NFL The Jay Cutler Soap Opera

Remove this Banner Ad

Cutler is as good as gone...

Cutler’s Denver area house up for sale

DENVER (AP)—The Denver Broncos insist quarterback Jay Cutler isn’t on the market. His house, though, is another matter.
Cutler put his 7,516-square-foot, four-bedroom, seven-bath home in suburban Castle Pines up for sale for $2 million. A listing on real estate Web site REcolorado.com shows the agent as Fuller Sotheby’s International Realty. Douglas County property records show Cutler paid $1.34 million for the house in August 2006.
Cutler still has a condo in downtown Denver along with his offseason home in Nashville, Tenn.
The Pro Bowl quarterback and new coach Josh McDaniels are in a dispute over attempts to trade him two weeks ago.
The sale was first reported by KMGH-TV and The Denver Post.

On Saturday, Cutler was a no-show at a fundraiser at Invesco Field, and team spokesman Patrick Smyth said the quarterback didn’t attend because he didn’t want to distract from the evening. The fundraiser was in honor of Broncos longtime trainer Steve Antonopulos and raised money to fight children’s’ diseases.

I'd trade Russell for Cutler straight swap. No extra picks, no way. That's IF i traded.

I like Russell's upside and his southern demeanor. But he's got character flaws---lazy both preparation and fitness, bling-type, bit dumb. Meanwhile, Cutler is proven but he has character flaws that are just as bad or worse---whiny bitch, and wouldnt even chase down a defender who intercepted his passes (as highlighted on NFL Films).

I'd probably stick with Russell and see how far we can take him. But I think Cutler is definitely the better QB right now and maybe long-term as well. So it'd be a hard decision to make. I'd love to get Brennan tho.

Also this is an interesting development....

Jay Cutler's parents have reportedly put their house up for sale in Denver.
The cozy 4,144 square feet four bedroom home comes is going for a reasonable $835,000. Cutler also put a house up for sale last week, although it was reportedly not his primary residence. The Denver Post believes Cutler will show up foroff-season conditioning on Monday.

I'd trade Russell for Cutler straight swap. No extra picks, no way. That's IF i traded.

I like Russell's upside and his southern demeanor. But he's got character flaws---lazy both preparation and fitness, bling-type, bit dumb. Meanwhile, Cutler is proven but he has character flaws that are just as bad or worse---whiny bitch, and wouldnt even chase down a defender who intercepted his passes (as highlighted on NFL Films).

I'd probably stick with Russell and see how far we can take him. But I think Cutler is definitely the better QB right now and maybe long-term as well. So it'd be a hard decision to make. I'd love to get Brennan tho.

I just woke up after falling onto the floor and knocking myself out on my floorboards. One minute, I was laughing my arse off, next I'm on the floor.
I never thought I'd say this to someone who wasn't Riggy, but I think that is the most ridiculous thing ever typed on the BF NFL board.

GG... first up, has Riggy hacked into your account?? I notice he kind of idolises you, so I think he may be going all "Single White Female" on your arse...

Second, are you fishing for a reaction from people?? Cos you've got me hook, line and sinker...

Thirdly, the phone call you make to ask Denver to make a QB straight swap, I think every single GM, professional, amateur 5yo kid down the street, laughs at you and hangs up withut a word. I wouldn't even accept haterade's trade.

You cannot possibly justify a straight swap, between a guy, who in my opinion hasn't done a WHOLE lot, but has shown a bit to be looked at postively, and a guy who has shown NOTHING in two years. Even the most bias of Raider fans would admit it's probably time to move on. With the QB position, you either have it, or you don't, and Russell obviously doesn't.

I just woke up after falling onto the floor and knocking myself out on my floorboards. One minute, I was laughing my arse off, next I'm on the floor.
I never thought I'd say this to someone who wasn't Riggy, but I think that is the most ridiculous thing ever typed on the BF NFL board.

GG... first up, has Riggy hacked into your account?? I notice he kind of idolises you, so I think he may be going all "Single White Female" on your arse...

Second, are you fishing for a reaction from people?? Cos you've got me hook, line and sinker...

Thirdly, the phone call you make to ask Denver to make a QB straight swap, I think every single GM, professional, amateur 5yo kid down the street, laughs at you and hangs up withut a word. I wouldn't even accept haterade's trade.

You cannot possibly justify a straight swap, between a guy, who in my opinion hasn't done a WHOLE lot, but has shown a bit to be looked at postively, and a guy who has shown NOTHING in two years. Even the most bias of Raider fans would admit it's probably time to move on. With the QB position, you either have it, or you don't, and Russell obviously doesn't.
I think gg's idea is that they are so far behind in so many areas, that trading for Cutler now wouldn't have such an instant effect. He would be half as effective behind that average Oline, thus the picks are needed for the draft. In pure QB quality though, he is worth the trade, probably a bit more.

Of course he could just be crazy :p

Who the F*** would trade Russell with Cutler.

Maybe Russell + 1st Rd pick
for Cutler + 3rd Rd pick.

While your at it you can rebuild and trade Asomugha for pick 1 and 20 in this years draft. Unfortunately they wont bite

maybe Asomugha for pick 20 + 1st rd pick in 2010.

Im acting as the Owner/GM here, and I drafted Russell #1 overall + $35m guaranteed (ie, the next "Elway" in "my" estimation), someone with a huge ceiling. He has his red flags right now. And in a legit trade, the Raiders giving up on Russell would entail giving up picks to the Broncos, no doubt. But in "my" pov, I believe in Russell and the ceiling is even higher than Cutler IF Russell developed.

Bottom line, if im trading for Cutler as a Raider that means im giving up on Russell after only 1 year of starting, just as he's starting to develop. Premature. But if im giving up on him, then Id have to give up picks. But as a Raider, I dont want Cutler's attitude here. Too whiny and soft. While Russell's core attitude is better---things roll off his back, he can take criticism, he's more humble, etc. It's just his laziness that's a problem.

In short...I wouldnt even trade for Cutler if im the Raiders. If they came calling asking for Russell, well, that's different, I'd only take a straight swap....because they want him (russell), see more ceiling too, therefore im holding a little more ground, and I'll be sure to push a hard bargain on those Broncos. Not giving them jack shit. Not sure id still make the trade tho. It's hard, because i believe in Russell but also dont. While I know Cutler is proven but just has the wrong attitude, not a Raider attitude, too soft.

and a guy who has shown NOTHING in two years. Even the most bias of Raider fans would admit it's probably time to move on. With the QB position, you either have it, or you don't, and Russell obviously doesn't.

Now, the rest of your post was fine, but i dont agree with this.

Russell showed some very positive signs at the end of the year (which really is effectively his rookie season given the shennanigans in his first year). Certainly not the right time to be assigning him to the scrap heap.

In all honesty, I always insist that QBs be given 3 years as starter before truly judging them as busts or not. I defended the likes of Alex Smith because he was tossed back and forth in three years under three different systems as well. And Russell, is a very young 21 as well as the same OC/HC changeovers. And I've always insisted Walter never got a real shot before being cast as a bust, cant blame him for the 07 season at all.

I like giving Russell a hard time because he has a lot to live up to (especially after his BS "I want $3m more" holdout nonsense and reluctance to trim down) and study. While Ryan etc were utter professionals. Still....i believe in him IF he can work himself into the leadership role, professionalism, is a sponge for film study etc.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

The latest grabs...

Owner Pat Bowlen acknowledged Sunday that he's disappointed" in Jay Cutler and says the Broncos "might lose our star quarterback."
"I'm disappointed in the whole picture," Bowlen said, also confirming that he steadfastly supports coach Josh McDaniels' handling of the situation. Sources tell the Denver Post that Cutler won't show for offseason conditioning, and the paper suggests that he may even be asking for a new contract as a sign of "commitment." The Broncos have taken a hard-line approach this far, so it seems unlikely that Cutler would get that wish.

and i find this one interesting because it's obviously lies to try to make mcdaniels out to be the poor boy innocent...

Broncos beat writer Mike Klis cites an NFL source "who was involved in the trade discussions" as saying Bill Belichick "aggressively pushed" Matt Cassel on Josh McDaniels from the onset.
According to the source, the Broncos never came close to dealing Jay Cutler away and McDaniels "may have allowed loyalty to cloud his judgment and entertained Belichick's proposals far too long." Cutler still believes McDaniels did shop him to other teams and then lied about it afterward, but that scenario never made much sense. NFL teams just don't aggressively shop young franchise quarterbacks.

I hope Belichick did push Cassel on McDaniels all the time knowing he was going to trade him to the Chiefs for a cup of tea and a biscuit. The end result would be lulz all round (except in Denver)

Breaking News - Cutler officially wants out of Denver

http://cbs4denver.com/broncos/cutler....2.958850.html

Well, well, well. Not sure how to take this, just because he wants out doesn't necessarily mean he'll get his wish. Although, now we really can start putting trade possiblities on the table....

So, you think the Broncos (ie, McDaniels) is smart to put his 10-yr-worth proven franchise QB (who are hard to find) off-side with him and the organization? Not offering contract extensions, preferring to have Cassel (a system QB with 1 yr worth of experience) over Cutler?

Lance Award will sit proudly on his desk.

If I were Detroit, Id throw in a great package for Cutler and Scheffler, hell, I'd even take Brandon Marshall (sure to be suspended) off their hands as well.

Cutler-Scheffler-Marshall for #20 (1st), 2nd, 3rd, + 2010 1st. Draft Jason Smith #1 overall. SCORE.

So, you think the Broncos (ie, McDaniels) is smart to put his 10-yr-worth proven franchise QB (who are hard to find) off-side with him and the organization? Not offering contract extensions, preferring to have Cassel (a system QB with 1 yr worth of experience) over Cutler?

Lance Award will sit proudly on his desk.

That's the point. They never seriously entertained the idea of trading him, they didn't inititate the trade. Cutler has been way too precious, and is crying because they won't pander to him. I also read somewhere that during their conference call McDaniels made some suggestions about improvements that could be made to Jay's game (which as a coach I believe is his job). Jay then apparently got all huffy because he took this as criticism. With regard to a contract extension, he's still got nearly 2 years left on this one so I don't think it's really warranted....

He has a right to be huffy. You DO pander to your franchise qb. If you dont, you get rid of him, that simple.

As far as 'talking about improvements to his game', come on now, theres a right time to do it. Breaking out these supposed weakness in the context of a discussion about whether or not youve tried to trade a player is at best stupid, and at worst downright insulting.

STKO is right on this redragger. Just what he said....you pander to franchise QBs. Like you do with Peyton Manning wanting this or that, like Tom Brady wanting this or that, or wanting Moss, or contract extensions granted etc. It's not like Cutler is an unproven rookie.

Remove this Banner Ad

NFL The Jay Cutler Soap Opera

Remove this Banner Ad

Back