The Kangaroos are rated the worst side in the AFL

Remove this Banner Ad

Originally posted by grayham
Two reasons.
1) My sig is a 2003 poll, and the swans are getting nothing from the AFL, and arent using the extension at all.
2) The amount given to the roos is far greater than was given to the swans. Orders of magnitude bigger.

1) fair enough - still makes you sound bitter and twisted though
2) there are enough threads on this pointless debate to go into in any further

I do believe that people would still consider the Swans to be the AFL's love child because of the Salary cap bonus that they get (regardless of whether they are using it or not). Now this might change in the future according to the CEO meting that will be happening but it is still a point of contention between Sydney and the Victorian clubs

I realise (and even accept) that the Swans have some valid points though I would also say that I would't give too much of a toss about the cost of living expenses if I was earning a very meager $100 a year let alone what the star players earn.

Originally posted by goaldrush
I think that Hawthorn will finish in the Top 4 this year.

I think that is being unrealistic.

Originally posted by speedy
Well, if your senior players didnt dominate your B&F it could also be an indication that you team is up sh:t creek without a paddle.
And most roo fans would debate that Makepeace & Sinclair have plenty of improvement in them.

But thats just nit picking.

Your list is good for one thing. It shows that we havent lost anyone from our top 10..., like our no1 ruckman for instance. Now that would hurt.

Wasn't in our top ten ;)

Originally posted by Ausgard
I do believe that people would still consider the Swans to be the AFL's love child because of the Salary cap bonus that they get (regardless of whether they are using it or not). Now this might change in the future according to the CEO meting that will be happening but it is still a point of contention between Sydney and the Victorian clubs

Ausgard, you are a wise and learned fellow. yes the lovechild myth persists in some throwbacks. Ironically they usually come from Collingwood which have benefitted hugely from many of the AFL policies of late.

It takes a while to convince them, but if my sig can contribute in some small way, then I will feel I have made a difference. :cool:

Originally posted by Ausgard
1) fair enough - still makes you sound bitter and twisted though
2) there are enough threads on this pointless debate to go into in any further

I realise (and even accept) that the Swans have some valid points though I would also say that I would't give too much of a toss about the cost of living expenses if I was earning a very meager $100 a year let alone what the star players earn.

I think that is being unrealistic.
Wait and see, mate. Who knows anything can happen

Originally posted by goaldrush
Wait and see, mate. Who knows anything can happen

I was about to say something like "yeah right" until I realised that I tipped the Roos to come 7th and everyone else has them at the bottom

hopefully for both us it will be somewhere in between

:)

Originally posted by grayham
It takes a while to convince them, but if my sig can contribute in some small way, then I will feel I have made a difference. :cool:

Well its better to light a match than curse the darkness

I myself prefer several gallons of enriched Napalm ...

:)

re-AGE

Now i know why i dont buy the AGE!

These clowns will have egg on there faces come SEPT!!

Timmy Watson should be more
worried about his bombers!
R.Walls should also be concerned
the blueboys will be
{back TO back}spooner for the year!

Us down at Arden street will take the nice odds
on Final Eight thankyou

OVER + OUT
Digby

The team that thumped Essendon in Canberra will not finish on the bottom, but it's so early to be making these kinds of calls.

A bad run with injury (see St Kilda 2002), or a run of narrow losses (see the Swans' 2002) can really take the edge off a season and see players not reaching maximum potential.

I personally hope North do not finish with the spoon. I think that it is really important for North to get some good results in order to stick around. I'd rather see us lose some of this push for interstate expansion than lose clubs like North and Footscray.

Carlton on the other hand....I'd walk over broken glass to give them another wooden spoon.

Remove this Banner Ad

The Kangaroos are rated the worst side in the AFL

Remove this Banner Ad

Back