NFL The Jay Cutler Soap Opera

Remove this Banner Ad

Disagree, TGBB. There's none more important or more hard to nail position than QB. It's lunacy if a HC were to think, "ok ive got a franchise QB for 10 years, but i need a SS, a nickel back, an OLB. So i better trade him away for a back-up QB instead."

Firstly, that doesnt even solve all those positions of need to get a straight QB-for-QB swap. And secondly, if you have a franchise QB you hold onto them for dear life and build your team around them.

What a 'Lance' josh is. I dont mind, let him trade Cutler away. I just cant believe the lunacy and the deep-seated agenda (i want acclaim for being a genius offensive mind by creating a gun from a noob rather than inheriting a top-flight QB).

Pffffffft Superbowl caliber, unlikely..... Theres now 2 QB's in the divison better than cutler. Rivers and Cassel. Broncos wont be in the playoffs fr a while to come.
Cassel >> Cutler

:confused: Not sure about that one.

Cutler to SF for 2009, 2010 first round pick and Alex Smith.

Although Alex Smith just restructured his contract, he could finally play in a spread offense, the reason he was drafted #1 was his performance in Utah's spread.

Probabley a crazy amount to pay for him, but it would be fun to see it happen, maybe even change the 2010 first rounder for a 2nd? i dunno.

Of course it would mean that Denver would have to draft probabley Sanchez, so he and Smith could compete

Cassel >> Cutler

:confused: Not sure about that one.

Well, it is Mizza, he's not exactly known for deep, insightful knowledge of the sport...

If the Packers didn't already have a young, potentially Superbowl-calibre Qb, I would be sending non stop letters to Ted T to try and get Cutler righr ****in now...

Well, it is Mizza, he's not exactly known for deep, insightful knowledge of the sport...

If the Packers didn't already have a young, potentially Superbowl-calibre Qb, I would be sending non stop letters to Ted T to try and get Cutler righr ****in now...

Im pretty sure i know a lot more about NFL than you think fuey, i don't know what your problem is with me but i would like to know????

Im pretty sure i know a lot more about NFL than you think fuey, i don't know what your problem is with me but i would like to know????

Pffffffft Superbowl caliber, unlikely..... Theres now 2 QB's in the divison better than cutler. Rivers and Cassel. Broncos wont be in the playoffs fr a while to come.
lol. The only person that seems to agree with you is Mel Kiper. And that's not a good thing.

Heh, I knew you'd stuff up eventually. :rolleyes: At least delete one of the posts that is exhibiting your stupidity...

Is there some kind of prize for picking this 6 months ago???:thumbsu:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I'm beginning to get sick of Cutler's petulance here. Basically all McDaniels has stated is that 'anyone is tradable at the right price'. I applaude McD for not going in there and sucking up to him because he's not being honest with himself, Cutler, or the organisation. Half the team has been cut, Scheffler is up for trade and Cutler seems to think its all about him. Just get over it, move on and rock up to workouts on Monday....

From ESPN
http://myespn.go.com/blogs/afcwest/0-3-1746/Key-for-Broncos-is-to-get-Cutler-to-show-up-Monday.html

OK, the Jay Cutler-Denver Broncos situation has taken a step back.

The two sides spoke via conference call Monday and according to a source familiar with the phone call, it did not go well.

The conversation was supposed to be a clearing of the air after the Broncos engaged in trade talks Feb. 28. However, the rift grew bigger when the phone conversation became contentious.

Sources said the Broncos approached Cutler as if he was the one who started the trade talks and informed him that they have no plans of trading him but that they can trade him at any time.

The next step in this saga will be Monday when the Broncos start their offseason workout program. A source close to the situation said Cutler has not decided if he will attend or not. If he doesn't it will be a clear sign to the Broncos that there are legitimate problems.

The Broncos will be in trouble if Cutler isn't there because the team needs all of its players, particularly its quarterback, to be present to start the Josh McDaniels era. It is a new system and if Cutler is not there for every minute of the offseason, even the conditioning portion, the team will take a major step backward.

If Cutler doesn't show up, it could prompt Denver to renew trade talks. The problem for Denver is that it has no answers other than Cutler at quarterback. New backup quarterback Chris Simms isn't the answer.

If Denver does end up trading Cutler it will need to either get a quarterback in return (who?) or get a high draft choice and pick a rookie quarterback. That would be starting over.
However, after the latest turn in this saga, starting over might be easier.

It seems what most bothers Cutler after the conference call is that Denver is treating him as if he was the one who initiated this saga. There is a major trust issue, and if Cutler decides not to show up for offseason workouts Monday, there will be another rift in this already tense situation.

The Broncos may want it to be over, but it is nowhere near being over.

LOL. Honestly, what the hell is going on in Dever.

Top work by McDaniels.

I dunno if it is because he wants to start fresh or he just doesn't rate Cutler, but he has certainly made some bad moves. Even if they were thinking about trading him, why blame it all on him in the conference call?? Also, why not bother to fly out and see him??

Also, given the Broncos' owner has stated Cutler will not be traded, is he regretting hiring McDaniels already???

Coach McDaniels has to sort this situation out with Cutler.

There is no better QB out there in free agency and of what I've read about the QB's in this years draft class, getting a high pick and going after a rookie is not the answer.

The guy has a massive arm and with the right players, coaches and system around him, could bring big things for the Broncos in the near future.

He needs to sort the defence out, and so far he's taken some steps in doing this. Loosing your starting QB is gunna set the franchise back a long way.

I'm beginning to get sick of Cutler's petulance here. Basically all McDaniels has stated is that 'anyone is tradable at the right price'. I applaude McD for not going in there and sucking up to him because he's not being honest with himself, Cutler, or the organisation. Half the team has been cut, Scheffler is up for trade and Cutler seems to think its all about him. Just get over it, move on and rock up to workouts on Monday....

Have to disagree with you here. I'm sick of McDaniels trying to be some hard arse HC.

It's pretty clear McDaniels atleast looked into the idea of trading Cutler, especially while Cassel was still available.. but then he comes out a few days later and says "We don't want to trade Jay. We never did". If they never wanted to trade him why didn't they come out straight away when the prospect was raised in the media? They waited a couple of days to make a statement.

And if that latest article is correct in what came out of the meeting (ie: (Broncos) "have no plans of trading him but that they can trade him at any time.")

Then why did McDaniels previously say "We are not trading Jay Cutler — period."?

It hard to tell who is to blame, but its the job of the HC to keep his shit together for the sake of the team. Thats not Cutlers job, he is just doing whats in his best interests as a player. I'll give credit to McDaniels for some nice additions to the team but wtf good is that if we have no QB?

I question his judgement and leadership skills for firstly (reportedly) even thinking about trading Cutler who imo is the one player who is a keeper, and then for not dealing with the issue once it was out there.

I'll be pissed off if McDaniels forces Cutler out or even leaves Cutler feeling like he isn't wanted here. He'd be failing his job if that were the case imo.

Well said, camsmith. It's very easy to see thru McDaniels' bs. What a bonehead he turned out to be so far. Lance II.
Exactly what I was thinking.

I thought you would be happy about this. Watching McDaniels destroy the Broncos from the inside. Just makes the Raiders life a bit easier.

Disagree, TGBB. There's none more important or more hard to nail position than QB. It's lunacy if a HC were to think, "ok ive got a franchise QB for 10 years, but i need a SS, a nickel back, an OLB. So i better trade him away for a back-up QB instead."

Firstly, that doesnt even solve all those positions of need to get a straight QB-for-QB swap. And secondly, if you have a franchise QB you hold onto them for dear life and build your team around them.

What a 'Lance' josh is. I dont mind, let him trade Cutler away. I just cant believe the lunacy and the deep-seated agenda (i want acclaim for being a genius offensive mind by creating a gun from a noob rather than inheriting a top-flight QB).

Wasn't saying straight swap with a back up QB, that would make no sense at all. I'm saying swap Cutler with a high pick with possibly a player or two (defence?OL?). And that maybe McDaniels thinks he can bring in another lesser known QB, possibly a veteran to do a Cassel-like job.

Don't necessarily agree because I rate Cutler highly, but just saying that could be his thinking. Either that or McDaniels has no idea.

Well said, camsmith. It's very easy to see thru McDaniels' bs. What a bonehead he turned out to be so far. Lance II.

Unfortunately Lance II is all I can think about when reading articles on this fiasco. I'm willing to give McDaniels a chance but he will have to start convincing me pretty soon.

The thing with this story is that it relies so much on unnamed sources and rumours so its hard to forum an opinion on who is right or wrong regarding the trade issue, but what we do know is how McDaniels is handling it.. so far, not good.

I'm happy to give him a chance to work it out though and as I say I give him credit for some of the things he has done since taking over the HC role but all that will be quickly forgotten if he screws up on this Cutler situation.

Exactly what I was thinking.

I thought you would be happy about this. Watching McDaniels destroy the Broncos from the inside. Just makes the Raiders life a bit easier.

From a Raider's fan pov, im happy. But from a general NFL pov im angry at McDaniels and feel bad for Cutler. McDaniels turning out to be a Lance deserves valid criticism.

Wasn't saying straight swap with a back up QB, that would make no sense at all. I'm saying swap Cutler with a high pick with possibly a player or two (defence?OL?). And that maybe McDaniels thinks he can bring in another lesser known QB, possibly a veteran to do a Cassel-like job.

Don't necessarily agree because I rate Cutler highly, but just saying that could be his thinking. Either that or McDaniels has no idea.

I still wouldnt ever in a million years trade away a young franchise QB that will be an elite QB for 10 years, for defensive personnel + a young and/or back-up QB. I'd say McDaniels has no idea.

Just try to think of some hypotheticals in the NFL...
Cutler to San Francisco for Alex Smith + Patrick Willis?
Cutler to Chicago for Caleb Hanie + Urlacher?
Cutler to Vikings for Tavaris Jackson + Winfield?
Cutler to Detroit for Drew Stanton + Sims?

Remove this Banner Ad

NFL The Jay Cutler Soap Opera

Remove this Banner Ad

Back