!

EFA

Finally, the last thing I’ll say to the people who don’t believe in James Hird, the cynics and the sceptics: I'm sorry for you. I’m sorry that you can’t dream big. I'm sorry you don't believe in the messiah. But this is one hell of a man. This is a great sporting club and you should stand around and believe in it. You should believe in Essendon, and you should believe in their people. I'll be a fan of the Bombers for as long as I live. And there are no secrets — this is a hard competition and hard work wins it. So Vive le Bombers forever!

Thanks Emma.

What is alarming.

That even since the Ziggy report, I've seen nothing to suggest the EFC has arrested back anything resembling control.

From the administration, to the playing group, even the flow on effect down to the supporter base....

The Hird message is still suffocating.

Well, Hird has now wrestled control back over his own football department.
He would be very happy about this.

but maybe, just sometimes, some people need a little AOD to get them through the hard times?

Am I missing something here? o_O

What is worse:

Champion player breaks foot, never returns to game because of seriousness of injury, people wonder what might have been.
Champion player breaks foot, uses drugs to help heal condition, returns and plays great football.

Most people would say the latter is worse. But then, most people are idiots.

They'd get a therapeutic exemption and use the drugs legally.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

The problem at Essendon is the direction from the leadership at the top. Their vision for the club is one of "win at all costs". They may not say it, but their behaviour reflects it.
Instead of creating a culture around something like "you're second home" or something that gives back to the people they support, it is fueled by egotistical leadership. Mark Evans didn't strike as an egotistical leader by the surrounding culture ate him up to the point where he is not there because his values differ to that around him.
Club is in ruins because of egos.

Lol

The sports scientist at the centre of the Essendon drug scandal, Stephen Dank, used an unfounded allegation about Collingwood using banned drugs to pressure coach James Hird to authorise the controversial peptide program, according to a key witness in the investigation.
Biochemist Shane Charter, who has spoken to ASADA several times, including in the past week, has explained that Dank asked him to verify that the Magpies had been using human growth hormone in order to persuade Hird to get the peptide program ''over the line''.

Biochemist Shane Charter, who has spoken to ASADA several times, including in the past week, has explained that Dank asked him to verify that the Magpies had been using human growth hormone in order to persuade Hird to get the peptide program ''over the line''.
Charter, who sourced the peptides from China, said he flew to Queensland at Dank's request in December 2011 to help sell the program to Hird. He said he had never sold or supplied Collingwood with substances or had knowledge of its supplements program.
''Dank had been telling Hird that Collingwood was on human growth hormone and that we had to get the peptide program over the line,'' Charter told Fairfax Media in a previous interview. It is understood he has given the same information to ASADA, which is set to hand down its report on Essendon in the coming days.
Advertisement
''He said to James when I was there, 'Shane will prove my point'. He was talking about HGH. He was saying that, 'Shane has his ear to the ground on who is using it'.
''I had no knowledge. I didn't sell, supply or know anything about the Collingwood program.''
Charter said Dank had ordered the peptides months earlier in 2011 and was ''determined to make sure the program went ahead''.

Read more: http://www.theage.com.au/afl/afl-news/pies-the-source-20130801-2r2aw.html#ixzz2aie8HEfx

It's clear James is a fool, but did he deliberately cheat? It looks possible now.

Seems to be the key reason behind his desire to pursue the supplements program.

No suggestion at all the Woods were on the clear.

But why would Hird have come up with this theory?

He says "he knows the bloke who was supplying them" implying Charters. Charters denies all.

Oh Jimmy.

For simple minded Essendon supporters I did mean "ON the clear".

Not "IN the clear".

Charter, who sourced the peptides from China, said he flew to Queensland at Dank's request in December 2011 to help sell the program to Hird. He said he had never sold or supplied Collingwood with substances or had knowledge of its supplements program.
''Dank had been telling Hird that Collingwood was on human growth hormone and that we had to get the peptide program over the line,'' Charter told Fairfax Media in a previous interview. It is understood he has given the same information to ASADA, which is set to hand down its report on Essendon in the coming days.
Advertisement
''He said to James when I was there, 'Shane will prove my point'. He was talking about HGH. He was saying that, 'Shane has his ear to the ground on who is using it'.
''I had no knowledge. I didn't sell, supply or know anything about the Collingwood program.''
Charter said Dank had ordered the peptides months earlier in 2011 and was ''determined to make sure the program went ahead''.

Read more: http://www.theage.com.au/afl/afl-news/pies-the-source-20130801-2r2aw.html#ixzz2aie8HEfx

Seems to be the key reason behind his desire to pursue the supplements program.

No suggestion at all the Woods were on the clear.

But why would Hird have come up with this theory?

He says "he knows the bloke who was supplying them" implying Charters. Charters denies all.

Oh Jimmy.

To be fair, I seem to recall media hitting the net one evening about this rumour, but it was subsequently pulled?

I don't think it came to Hird while he was day dreaming one day, there were rumblings.

Not saying they were founded or justified, but they were 'around'

Remove this Banner Ad

Mega Thread The James Hird thread - articles,theories and predictions

Remove this Banner Ad

Back