9. Sydney
10. Essendon
11. Kangaroos
12. Carlton
13. Hawthorn
14. Adelaide
15. Richmond
16. Western Bulldogs

Jeez, this is too hard, im probably going to be shot by the same time next year. Could end up being so bloody wrong it wont be funny

Should look something like this:

Port Adelaide
St Kilda
Geelong
Brisbane
West Coast
Melbourne
Sydney
Carlton
-----------
Fremantle
Essendon
Collingwood
Kangaroos
Richmond
Western Bulldogs
Adelaide
Hawthorn

catfan29 said:
1. Port Adelaide
2. Geelong
3. St Kilda
4. Brisbane Lions
5. West Coast
6. Melbourne
7. Sydney
8. Collingwood
9. Fremantle
10. Kangaroos
11. Essendon
12. Carlton
13. Richmond
14. Adelaide
15. Hawthorn
16. Western Bulldogs

Premier: Geelong
Brownlow: James Bartel

GF: Geelong V Port Adelaide

catfan, I think you need to defer to your idol johnny howard on this one!
2005 grand final Saints vs whoever else is good enough to get there.

Brownlow, toss up ... Riewoldt, Ball or Dal.

There has been a trend over the past 10 years or so and that is there have been a minimum of 2 changes to the eight each year (1996 and 2003) and a maximum of 4 (2001 and 2002) with 3 teams changing the norm (all the other years). Since 1997, Melbourne have been one year in, one year out, so thats probably one change already - who are the others?

kirky said:
There has been a trend over the past 10 years or so and that is there have been a minimum of 2 changes to the eight each year (1996 and 2003) and a maximum of 4 (2001 and 2002) with 3 teams changing the norm (all the other years). Since 1997, Melbourne have been one year in, one year out, so thats probably one change already - who are the others?
interesting point you make, but i think there can only realistically be two changes

sydney and essendon - and even then, i'm skeptical as to the prospect of essendon dropping out of the finals this season.

brisbane and port are still good enough, geelong, st. kilda, melbourne and west coast are all still young and would expect to improve

as for the teams that can come into the eight, i think only freo could do it, and even then i don't think they are capable of making it in. carlton, colingwood and richmond have to improve too much. the kangaroos will require early wins and holding on to a spot rather than coming from behind.

Ted Pellitts said:
the kangaroos will require early wins and holding on to a spot rather than coming from behind.

Indeed. The last two seasons we have gotten ourselves into a position to make the finals, only to blow it with costly losses late in the season. Hopefully we learn something from it.

Sydney = underated
not a change last couple of season we have been underated and proved u people wrong shouldve been top four again this year lost a couple winnable games eg: roos, tigers

milnedog44 said:
This guy is either the dumbest or most optimistic collingwood supporter putting them 3rd on the ladder, my guess is dumbest as he goes for the pies

Hey milnedog, if collingwood make it within lets say 2 spots of 3rd on the ladder will u resign from making an idiot of ureself infront of everybody on the board?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Ladder at the end of the home and away season, assuming the teams have a fair run with injuries:

1. Brisbane
2. Port
3. St Kilda
4. West Coast
5. Melbourne
6. Geelong
7. Sydney
8. Fremantle
9. Collingwood
10. Essendon
11. Carlton
12. Kangaroos
13. Adelaide
14. Richmond
15. Western Bulldogs
16. Hawthorn

1 - Brisbane
I can't believe how this team has gone from probably the best of all time at 2:30 GF afternoon to over the hill duds by 5:30 according to so many. Lethal doesn't like to lose and neither does Voss. Look for Voss to live in a forward pocket this year and kick 50+. Jon Brown will come back and have a huge year (because if he doesn't by the time Lethal's through with him, he'll be holding up a freeway overpass somewhere). Black, Power, Lappin, Michael, etc etc. Still a pretty useful side.

2 - Port
No reason to believe that Choco won't be able to control the premiership hangover and keep Port there or thereabouts again this year. Surely the footy gods owe Primus and Francou a full year and while Francou won't be as good as he was, I think we've forgotten how good he could be. Even at 80%, he'll be better than most. Look to Toby Thurstans to spend a bit of time in the backline to allow Primus to play up forward.

3 - St Kilda
There is an old saying that its harder to stay there than to get there and 3 clubs will be tested in 2005. Not much went wrong for the Saints last year. On the negative side, I'm not convinced the G-train is a regular 100-goal a year forward and the Saints still need a small forward to replace the mercurial Milne. ("mercurial"=someone who does something absolutely astonishing every 3-4 weeks; can be replaced by a fence post other times; see also J Farmer). On the positive side the Saints have Riewoldt, who has more class than the entire Richmond side, Luke Ball and a gang of quality players. They'll be in the mix.

4 - West Coast
The Wiggles are building. The return of Gardiner and a fit Cousins will help immensely and the Brownlow medallist leads a quality midfield. Desparately need someone taller than 4 foot 6 to regularly kick goals to become a real premiership threat.

5 - Melbourne
Can't keep bouncing up and down like a bungee jumper for ever. The Evangelist Daniher will push them into the eight. If Davey continues to develop, then the Dees could be a real threat in 2006, although Neeta will be getting on a bit by then. Need to give Jeff White the first 6 weeks of the season off, so he is fit when it really matters.

6 - Geelong
The second of the "harder to stay" sides. Currently lack a genuinely great player (and Ottens ain't going to be it) that would lift them into premiership contention.

7 - Sydney
Seems to be Roosy ambition to win a game 1-0 one day. Enough quality to stay in the 8, but have to find someone other than big bad bustling balding bouncing Barry to kick goals for them

8 - Fremantle
My last show of faith in the Dockers. Carr will add much needed guts to the midfield, but Connolly has to decide what he is doing in the forward line. I would suggest putting Pavlich at CHF and leaving him there. We keep hearing about this guy's potential, but he never seems to spend more than 10 minutes in any one position.

9 - Collingwood
Won't have the same disastrous run with injuries they had last year. Still, what was revealed last year was that the gap between the Pies best and their next level was a chasm. Chad Morrison will help by adding a bit of "schwabbiness" to the side (a "schwabby" is that kind of player who always seems to play a good game, although he's never in anyone's great player list; "schwabbies" are usally the difference between good sides and great sides) although he's not exactly going to add lightning pace to an already slow midfield. The Guru has already said that Bucks won't be spending his entire season in the Pie midfield, so it will be interesting to see what happens there.

10 - Essendon
Sorry Bomber fans, but Hirdy and Fletcher will be another year older and Sheeds didn't exactly act big in trade week. No ruck and a slow midfield won't get them far this year.

11 - Carlton
After a better than expected season in 2004, Carlton are the 3rd of the "harder to stay" teams. If they can stay around position 10-11, with around 10 wins, then I think they will be well placed for a push into the finals in 2006. Opposition sides will treat them with a bit more respect in 2005 and that will make games just a bit harder to win.

12 - Kangaroos
Not many remaining now from the great Kangas sides of a few years ago. Look for this to be a transition year, with 2006 depending on how well the kids come through when Archer and Sav finally hang up the boots.

13 - Adelaide
Despite his big first up win, Neil Craig didn't exactly prove to be the messiah crows fans were waiting for. Some strange results for Adelaide last year; apart from their thrashing at the hands of Brisbane, their percentage wasn't too bad. This means that they tended to win big and not lose by much. Could be the smokey for a big rise, but need a huge year from McLeod.

14 - Richmond
The Plough will get them off the bottom, but not by much.

15 - Western Bulldogs
Perhaps Rocket was showing great faith in his list by not trading, but you would have thought that a team that finished 14th last year had one or two weaknesses that needed addressing. I don't think Richmond and the Dogs will lose as many games as they did last year, but they won't move far up the ladder.

16 - Hawthorn
Just tragic to witness the events of 2003 for this once great club. Its just hard to see anything happening for a club that seems completely directionless both on and off the field. Still all the best to Alastair Clarkson for at least having the guts to get out of the Assistant comfort zone and taking on the big job.

Cos

Johnson#26 said:
St.Kilda
Collingwood
West Coast
Geelong
Port
Brisbane
Melbourne
Sydney
-------
North
Essendon
Carlton
Fremantle
Hawthorn
Western Bulldogs
Adelaide
Richmond

Grand Final: Collingwood vs St.Kilda

Winner: Magpies

Norm Smith: Scotty Burns

That just shows me 1 thing that you have no idea when it comes to Football. If collingwood happen to make the 8 which they might not there is no way known you will Finish 1st and Win the Grand final. Brisbane will finish higher then 5th as well. Norm Smith now a days you have to be a player on Grand Final day to win this that will count Burns out. Even though i follow Richmond i can tell you know you will need to look at 16th place once more as Richmond wont be there 2 years in a row.

1 Port Adelaide
2 Brisbane
3 Stkilda
4 Geelong
5 West Coast
6 Essendon
7 Fremantle
8 Melbourne
--------------
9 Sydney
10 Richmond
11 Kangaroos
12 Collingwood
13 Carlton
14 Hawthorn
15 Western Bulldogs
16 Adelaide

I'll play ya silly game..........

1. Saints
2. Wet Toast
3. Bombers
4. Port Power
5. Cats
6. Bears
7. Swans
8. Demons
9. Blues
10. Tigers
11. Pies
12. Dogs
13. Kangas
14. Dawks
15. Crows
16. Frockers

Cos said:
(a "schwabby" is that kind of player who always seems to play a good game, although he's never in anyone's great player list; "schwabbies" are usally the difference between good sides and great sides)
so true
didn't quote whole thing but top post

I think it will go like this:

1. Port Power
2. Saint kilda Saints
3. Sydney Swans
4. Brisbane Lions
5. Geelong Cats
6. West coast Eagles
7. Fremantle Dockers
8. Richmond Tigers :D
9. Melbourne Demons
10. Essondon Bomers
11. North Melbourne Kangaroos
12. Adelaide Crows
13. Carlton Blues
14. Western Bulldogs
15. Hawthorn Hawks
16. Collingwood Magpies :p

Saints were on top for most of this year and they will finish on top next year. Followed by Port, Freo and Geelong or West Coast fourth.

tigers67 said:
I think it will go like this:

1. Port Power
2. Saint kilda Saints
3. Sydney Swans
4. Brisbane Lions
5. Geelong Cats
6. West coast Eagles
7. Fremantle Dockers
8. Richmond Tigers :D
9. Melbourne Demons
10. Essondon Bomers
11. North Melbourne Kangaroos
12. Adelaide Crows
13. Carlton Blues
14. Western Bulldogs
15. Hawthorn Hawks
16. Collingwood Magpies :p

:eek:

This will be the ladder .........

1. Collingwood
2. Essendon
3. Adelaide
4. carlton
5. Richmond
6. Bulldogs
7. Hawthorn
8. Kangaroos
9. Westcoast
10. Fremantle
11. Melbourne
12. Brisbane
13. Geelong
14. Port Adelaide
15. Sydney
16. St kilda

....... Got your hopes up didnt I you stupid collingwood supporters. That is what it would be at the end of 2005 if you turned the ladder upside down. so collingwood would get the wooden spoon and St Kilda will end up on top.

:rolleyes: its true

Official 2005 AFL Ladder Divination

1. St. Kilda
2. Geelong
3. Port Adelaide
4. West Coast
5. Melbourne
6. Western Bulldogs
7. Sydney
8. Brisbane

9. Carlton
10. Collingwood
11. Richmond
12. Essendon
13. Adelaide
14. Kangaroos
15. Fremantle
16. Hawthorn

:p

1. Geelong
2. Port Adelaide
3. Kangaroos
4. St.Kilda
5. Brisbane
6. West Coast
7. Western Bulldogs - very underrated side
won 4 games in 04 and lost 4 by less then 2 goals. lost another 3 by less then 3 goals. Worst accuracy in the comp. Can only get better. Think about it.
8. Sydney

9.Fremantle
10. Essendon
11. carlton
12. Richmond
13. Adelaide
14 Hawthorn
15. Demons - EVEN YEAR
16. Pies

Remove this Banner Ad

The Ladder At the end of 2005

Remove this Banner Ad