Fremantle
Hawthorn
Western Bulldogs
Adelaide
Richmond

Grand Final: Collingwood vs St.Kilda

Winner: Magpies

Norm Smith: Scotty Burns

This is always so dificult but i'll have a shot.

Port
Geelong
St.Kilda
Westcoast
Brisbane
Fremantle
Sydney
Carlton

-------

Melbourne
Western Bulldogs
Essendon
Collingwood
North
Adelaide
Richmond
Hawthorn

SpringChoke said:
What makes you think the Saints will win it, they haven't been able too in the last 40 years. Brisbane will win it easily even after Demie and co make them play their "home" prelim. final in Perth and allow only for three days rest.

My prediction was just MO, take it with a grain of salt.

I think Adelaide are a better side than where I predicted them
to finish, however their coach was a BAD choice !!

Mountain West said:
Post-draw revision
1. St. Kilda - 72
2. Geelong - 68
3. Port Adelaide - 64
4. Brisbane Lions - 64
5. Sydney Swans - 60
6. West Coast Eagles - 48
7. Melbourne - 48
8. Carlton - 48
9. Fremantle - 44
10. Collingwood - 40
11. Essendon - 40
12. Kangaroos - 36
13. Adelaide - 28
14. Hawthorn - 20
15. Richmond - 12
16. Western Bulldogs - 12

Richmond are going to win 6 or more games for sure. Don't forget we do have several good established players, like Brown, Richardson, Kane Johnson, Tivendale, Coughlan. We did so atrociously is because Frawley played the ENTIRE team in the back half of the ground. Just putting players back accross the field will win us a couple more games, and that's before any Wallace strategies or training drills pay off (or not).

Daytripper said:
Essendon have made the finals the last 6 years and now magically they are going to slip to 14th !!!!!!

Do you have a precedent ?

If team can soar up the ladder (Melbourne got a priority pick last year/Footscray in 97), and teams can plunge down the ladder (Collingwood anyone?), then Essendon can slip from 8 - 14. You have lost many experienced players each year for three years, and have been hovering around the upper middle of the ladder for a decade as you say, so have had crap draft picks.

Where exactly does your future rest? The Baby bombers are just about gone, and the 6 years of finals actually counts against you in terms of draft picks and an aging team. The more finals you are in, the more likely the run will end!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Ghost of Punt Road said:
If team can soar up the ladder (Melbourne got a priority pick last year/Footscray in 97), and teams can plunge down the ladder (Collingwood anyone?), then Essendon can slip from 8 - 14. You have lost many experienced players each year for three years, and have been hovering around the upper middle of the ladder for a decade as you say, so have had crap draft picks.

Where exactly does your future rest? The Baby bombers are just about gone, and the 6 years of finals actually counts against you in terms of draft picks and an aging team. The more finals you are in, the more likely the run will end!

You arguement is logical - but then again - a counter arument can easily be put forward. any team boasting the stars Essendon has plus some up and coming players will always be a chance for finals, maybe more.

It is all speculation at the moment - no Essendon doesn't have the depth it would like, but it sure has a better list than most realise. The best 22 on the aprk and this team is a finals team, anyway - like everything - it all comes down to the mental well-being of the players at each club.

This is half the reason your team has been schite for so long.

Pevers-Legend said:
.......The best 22 on the park and this team is a finals team, anyway - like everything - it all comes down to the mental well-being of the players at each club.....
That's the truth.
Port and Essendon each hammered the other in our home games in 2004. You can exhaustively analyse the in/outs to argue why, but really it's just who is switched on for that day.
It is consistently said that there is little difference in the talent available from 1-16. I agree with that, the presence of some superstars not withstanding. If you strike the elusive combination of a competent coaching group and a group of players who will listen you do well.
In 2005 we really have no idea who will be where and I think that is great. St Kilda v Geelong in the GF, Brisbane and Richmond 3rd and 4th, Port and Western Bulldogs 5th and 6th. That would be fantastic (though I doubt I'd be so pleased when it did come around).
Here is to a perplexing and exciting new season in 2005, in which teams that have been down are up and vica versa (except for Port).

not very imaginative but... non caps are how the ladder would look if played same as last time they played at the ground fixtured.(basically adding 2004 and a bit of 2003 and 2005 fixtures)

STK+2 port
PORT-1 bris
BRIS-1 stk
GEEL- geel
WCE- wce
ESS+2 syd
FREO+2 melb
COLL+2 ess
----
CARL+3 freo
SYD-4 coll
MELB-4 kang
RICH+4 carl
ADEL- adel
KANG-3 haw
WB- wb
HAW-3 rich

I am not even going to try and decide on a ladder for next year. But I will say where I think teams are capable of finishing
Teams capable of being in the top eight:
Port
Saints
Melbourne
Brisbane
Geelong
Freo
WC
Collingwood
Sydney
Carlton
Of those I can only see Geelong, Saints, Freo, Melbourne, Sydney & Port as being capable of top 4.

tarrant said:
Port Power
St. Kilda
Collingwood
West coast
Geelong
Sydney
North Melbourne
Brisbane
Freo
Melbourne
Essendon
Carlton
Richmond
Adeliade
Bulldogs
Hawks

This guy is either the dumbest or most optimistic collingwood supporter putting them 3rd on the ladder, my guess is dumbest as he goes for the pies

ST Kilda
PORT
Geelong
West Coast
Brisbane
Sydney
Melbourne
Fremantle
Essendon
Carlton
North Melbourne
Bulldogs